Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

I try to be low carb, so count me in. I accept a certain number of carbs from my non-fat dairy and my natural fruits and veggies, but I don't eat refined flours (or really any flours for that matter), I don't eat sweets, and I don't add sugar to anything.

I watch the totals and will make choices to have the lowest carbs I can.

Part of it is choice, part of it is medical (PCOS and insulin resistance, etc.).

Whatever it is, it works for me!

Another low carb day for me. It was a hard day for me, stressed to the max and an ass for a boss. Have you heard, she knows it ALL. Then came home to a messy messy house, because that's just what I want to do is clean up after everyone after working 12 hours. Forget that I am now officially on strike in my home. I left my lunch bag on the counter, made juice and left everything out, I put my coat on the table, cause why the hell would I hang it up. I then had a shower and left the bathroom littered with towels and clothes made a coffee and sat at my computer. My family is looking at me kinda funny but oh well. I'm sure they are getting the drift. I'm going to talk nice to my scale tonight. I'm going to tell it I'm getting on in the morning and it had better be a good number. I work nights for the next few nights and hope I can be a good girl. I have my meals planned and lots of work to do, so hopefully a couple more low carb days for me.

cc

Edited by ccm

Another low carb day for me. It was a hard day for me, stressed to the max and an ass for a boss. Have you heard, she knows it ALL. Then came home to a messy messy house, because that's just what I want to do is clean up after everyone after working 12 hours. Forget that I am now officially on strike in my home. I left my lunch bag on the counter, made juice and left everything out, I put my coat on the table, cause why the hell would I hang it up. I then had a shower and left the bathroom littered with towels and clothes made a coffee and sat at my computer. My family is looking at me kinda funny but oh well. I'm sure they are getting the drift. I'm going to talk nice to my scale tonight. I'm going to tell it I'm getting on in the morning and it had better be a good number. I work nights for the next few nights and hope I can be a good girl. I have my meals planned and lots of work to do, so hopefully a couple more low carb days for me.

You sound like me! :lol: I'm sorry you had a hard day, but congrats on sticking to your low carb menu.

I've actually done really well eating low carb foods, my problem is that I've become addicted to hazelnut iced coffees and that is where the carbs add up for me! :smile:

I hate McDonalds for introducing them to me ... and I hate myself for figuring out how to make them at home (and make 'em taste better than theirs!) :smile:

I'm never gonna lose this last 40-50 lbs if I don't getta grip and stop drinking these. :redface:

You sound like me! :lol: I'm sorry you had a hard day, but congrats on sticking to your low carb menu.

I've actually done really well eating low carb foods, my problem is that I've become addicted to hazelnut iced coffees and that is where the carbs add up for me! :smile:

I hate McDonalds for introducing them to me ... and I hate myself for figuring out how to make them at home (and make 'em taste better than theirs!) :smile:

I'm never gonna lose this last 40-50 lbs if I don't getta grip and stop drinking these. :redface:

I have saw those ice coffee's advertized and I just new if I tried it just once I too would become addicted. So I have yet to try one, cause that is all I need is one more thing to think I want and need.:tongue2:BlooEyez are yours low carb, the ones you make? If they are share with us:drool:. If not low carb I don't want to know:lol:. I loves me coffee!

cc

I have started low carbing it again too-like you bloo I really wanted to be to onderland by now-but I am going to do Atkin like diet-I am going to disneyland in a month and want to be there by then.I have been eating meat, veggies, salad, Protein Shakes (1 with frozen strawberries). I stopped my coffees too-it really sucks..I am addicted...

I have saw those ice coffee's advertized and I just new if I tried it just once I too would become addicted. So I have yet to try one, cause that is all I need is one more thing to think I want and need.:tongue2:BlooEyez are yours low carb, the ones you make? If they are share with us:drool:. If not low carb I don't want to know:lol:. I loves me coffee!

cc

It's low carb if I actually measure the hazelnut Creamer and maybe put in just 2 T, but sometimes I just dump it in :redface:

I have started low carbing it again too-like you bloo I really wanted to be to onderland by now-but I am going to do Atkin like diet-I am going to disneyland in a month and want to be there by then.I have been eating meat, veggies, salad, Protein shakes (1 with frozen strawberries). I stopped my coffees too-it really sucks..I am addicted...

You are so close! Stick to low carbs and you can definitely get there in a month.

I grew up in Anaheim and used to go to Disney almost every weekend (back when it didn't cost an arm and a leg :redface:) but I haven't been in about 12 years now ... Hope you have fun!

I have been thinking of going low-carb. i'll go on adkins website to get some ideas. I also would like some ideas from other low-carbers.

Guys, I'm not sure that i can stick to 30 carbs a day. I'm nauseous, dizzy, and sore. I know that this is part of the induction phase but I have to write lectures. Currently, I'm mentally deficient. There isn't any way that I can teach like this. I wonder if it would OK to bump it up to 50 grams a day?

tooo many carbs last night, but I think I did OK. We went to a cookout at our friends house last night and I ate a burger on a bun AND had about half a cup of Pasta salad. I know this is not good on the induction part of the diet, but I didn't totally pig out AND we hung out until 1:00am and I didn't drink any alcohol, I didn't munch on chips or crackers or ANYTHING. I woke up this morning down .02 (okay its not A LOT but its not a gain!) and I thought for sure I would be out of ketosis and would have to work to get it back, but there is still a trace! This morning I went right back to having my Protein Drink instead of my usual "well I blew it last night...may as well have Lucky Charms (or something else bad) for breakfast" I am excited and I have lost just over 7 pounds in 6 days!!! I know the weightloss wont continue like this and most of it was probably Water weight but who cares! I'm shrinking!!!:ohmy:

My whole family s on Adkins and have lost 15-30 pounds each in 4 weeks. I get banded July 16th and plan to continue my low carb diet. It just works for me. If I do have some with added carbs it is a friut or vegtable. No flour, sweets. Mostly no white food. My weakness is Venti, non fat, 3 sweet'n'low latte fromm Starbucks. Please Don't make me say NO!!! I gave up the ultimate favorite ICE CREAM.

I am glad to know there are other low carb bandsters out there.

We had a cook out yesterday and it was mostly meat with a side of meat! Very funny, but nice that the whole family is involved. It is like a little support group.

However, my two sister in laws (not on a diet and needs to be) came over to our house. I told them I was scheduled a my lap band surgery on July 16. VERY disapproving. I have been very open about my surgery and have not run in to anyone who SAID negative comments. My one sister-in-law said "OH, Lynda, I hope you have a strong heart you know people die." I am sure that was suppose to be a CARING warning, but it wasn't recieved that way.

Oh well, when I am a size 6 and running 5k's; not only will I be thin, I will have an even healthier heart.

Low carb, Lap band, and a kick ass attitude; look out world, here we come! :ohmy:

I love your attitude Lyn, and whats great about low-carbing and being banded is that you have a slip up you still have restriction...where as others who are just doing the carb...we (or atleast I) worry that if I slip up I can eat a whole buffet and gain it all back! I hope to have the band surgery in the next couple of months.

i'm low carbing it too. It's been really difficult, but I feel much healthier. Thank you for putting the thread on. I need the support.