Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Hi girls,

I'm still at home recovering from surgery on the 25th and came across this forum and your thread. I hope you don't mind that I join in.

I'm in the liquid stage for another 10 days and even though I'm not a huge no carbs fan all your posts about food sound delicious to me right now.

I'll be sooo happy when I can mash up some tuna, eggs etc and when I finally stop dreaming about pizza.

I've tried Atkins before and I'm very impatient so I like low carb diets because of the fast weighloss.

I started my diet almost 2 years ago after gaining about 55kg (I think that's around 100 pounds) when pregnant. I then lost 20kg really quickly and was stuck with the rest. It has taken 21 months to get back down to just over 100kg, then I decided to get the surgery, did Optifast for 2 weeks and I'm now down to 96kg.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you to help keep myself on track.

Maren

congrats on your surgery maren! you are certainly welcome to join us!

Just wanted to let you all know, Im in Ketosis between moderate and heavy this morning! Woo Hoo! I know I could be in heavy if I am willing to give up my tortilla wrap and eat a different salad dressing. These are things I have daily that are my "higher carb" items. My wrap is 6 and my Salad Dressing is 11. Im not willing to give them up though!

Good Morning Low Carbers!

We will stay on plan today...we will do it....we are victors!

I started the Atkins Induction on Friday to kick start my metabolism. I am keeping my total daily carbs under 30 grams for the next two weeks. Today is day three and I feel great...the cravings are pretty much gone and I have a lot more energy than I did before. Also, working for me is the exercise. I know sometimes we don't want to hear that but I am a believer in it.

As for Low Carb...just for two weeks this strict induction and then on to probably more like a South Beach approach because it includes good carbs. I have definately found my issue is carbs and I will need to keep them at bay. Funny thing is when you begin to look back at the post op diet plan it indicates Protein, fruits/veggies & then carbs if still hungry...I guess I forgot and needed a kick in the pants.

My diet has included solid Protein and salad or cooked veggies, nuts and eggs/bacon/sausage. I think I am going to make some deviled eggs today for Snacks or even lunch. I like how I am feeling eating this way and hey I am down another 1lb.

Funny story for you...yesterday morning had to go to my son's All Star Baseball game...I needed to eat Breakfast out and thought I would just get scrambled eggs and a sausage patty at McD's. Well, do you think that I could find a McD's..nope drove for over 20min in two directions from the baseball park..nothing. Now I am starving...by damn I am not going to eat any carbs if it kills me. We finally find a convenience store and I think hey I will just grab some nuts and cheese...they had a Dunkin Donuts so I grabbed a Sausage/Egg/Cheese Bagel sandwich...now I bet you all thought I ate the bagel, Huh! Nope, ripped the egg/sausage/cheese from the middle and made the boys eat the bagel. I stayed on plan but had to be quite creative with it.

Off to Water aerobics...have a great day everyone! Motivation is key....think bikini.

Cindy

way to go with ketosis Bonnie. I am showing a small amount of ketones this morning. By end of day I plan to be at least in moderated ketosis. I will really watch it today.

DH took some new progress pics yesterday. I can really tell a difference. Click on my profile and view the album if you want. I am so motivated today.

PS here i come!!

Hmmmm, I am baffled by the ketone sticks! I have been dedicated to 20 or less carbs since Tuesday but my stick still only says that I have a small amount of ketones. I thought that it would have moved on up to moderate by now. Literally all I have eaten is eggs, meat, cheese, salad and 1 Atkins shake a day. Maybe I will only ever produce a small amout of ketones??

On a good note.... no wait... a FABULOUS note.... I am down 2.5 pounds this week! AND that places me at 199! YAY!!!!!! That is what I wanted to accomplish for this week and I am SO happy.

I'm going to keep the carbs under 20 for at least 1 more week and see what happens. I like losing 2.5 lbs in a week. It sure beats my .5 or 1 lb which has been my usual! Thanks for this thread and for the support!

WAY TO GO MAMATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to onederland!!

Even though you are only showing small ketones, obviously you are burning fat, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. My mom never goes deep into ketosis, but loses weight.

I am sooooo impressed with your committment!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Hmmmm, I am baffled by the ketone sticks! I have been dedicated to 20 or less carbs since Tuesday but my stick still only says that I have a small amount of ketones. I thought that it would have moved on up to moderate by now. Literally all I have eaten is eggs, meat, cheese, salad and 1 Atkins shake a day. Maybe I will only ever produce a small amout of ketones??

On a good note.... no wait... a FABULOUS note.... I am down 2.5 pounds this week! AND that places me at 199! YAY!!!!!! That is what I wanted to accomplish for this week and I am SO happy.

I'm going to keep the carbs under 20 for at least 1 more week and see what happens. I like losing 2.5 lbs in a week. It sure beats my .5 or 1 lb which has been my usual! Thanks for this thread and for the support!

Great Job Mamato#! Awesome job at onederland. I can't wait until I get there. I haven't seen it since...hmmmm...I can't remember.

Keep up the great job everyone!

Cindy

way to go with ketosis Bonnie. I am showing a small amount of ketones this morning. By end of day I plan to be at least in moderated ketosis. I will really watch it today.

DH took some new progress pics yesterday. I can really tell a difference. Click on my profile and view the album if you want. I am so motivated today.

PS here i come!!

I checked out your profile pics! WOW! Your before body is identical to what I have now...and if your now picture is what I have to look forward to...woo hoo!

bonnie, our beginning weights are very close to the same. It is all about making up your mind to make changes. It looks like you have already done that. I can't wait to see your progress pics....

I just bought Damascus Bakeries FLAX flat square rollups. I am excited because they are4 6 net carbs, 110 cal, total fat 3g, no trans fat, no cholesterol, 9g Fiber and 12g of PROTEIN! They are great for sandwhichs. They hold a lot of fillings. Now I can have my bread and eat it too! Thought I would share with you!

My doctor has not restricted anything. There are things my band won't let me eat, but she hasn't really given me any ablsolutes. liquids don't stay in the band as long and won't keep you full. I am not a big Jello fan, but I can eat it if I want to.

Hi All! I'm in the process of going through the steps to get insurance approval, and I did the whole low carb/high Protein diet last year, and it really does work, but sticking to it is hard, which is why I am here now! One question, where do you find the ketosis sticks? I havent tried looking for them yet, but will this week. Its great to be part of this group, and keeping each other motivated is what its all about!!