Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

How was everyone's day? I didn't do to bad...

B: 2 eggs with 3 tbps Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits

S: Almonds

L: Wasn't hungry and food shopping during lunch

S: Almonds

S: coffee w/cream & 2 splenda

D: 3 oz. Top Round Steak, 1 1/2 cups of tossed salad w/Kens Greek Dressing

S: Atkins Crustless Cheesecake (no strawberries)

If anyone is interested here is the recipe:

Atkins' Crustless Cheesecake

Ingredients:

• 12 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 3 pkts Splenda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 Cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 Cup fresh strawberries, quartered. (optional)

Combine cream cheese, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix well. Beat the heavy cream in a separate bowl until it forms soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.

Transfer the mixture to a large glass bowl and chill, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 25 minutes. Top with berries if you like. Serve immediately or store, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

Serves 8. 2.6 carbs per serving (7 carbs if using berries.)

Have a great night everyone!

Cindy

Cindy, That looks absolutely wonderful!! I will be getting cream cheese tommorow so I can make it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Here's my day

B - 2 pieces of sausage

L - chicken quarter, skinless

D - 2 oz brisket, 1/3 cup brocolli

S - coffee with sf french vanilla Creamer

Route 44 unsweet tea from Sonic

Hey,

Cindy - Thanks for the recipe. Sounds like you're very determined to stay on track. Who would have thought you could drive for 20 min without finding a Mc Do in the states.:lol:

renewedhope - Your new photos look great. What a huge change!!

ladybird - I actually got Jello as my first "real" meal in hospital. I'm still having it now while in the liquid stage. Maybe they treat it like liquid so you shouldn't have it right after a normal meal. Not sure.

Bonnie - Thanks for the welcome. I think I'll have to get my Atkins book out again to try and remember how it all works.

Here in Australia we've got the Bodytrim diet. It's low carb and for 3 days at the start you're only eating Protein. It's all about keeping your metabolism working well so that you keep losing heaps of weight and don't reach plateaus. I think I'll follow that one after the liquid stage.

For anyone who is interested:

You have to eat at least 6 meals/snacks per day. Each is about 100g of protein and for the main meals low carb vegies can be added. At least 1 hour wait between each snack or meal but never leave it more than 3 hours. The idea is that your body constantly digests and that it keeps the metabolism going.

I did it for a while before the band and it works well.

Maren

I got mine at CVS

About how much do they cost? I found them on Ebay ... just wondering if the prices there are a good deal or not ...

I paid between $6 and $7 for 50 ketone sticks at Walmart. They actually are helping to keep me on track. Last night at work they brought in this big platter of brownies and Peanut Butter Cookies and left them sitting on the nurses station. What is wrong with them? Don't they know I'm not eating that stuff? HAHAHA Well, those things had to go! And NOT in my mouth! I moved them over to the break room and stayed away from that room all evening long. Had I not been doing low carb I would have had a little taste, but I had to make sure my ketone stick changed color this morning! hahah I have such a love/hate relationship with this eating plan. I feel great and I'm losing weight, but it is super hard to stay dedicated.

I'm down another 1/2 pound this morning. YAY!

I am down 1 pound this morning, and TOM has visited today. Usually, that means weight gain!! I am also back in moderate ketosis.

Are you a nurse, Mamato?? Before i started staying home with all these kiddos I was a nurse. Well, still am just not working right now!!

Way to go everyone!!

Here's to another great day!!

Yes I am a nurse. I am working about 32 hours a week right now because I have to! My hubby was in a car accident at work on March 31 and has not been able to return to work yet because of a back injury.

Good job getting yourself back in ketosis! Maybe it is because I bought cheapo Walmart ketone sticks that my stick wont change past small. hahahah just kidding.

Hi everyone.

I was just banded on Thursday, so I'm still on liquids, but I guess that means I'm low carbing, right? LOL. My goal all along has been to low carb, I got the band to use as a tool to help me stick to low carb. I, too, have PCOS, and I have had my best success with low carb. Right now, 5 days postop I'm not even the slightest bit hungry, so I'm hoping to ease into my mushies and solids doing only low carb. I'm hoping the transition is smooth since I'm not really craving anything right now.

I'm so glad I found y'all, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome Skinny! Brace yourself and anjoy not being hungry. Not everyone, but most go from not hungry to "bandster hell" If you start feeling hungry not to worry most people do until they have restriction. we will cheer you on!! Welcome to the club!!

Do you any of you low-carbers keep a food journal? I write down everything I eat and try to write down Protein, calories, fat, Fiber and of course carbs. The only numbers I REALLY watch is carbs and calories. If I go out to eat I just write what I ate, but I don't write the numbers. Too much work to look all of that up, plus I think if I am faithful to the plan then an occassional out to dinner (and eating wisely) is not going to ruin my day. I also journal my exercise. I don't get crazy about that either. Just a general description.

This afternoon I put some goals down in my dayplanner (where I journal) for each month...all the way to the final goal pound. At the end of each month I am going to write other goals (fitness, size, and anything else I can think of) for the next month. I find that I work much harder when I have something in writing that I am working towards.

This really makes me look forward to my skinny future!

Good Evening Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great day today and stayed on track...if not, don't beat yourself up and start again tomorrow.

Bonnie...I use sparkpeople to log my food; you can choose what you want to track. I like to track Protein & carbs...it has a place for journaling and tracking exercise as well. I like it...I don't always get everything but I try.

This morning I was down 2lbs. I can't believe it...this really works for me. I did 2 one hour classes of Water aerobics today. The Burn Baby Burn class kicked my butt again...I am in pain.

As for eating, my menu was:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with 2 tbsp of real bacon bits cooked in real butter.

Snack: Almonds & Atkins Crustless Cheesecake

Lunch: leftover BBQ chicken and salad...ate only the chicken got stuck & PB'd.

Snack: Swiss cheese and Deli Ham roll up & more almonds.

Dinner: 3oz Roast Beef, tossed salad and Ken's Ceaser Dressing

Snack: Atkins Crustless Cheesecake

I need to work on the Water though. I seem to only get in about 40-50 oz. of water. I guess better than nothing.

Have a great evening everyone! Keep up the great work.

Cindy