Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy Skinny Goals!

When I am at goal I would like to have my wedding dress altered to my new size and re-new my wedding vows in a fabulous celebration! :) Yup that is my goal. As with most others I would like to go to the beach in a great swimsuit and not be ashamed. HAHA maybe a beach photo shoot lol. I am just starting the journey though and I am sure I will come up with a crazy goal or two. :)

Hey everyone! Thought I should leave my list of to-do's. Some are probably quite a bit simpler than most, but with surgery next month and 300+ lbs to lose...IM READY!!

I wanna be able to cross my legs.

Shave all the parts I need to without struggling and missing spots.

Tie my shoes without struggling to bend and twist around my stomach.

Sit in a booth at a restaurant.

Sit in a chair that has arms.

Finally meet my husbands mother who lives in NY (Im in WA state) and be able to FLY there!

Use a seatbelt without an extender.

Play volleyball again.

Learn to snowboard!!

Introduce my hubby to Disneyland and RIDE on rides...That place holds some lf my best childhood memories.

Finally get my menstrual cycle back and regain the possibility of having children in the future.

Being able to shop in"normal" stores and not online...I don't even care if it's "plus size" or not.

sleep without pain, walk without pain, sit without pain.

Jog!

Learn to dance hip-hop.

Have better breath control and finally audition for a singing contest...The Voice? :)

Give my hubby the sex life he deserves.

Be the auntie my niece and nephews deserve.

Travel without the necessary strings that are attached...

But most of all, I just wanna LIVE!!

1Cor 10:31

I haven't been banded but these are all the reasons I have decided to proceed with the surgery:

My motivation to lose:

1) to look absolutely adorable in spandex leggings

2) put on a one-size-fits-all shirt and have it be the right size.. or too big!

3) wear heels for more than 20 minute before I have to sit down

4) wear a dress and have my thighs not rub so that I have to have shorts on underneath

5) paint my toenails without having to take breaks for breathing (I have to hold my breath cause my stomach is too big)

6) sit in a chair with my knees bent to my chest

7) do child's pose in yoga and not have my calves stopping my butt from touching the ground

8) sit in any chair in my auditorium at school, not just the one or two fat seats i have found

9) fit boots (even a wide leg boot) over my calves and be able to walk

10) wear a cute bathing suit with no rolls sticking out

11) fit perfectly as the "little spoon" when i am cuddling/sleeping

12) stop sleep apnea/insane snoring

13) not have dark skin around my folds/neck/groin to be ashamed of ----(Actually I'm not sure if this dark skin actually goes away, does anyone know?)

14) cut my hair really short and not think it makes my face look fat

I liked what someone else said about being able to see their vajay... it has been too long, so that is number 15

I could go on cause there are so many things I can't wait for!

When I meet my goal weight or mini goals along the way:

1) go sky diving (220 lbs)

2) get a dermal implant

3) get a tattoo

Anyone know an answer to the dark skin question?

Once banded n loose these pounds I'd like to walk into....

Into forever 21 at 29 and not just look at accessories, try on the clothes n buy an outfit

Go to six flags and stand on line without second guessing if going to fit on this one

Know that a guy staring isn't staring at my gut but me

Let my sons father regret he walked away....

Buy shoes that are not wide width...

The list is long I'll keep posting at a later time

I really love this post!!

When I meet my goal my friends are throwing me a party!!!! Everyone is going to bring me clothes and gift cards!!

- I would love to walk the beach in a bathing without a coverup

- I would love to ride a airplane without having to hide the seatbelt because it does not fit :(

- I would love to ride on the back of a motorcycle without feeling ashamed.

-I would love to shop in the smaller size stores and not just buy accessories and shoes!!

Go into a regular store and buy whatever I want.

Go to an amusement park and ride every single rollercoaster without worrying.

Go to a waterpark.

Wear a bikini.

Not be the "fat" friend or "fat" girl at the party.

Wear a strapless dress.

Teach a zumba class and inspire others to get healthy.

Go para-sailing.

Run a 5k.

Mine seems simple... But I want to get married! I've been engaged for almost 4 years. It's all because of my weight, I want to look back at the photos and like them, and me! I hate having my picture taken now! I also want to go horse back ridding! And just basic things, like walk and not get out of breath, be able to go to any store and find clothes! :)

I want to go to comic cons and wear those skimpy little costumes that get girls all the attention. Ooh, and be able to pick a Halloween costume right off the rack and not worry about them having it in extra huge size.

Shop in the regular section of forever 21 instead of the + size section.

Wear short shorts.

Eat something unhealthy and say 'god, i'm such a fattie' and have it be ironic.

Crossplay at comic/anime cons. (All the extra weight makes my hips and chest tooo large to hide my femine shape. Have to wear dresses or skirts to look accurate.)

Looking good in anything I wear rather than having to be limited to a few styles which make me look adorable. (Even feel comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt)

Not feeling like I have to dress better and more fashionably than everyone else to make up for being larger.

Have one of those 'model' scouts at the mall come up to me so I can deny them.

Not feeling uncomfortable going to harder to get into clubs in the meatpacking district.

When I'm down to or close to my goal weight it would be my ultimate dream to join the Air Force. Ive always dreamed of it but my weight has held me back so much. I'd love to backpack through Europe and not feel like I'm being judged or self conscious of my looks! I want to be able to wear sexy clothes and look great in workout gear. To better myself at working out and feeling like I'm

an inspiration to myself and to others. I want to do really extreme things such as sky dive and climb tall mountains! I want to be able to live my life without regrets. To be able to do things that are fulfilling. To look back on my life when I'm 75 and say "wow I really did everything I wanted to do and didn't let anything hold me back."

Everyone's responses are so beautiful and make me realize that life is so important to live....it's not the years in our life. It's the life in our years.

Shop in the regular section of forever 21 instead of the + size section.

Wear short shorts.

Eat something unhealthy and say 'god' date=' i'm such a fattie' and have it be ironic.

Crossplay at comic/anime cons. (All the extra weight makes my hips and chest tooo large to hide my femine shape. Have to wear dresses or skirts to look accurate.)

Looking good in anything I wear rather than having to be limited to a few styles which make me look adorable. (Even feel comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt)

Not feeling like I have to dress better and more fashionably than everyone else to make up for being larger.

Have one of those 'model' scouts at the mall come up to me so I can deny them.

Not feeling uncomfortable going to harder to get into clubs in the meatpacking district.[/quote']

Where you say "feeling like I have to dress better and more fashionably than everyone else to make up for being larger."

I know EXACTLY how you feel. You're not alone girl. I'm with ya.

Love the seeing your vajay comment. Hilarious! Personally, I can't wait to not be in pain from being too big. Or, sweating & breathing heavily going up or down the stairs.

To get my period back on track once again.

I want to walk without a waddle, in the worst way!!!

I want to once in my life NOT feel resentment when my size 0-2 friends show me their new clothes that they bought at stores that don't carry sizes big enough for me. I should be happy for them, but it hurts.

I want to wear all the things skinny girls wear and feel like a CHAMP! Haha including boots that never fit my calves before.

I want to run at least a 5k

I want my family to quit dwelling on my weight

I want to quit dwelling on my weight!

I want to be happy.

Love this thread. My goals are something like skydive, more tattoos, run a half marathon, pin up shoot. I'd love to do something crazy like hike the grand canyon rim to rim (22 miles down, across and back up) just because it sounds totally impossible right now.