Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

It is a little overwhelming right now to wade through all the trip stuff, especially for newbies and even for those not able to attend.

It might be good next year to set up a separate thread for those going on the trip to make and confirm all arrangements. This thread could keep inviting people and giving some details.

However, its dealing with life that often gets us into the food, so putting our issues out there on a daily basis, our struggles, our triumphs, etc., helps us stay out of the food.

I'm struggling right now. I was afraid the maintenance stage would bring that and it has. All I want is sugar and chocolate. Not gaining yet but it can't be far behind if I can't get on top of this.

However, I have been on a spiritual high the past few days even though I'm struggling with the food. Go figure. We did this amazing song on Sunday called Revelation Song. You can see it on Youtube. Amazing. I saw two sunrises while listening to the song that were amazing. The first had a rainbow to the right of the sunrise. I've never seen a rainbow on the same side as the sun and never at sunrise. I was on my way to choir practice before church, listening to Revelation Song as practice before the practice.

The next sunrise was the next morning on my way to school. A straight up and down shaft of tangerine light rose directly from the rising sun like a finger pointing straight up to God out of a mango-papaya horizon.

Part of the Revelation Song says: clothed in rainbows of living color and goes on Holy Holy is He.

Man! I couldn't stop praising Him or listening to that song. Finally moved my CD off repeat today. There are other songs out there but I'm still waking up with that one in my head and singing it while I walk around the school exercising. Wow!

Cheri

Apples, if MN is chosen for next year I would drive up. That would give us another car. It is probaly about 9 hrs for me not to much beyond where my daughter is now. I know my Mom loved Duluth when my DB lived there.

I've been babying my dashound Isaac. Had to take him to the vet, was prepared to put him down but we are trying steriods first. He ruptured a disc in his back and he could not stand or walk. He can stand & walk for about 2 feet today and is finally eating and drinking a bit. I will not see him suffer but am going with this for awhile. First thing vet said was send him a neurologist which would cost $5000-$7000. ugh not going to happen.

Yes I am envious but so excited for all of you that get to meet. Have a great time and I can't wait to see all your pics.

Take care all.

Laura K

I for one am sorry to have posted so much about this trip on here, but yet I feel it is very much a part of what has happened here. Many of us have become good friends and are excited to meet, and others seemed excited about it as well even though they aren't able to come and want to see the pics and hear about it or so I thought.

On that note, this will probably be my last post before I leave, I have guests coming over shortly and then gotta leave for the airport!! YAHOO!!

My flight has been cancelled !!!

Weather in dallas - snow !!!!

Wtf !!!! What do i do now...

I enjoy the excitement and the love flying amongst all of you and I truly wish I could be there. Apples, your anticipation causing you to hyperventilate made me choke up. Wasn't sure if I was laughing or crying.

But some of the arrangements between those going as far as airlines, condos, who's picking up whom and when, those things could maybe be handled on a separate thread or by e-mail.

I look forword to reports and pictures.

Cheri

It is a little overwhelming right now to wade through all the trip stuff, especially for newbies and even for those not able to attend.

It might be good next year to set up a separate thread for those going on the trip to make and confirm all arrangements. This thread could keep inviting people and giving some details.

However, its dealing with life that often gets us into the food, so putting our issues out there on a daily basis, our struggles, our triumphs, etc., helps us stay out of the food.

I'm struggling right now. I was afraid the maintenance stage would bring that and it has. All I want is sugar and chocolate. Not gaining yet but it can't be far behind if I can't get on top of this.

However, I have been on a spiritual high the past few days even though I'm struggling with the food. Go figure. We did this amazing song on Sunday called Revelation Song. You can see it on Youtube. Amazing. I saw two sunrises while listening to the song that were amazing. The first had a rainbow to the right of the sunrise. I've never seen a rainbow on the same side as the sun and never at sunrise. I was on my way to choir practice before church, listening to Revelation Song as practice before the practice.

The next sunrise was the next morning on my way to school. A straight up and down shaft of tangerine light rose directly from the rising sun like a finger pointing straight up to God out of a mango-papaya horizon.

Part of the Revelation Song says: clothed in rainbows of living color and goes on Holy Holy is He.

Man! I couldn't stop praising Him or listening to that song. Finally moved my CD off repeat today. There are other songs out there but I'm still waking up with that one in my head and singing it while I walk around the school exercising. Wow!

Cheri

omg that is so amazing....to wake up to a Revelation song and see a rainbow at the same time...two days in a row..it must be a really good sign! Isnt it great when we can keep a good feeling from morning through the day.....

thanks...youve lifted my spirits with that anectode....

btw..I dont mind hearing about the trip you are all taking...Im excited for you all..youve worked hard for the last year and developed some really important friendships along the way....whom are very supportive...I am happy reading about how excitied you are all and so im happy for you all....I like it! thats just me!

omg that is so amazing....to wake up to a Revelation song and see a rainbow at the same time...two days in a row..it must be a really good sign! Isnt it great when we can keep a good feeling from morning through the day.....

thanks...youve lifted my spirits with that anectode....

btw..I dont mind hearing about the trip you are all taking...Im excited for you all..youve worked hard for the last year and developed some really important friendships along the way....whom are very supportive...I am happy reading about how excitied you are all and so im happy for you all....I like it! thats just me!

Oh Jodi..aren't you just the sweetest thing...I swear you have a way about you...you see the good...I love that about you

I will be arriving thursday nite real late. So I will probably meet up with yall on Friday morning. My husband is coming but my Son is staying with my inlaws. We are debating right now on riding the motorcycle. I didn't want to bring it up so I was waiting for my husband to realize it might not be the best riding weather. We have been in worse but didn't really enjoy ourselves.

I wore my new jeans to school today. Also pulled out a shirt I outgrew. It felt kinda akward not being hidden behind my baggy clothes. I am starting to see my curves again instead of just being a big circle. It sure did feel good though looking in the mirror knowing I am gonna be thin again.

omg...you go girl!!! Good for you! I am so happy for you!

I am to freaking excited to work !!!!!

Jodi - OK GF Vegas is out :0) We want you to come :0)

its okay....if all everyone wants to go...thats okay..by next year....who knows I could meet someone else by then and not even remember the guy in Vegas....name...(dought it) lol If I still feel the same...ill just be hyper ventilating the whole time and looking over my shoulder terrified!!

Julie - I will ck my bag curbside when I get to the airport at 5:30 tomorrow morning.. I have to pay $25 to ck - thats stupid - they better not lose the sucker if I gotta pay them..

You can only print roundtrip if you are returning less thant 24 hrs - like business pple who travel and come back the same day - it must have to do w/security (Do you know why Great) - Since we don't have a printer at the resort - we won't be able to ck in online - we will have to ck in at a kiosk (sp)..

Laura - I'll get your butt in the gym w/me on Friday & Saturday mornings - will help you get a little closer to your goal ;0) !!!

Your DH is too sweet :0) 1!!!

Well lunch time - salad today ;0)

CBl

Cheri, I'm sorry you are struggling with your sugar and chocolate... I am doing that, too, with the sugar... I just crave it..... I'm just not eating on point much at all these days... Had cauliflower Soup twice today and about 3 cookies... Not a good food day, but also not over calories.... Just no Protein to speak of.... Gotta get something good going or I'll be gaining, too...

Lori, stay cool..... see you soon....

Let's hope Janet gets things straightened out...

Am not setting up a separate thread for trip info - if pple don't want to wade threw our trip discussions - so be it - This is trip is a big part of us - If someone doesn't want to read about it - but wants help they can skip the travel discussion and ask for help.

Look at Joyce who's going to be banded 2/22 - she sure wanted to join us - hell her 1st post was I wanta come too- look at all the other newbies too ....

Hell they can see that this is a great thread - they can see that we support each other and have become great friends -

Cheri you haven't been here that long but when I lost my Bro in 10/08 - These ladies were here for me - I had more support from my I'm here to help sisters than I did for my own family

Yes we are social - heck look at your post - it's not all band related - seeing sunrises and rainbows - what that got to do with the price to tea in china (our bands)

So if pple don't like our social network - then they don't have to join the thread - but that being said - they are going to miss out on a lot of good info from experienced banders and losing the chance to make great friendships...

need help!!! I had a fill on 01/09/10 I was doing fine until last Saturday. It seems that I may have something stuck just don't know what!!! It even hurts when I drink liquids. I keep PBing and sliming; so tried of this!!!! :thumbup: I don't want an unfill. Please if anyone has any advice on how to fix this I'd truly appreciate it!!!!

Well It looks like I am not coming to Florida

American doesn't have any other flights on Friday they are all booked - could get one out of Los Angeles on Friday - but wouldn't get to FL til Sat morning - and turn around and leave Sunday - and all the other airlines prices on short notice are $1200+

Hate to tell you this but Eva was suppose to be on the same flight as me - So I don't know if she's going to make it or not ..

I am so upset right now...

need help!!! I had a fill on 01/09/10 I was doing fine until last Saturday. It seems that I may have something stuck just don't know what!!! It even hurts when I drink liquids. I keep PBing and sliming; so tried of this!!!! :thumbup: I don't want an unfill. Please if anyone has any advice on how to fix this I'd truly appreciate it!!!!

Kdee...so sorry to hear of your troubles...don't panic though. Just get ahold of your doc's office. Sounds like you are a little overfilled. Might just need a tweak of an unfill. You are most likely irritated and your system needs a rest. Getting an unfill does not mean taking all of your fill away...just a little might do the trick...

Call your doc A.S.A.P. in the morning...or...tonight if you are not getting fluids...

Let us know how things are going. Take care

kdee, I'm sorry you are feeling so bad..... I don't know what to tell you except to call your doctor... It certainly isn't good for you to keep PBing all the time... Have you put yourself on straight liquids without any solids at all? Maybe you are just so irritated now that you need time to heal... I'd try the liquids and if not better real soon, call the doc.... Good luck to you....