Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

april - is it free? whats the link?

Carol

Hi slinky! If you have an iphone or ipod touch you can download it from the itunes store. In the search box type in couch 2 5k. once the page loads click on the app by felt tip inc. (the icon is a brown box with a white 5k) It's only $1.99

Today is my 1 year band-iversay. I am so proud of my 1 year journey to the best me I can be!!!! I am 50 pounds lights, I can run 4 miles without stopping, I look 10 years younger, and I am wearing a size 8.

I am so pumped!! If you are just starting this program - do NOT get discouraged. You can do this - one step at a time.

Celebrate my band-iversay by running just a few steps further than you did last time. I feel your excitement.

Lyn... Happy Bandaversary! Tomorrow is my 1 year running start date anniversary! And soon will be my 2 year bandaversary. Life's Good!

Just got home from a business trip and I'm exhausted. No runs, lots of drinking, lots of food, really really tired!

Congratulations on your band-iversary Lyn....

I did 3.8 on the treadmill last night...my run is tomorrow morning at 8am...it was too muggy to jog outside. Not sore today, but I always feel it the first mile out, then it's smooth sailing after that. This weekend is 3.8, and then I will be getting prepared for 4.1 on 7/25.

I joined EHarmony last night...my weight has always held me back from dating since I was in my 20's. I went on my first date in Barbados last year, of course I would meet the man of my dreams 3000 miles away and he also has a girlfriend....I'm ready to look for someone closer:)

Good luck on the runs everyone.

Have my first sprint triathlon on Sunday. Very nervous, just hoping to get through the darn thing. Of course the heat decides to set in this week - go figure!

I picked up my registration and now my nerves have really kicked in. I will be in the last wave with all the newbies, so that is somewhat comforting.

Hey Kristen - best of luck tomorrow!

I'm a bit nervous about tonite too. Mostly excited! trying to drink plenty of Water and eat right. will be hot tonite I'll post my time later.

tc all,

Carol

Rained out + 30 mph winds + LOTS of lightning = It WILL be rescheduled.

TC,

Carol

Rained out + 30 mph winds + LOTS of lightning = It WILL be rescheduled.

TC,

Carol

Carol~ Sorry were rained out! That must be tough when you are all psyched up and ready to run and then you can't! Will they be able to reschedule any time soon?

I did it! I completed my sprint triathlon! So excited! Now I need to find another one to go to! LOL!

Anywho - going to start getting ready this week for my trail running class next Sunday. Should be fun. My DH went to the first run this morning and really enjoyed it.

Hi! I'm new here. 4 wks out from banding and haven't had fills so I'm in that horrible spots so I've been extra committed to working out. I started to c25k program 2 days ago. I did 3.2m in 60 minutes and then 56 minutes the second day. I see you guys do it in 30-40 mins so that will be my goal! Guys, I'm not losing any weight. I haven't lost "WEIGHT" in 3 wks now and I've done everything right, even workout 30-60 minutes a day 5-6 days a week. What am I doing wrong??

liz - come into the chat room here and u will see that not only r u not alone, but this phase is completely normal. u arent doing anything wrong. its called bandster hell. its the period where your band isnt starting to be fully functional yet. it may also take a few fills to get it right. one friend described it as a nail w/o a hammer. another tool image: imagine a tool belt with several tools in it. the band is only one of them. theres exercise - which is good but, you should only start with your doc's approval, since this is the time to HEAL. another tool in your tool belt is the choices you make in general. good food choices, etc. the band is only one tool in your arsenal.

Congrats on starting C25k though. it will help a lot. i hope this helps and if u want to come chat, im there pretty much every nite.

tc,

Carol

Edited by slinky

Hello all,

I completed the 3.8 on Saturday in my Westport Running Series...time was 50:47. This weekend is 4.1, I'm so excited when I finish a run and can;'t wait until the next one. I'm still a little bummed out about not losing any weight, I go to my monthly therapy sessions and people there are just walking and they're consistently losing 1-2 pounds a week, meanwhile I'm running 5K's and I've lost 2 pounds in 2 months...I don't get it.

Hello all,

I completed the 3.8 on Saturday in my Westport Running Series...time was 50:47. This weekend is 4.1, I'm so excited when I finish a run and can;'t wait until the next one. I'm still a little bummed out about not losing any weight, I go to my monthly therapy sessions and people there are just walking and they're consistently losing 1-2 pounds a week, meanwhile I'm running 5K's and I've lost 2 pounds in 2 months...I don't get it.

Stick with it! I have been in a plateau for 4 months now! I have been training hard and have not lost a single pound, just rebounding around in a 3 pound range. I still feel better than I did before, I am fit and that is better than gaining back the weight.

I am doing the positive thoughts and trying not to get down about it and keep moving every day. Everybody loses differently and I am sure that the scale will move down again, my body is just adjusting to the new me!