Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

GA - glad to see u posting again, missed u, and i hope things get better.

Thanks Carol! I've been headache free for about 3 days now and I think I will try to walk tonight. Saying I'm going to go walking sounds sooooo weird to me, lol. I do miss running and will be glad when I can start back. I'm sure I will have to start all over, but that's okay.

On a good note, I'm finally getting my oxygen today! It should help greatly in aborting the headaches.

Kathy- Hope you are feeling better soon. I hear ya on the money situation. It seems like we will never get ahead. Living paycheck to paycheck has become the norm for us. We've actually gotten pretty good at it, lol!

I have to boast! We did a mile time trial last night at track and I was able to run it in under 9 minutes! I did in 8:40, in fact.

This puts my predicted half-marathon pace down to 10:36 when it was slightly over 11 min. before.

Woot, woot!

I have to boast! We did a mile time trial last night at track and I was able to run it in under 9 minutes! I did in 8:40, in fact.

This puts my predicted half-marathon pace down to 10:36 when it was slightly over 11 min. before.

Woot, woot!

Mac~ WTG! I would kill to just get my mile under 10min! When is your 1/2 marathon?

I had an awesome evening run! Went with DH and my DDog (Jackson) up to a mountain trail. We had a thunderstorm, it rained, and cooled off tonight - it was perfect! DH took off on his run and Jackson I did a 4 mile run. It was a nice trail, good hills and we got to run across a stream - Jackie loved that!

Woo Hoo and WTG Mac, Kristen and GA!!! All of u along with Kathy are my role models.

I did a practice run tonite and did fair. I finished which is half the battle. one cool thing was that for the last 100 ft or so, i consciously poured on the speed. I had thought i was done, nothing left, but said to myself - u r so close, just try to see how fast you can go. and i did!!! i'm going to try to do another practice run on sunday or monday.

my goal is to do a 15 min mile pace, so hearing Mac say hers is just over 9 mins...omg. i know its all relative. we'll see what my next goal becomes. :)

well, TC all,

Carol

I did a 4 mile group run today and ran/walked. My time improved though! I finished with an average of 13.67/mile. I found someone who ran at my pace and that helped keep both of us going.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement...I don't post much, but I read!

~~anne

Congrats Carol & Anne!

Well, I'm on VACATION!!! YEAH!!! And the weather is nice today... but I did have to ask my DH what the yellow bright thing was up in the sky... LOL! We're heading into Toronto to take the kids to the zoo and then to Chinatown for dinner... mmmm yummy!

Tomorrow I'm taking my DS to a movie with his BFF and then they are going to have a sleepover at our house. This will be my DS's first ever sleepover... OMG, I've got a tear in my eye. For those of you who've heard me talk about my kids, you'll remember that my DS is special... he's deaf and intellectually disabled, so I really never thought he'd have a normal kid experience. Well, he's getting his sleepover and he's so excited about it. His BFF is also deaf and has tourettes, so they are quite the unique pair together. They really compliment the other, and it helps that my DH and I are good friends with his parents.

On the running front, I'm challenging myself to run 4x during my vacation. I looked at my running history on Nike+ and realized that I did so much better in the winter when I ran inside, as I wasn't dependant on the weather. So now I have to create a plan to go regardless of the weather... inside or out!

Carol~ You'll kill that race! Isn't it amazing how we really do have that little extra burst of energy at the end when we push for it!

Anne~ I really like the group run, just started doing that and it is nice to have someone that runs at your pace to keep you going! 4miles- yeah!

Kathy~ So nice to hear that your DS has a BFF. Nice for the kids to have those normal experiences, and just get to be kids!

Had a couple good runs this week - no spills! I have today off, my body is saying "Thanks!" and have a group trail run early Sunday morning. Can't wait! It is a really great trail and we get to go over logs and creeks - too fun!

Mac~ WTG! I would kill to just get my mile under 10min! When is your 1/2 marathon?

It's in Oct.

I did 3.66 for my tempo run and that was under 10 min. too. But not by such a large amount. :)

I really want to do the 1/2 mary in under 2 hours so I need to keep working.

Mac - holy smokes you're going to disappear!

Kathy - I totally understand. A coworker and good friend of mine's son is autistic and we talk daily about his struggles. I'm so happy for your son.

GA - how are the headaches? Still holding them at bay?

Carol - Keep after your goal, you'll get there!

Anne - Congrats on the run, that's a great time.

Kristen - Sounds like you are right on track and staying on your feet! Woot!

Way to go you guys! You're all doing great!

Edited by SuzanneG

GA - how are the headaches? Still holding them at bay?

Hey Suzanne. The headaches have reduced in number since starting the Prednisone. I am gradually tapering off of them, but I have a little over two more weeks left on them. I've been having them on and off every few days. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I'll let ya'll know what happens. Unfortunately I've blown up like a whale since starting the steroids. My face and stomach is SO swollen and fat looking. I look 7 months pregnant! It's really embarrassing because people are noticing the weight gain.

I guess I'm in a rut and just praying I can get out soon! Thanks for asking about me.

How is your foot doing? I hope it is better.

GA, glad to hear you are enjoying some relief. I know what you're going through with the prednizone, there is truely nothing you can do about it until you are off it, but don't be too discouraged the weight will come right back off as soon as the meds clear your system.

The foot sucks. Physical therapy was helping but I seem to have turned a corner where its making it feels worse instead of better now. I think the doc is going to put a cortizone shot in it next Friday (14th). I won't sleep for 2 days after that, I'm crazy sensitive to it. Last time I literally didn't sleep for 46 hours. Anyway, if that doesn't fix it, I'm back in surgery. :smile2:

I'm anxious to get it fixed. I was hoping maybe I can start the C25K with you when you're ready, but if I need surgery, I won't be running again until Jan. :)

Keep me posted on how you are feeling.

GA~ Glad to hear that the headaches are coming further apart. Sorry about the meds making you swell up. Hopefully you will be done with it soon and be feeling better so you can start running again.

Suzanne~ No fun with the foot. Crossing fingers that you don't have to have surgery!

Thanks Kristen!

Suzanne- Sorry about the foot! I hope the cortizone helps you so you don't have to have surgery. As much as I want to start running again, I won't be able to until I'm positive my cluster cycle is over. Certain things seem to trigger the headaches and exercise is one of them. My doctor's appt got cancelled because my doc is home with the flu, so they scheduled me to go back on Monday.

Hang in there Suzanne! Here's to hoping the cortizone works!! Keep me posted on how you're doing.