Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks Judy...... I know you are right.... and I just colored my hair, too........

Laura, how is the little guy adjusting to no cast now??? Did he get over missing it?? Kids......... Looking forward to meeting him..... And yes, I'm bringing my suit... a nice dip in the hot-tub if not the pool, sounds great.... from the pictures it looks like there are steps into the pool... I so miss my Water aerobics but have to pull myself out of the pool and docs won't let me yet.... so I'm ready to get wet if possible..... Maybe I'll swim while you guys shop!!!!!! or not!!!!! TA TA

Julie, glad you are checking your bag, I was concerned about your shoulder and lifting your bag over your head to the overhead bin, sometimes you can get someone to help you but many times not.

I just tried cramming a bunch of stuff in a carry on and it's not going to work if I want room for bargains I could find shopping. LOL I can't believe I started packing already, shows how anxious I am. I never pack in advance! So for you FL experts, is white acceptable year round there? Am trying to decide on what pants to pack, I have jeans and denim capris so want to go with something else that I could also wear to dinner. I have some black dress pants but didn't know if I wnated to bring dressy just for one night so thought more casual but not jeans for dinner.

It's still snowing here, glad I cancelled with Grandma today, don't want to risk her slipping on the ice. i hear the roads are pretty bad too, it's supposed to stop by noon. I need some things at the store and am debating when to head out if it's supposed to stop I might as well wait I guess give the plows some time to clear the roads, I gotta take some country roads north to the stores my community is too new and we have no close by stores.

Morning to everyone! We are having an extremely slow day at work. With all the rain out west, snow in the middle and eastern parts of the country things are pretty quiet. I have all my follow up work caught up and truly after that, if the phone doesn't ring there isn't much to do. During our busy time we are so super busy so it's nice not to have the phones ringing off the wall, but it sure makes it rather boring to be here and the day takes FOREVER to pass.

Julie, wise decision to check your bag - I would never ever try to lift a bag into the overheads -- I can barely pick them up off the baggage go around thingie. DH does all that. I can roll it and that's about that. Please be careful of your shoulder -- you don't want to be in pain all weekend.

Judy and NYSparkle -- you guys are great to share your religion with us -- I haven't had many Jewish friends so am pretty unfamiliar with all of it but have always wanted to know more. I think it sounds wonderful and moving. Most other religions have gotten so "modern" -- and I think going back to more basics would be nice - I miss not dressing up for church, etc. I really do - it was always nice to dress up and go to church and go visiting afterwards -- very special memories.

I agree all the SB commercials sucked -- except the Betty White one was kinda cute - she's cute anyway -- love her -- and the Dorito one with the dog was cute and the only other one I liked was the Clydsdale one -- I always like those -- thank goodness for TIVO -- if they started out looking stupid I just fast forwarded right through them - we started watching about 1/2 hour late so we could do that. Yes, the Who looked sort of ridiculous I thought -- really OLD looking -- lol. The kids said, "Lala, they are a lot older than you" - not really - maybe a couple of years, but I took that as a compliment. LOL. Take it any way I can get it.

Glad the Saints won though - at least New Orleans has something to Celebrate - and it's long overdue. I probably never mentioned this before but DH and I were in New Orleans for a week just before Katrina hit - we missed it by just a few days - we were very lucky.

So busy yesterday, did 105 mins. of walking and walking with weights -- then ate, showered and shopped -- we have a nice dollar store that carries great things and I spent about an hour in there just finding goodies - lots of cute decorations for Easter, V-Day presents for GD, etc. Then spent another hour or so shopping at Walmart. Then went home and made a casserole, broccoli salad, dip, a cake for kids and DH. DSS had a friend over to watch the game and eat too. It was nice -- I ate my own food.

Janet, so happy your visit with DS and family went well -- my DS sent my DB a letter of apology over Christmas and we are all planning our week of "togetherness" at my neice's wedding in July. I'm very happy about this -- my DB is not in good health and I was so tired of being in the middle and visiting them separately -- very stressful for me. Our family is not that big so that was hurtful -- six years of that crap - so glad it is over. DB and I are planning on renting a condo together for the week --will be fun -- we love the beach and we all love to eat seafood. Looking forward to it.

Okay, I'm really feeling left out and wishing I could be with you guys -- I'll be with you all in spirit - you better post lots and lots and lots of pictures. I mean it! I'm happy for all of you that can go and looking forward to meeting you all next year.

Well, better get back to looking like I'm working. CBL. Linda

Good Morning! Yes, back from Mexico cruise as of Saturday morning. Been trying to catch up ever since. Tried to read your whole week of posts, but didn't make it through all of it! You are SO busy!! LOL!

Cruise was great but weather not so much. Rained in Mazatlan and POURED in Puerto Vallarta. That was our longest in port day. I'd scheduled a 4 hr city sights tour for morning and it was just drizzling a little off and on then so we were able to get off the bus several times and walk around for a while.... along the beach, city square, Lady of Guadalupe church. But... cruise director said it would clear up aroud noon and 80 degrees! Yeah, right! Around noon it started POURING! and it never let up much the rest of the day. Brief respites of lighter rain. So we took our umbrella, poncho, rain jacket and ventured across the street to Super Walmart! Not exactly what I'd planned for the rest of the day, but I wasn't about to spend the rest of the day on the ship! There was a mall next to that, but we didn't make it. Just raining too hard to venture any further.

We had two days at sea after that and they were fairly decent. But it started raining the last night, rained all night, boat was rocking, pool Water sloshed all over the pool deck, and it didn't stop raining until about the time we docked. Started raining hard again as we drove back to Desert Hot Springs and continued most of the day!

Sore throat started yesterday and feeling pretty yucky today. No water aerobics. Have to rest up for flight to Seattle tomorrow morning... 5 day quick visit home.

I need another day :0) I am pooped and I slept til 9 yesterday morning - napped during the 1st quarter of the superbowl - The Who - were terrible - the half time show was horrible - they can't even sing - I like the commerical where the little boy told his mom's date leave my dorito and my mama alone :0) - I watched it (superbowl) with 1 eye ;0) rooting for Saints - but didn't pay super attention..

Great - I'm bringing black jeans for Moonfish - 2 outfits for friday 1 for saturday and I will most likely come home in the clothes I wore on Thrusday so that's 4 outfits need room for shopping..

Well just quick ck in back to work - but I could sleep right now :0)

Right, Janet, I forgot about that commercial -- liked that one as well. Great pics Phyll -- you and Earl look so happy and relaxed -- you look fabulous!

I ventured out in the snow to the grocery store, roads weren't bad. It's slowly stopping now for awhile the sun was shining and it was snowing at the same time. My exercise was shovelling the driveway and sidewalk, also made a path on the patio out back for the dogs so they don't bring in so much snow with them.

Phyl, what ship were you on? Too bad you had such bad weather. I love to stay on the ship and sometimes even skip some ports, but with bad weather that wouldn't have been so great as I usually am on the deck by the pool. Great photos! I wish that was a flight to Orlando you were catching!

Welcome back Phyll.... great pictures.. you guys look happy....

Lori, I was wondering the same thing about kackie (I know I spelled that wrong, nothing looks right...) I think I'm going to throw in a pair of those light pants as all my other ones that fit are winter pants.... Hope I don't look dorky!!!!! Your bring your white ones and we'll be in good company....

I just finished baby shower invitations for one I'm giving for my new little great nephew on the 27th... Now have to do a bunch of work for my 40th class reunion for this summer... Don't know why I get all that work but I always do.... Mimi is napping so I can get some done now... Bye.... Julie

Phyl, wonderful pics of you and DH. Kinda sucks about the weather. I would be so upset if it rained on my trip.

All you ladies heading for FL are getting so excited.

Linda it will be you and I bumming but we have next year to look forward to.

I think my fav commercial was the little boy and the doritos. Most were lame. My DS had his GF and buddy over we played euchre and had munchies. Made stuff I could eat also and they had other stuff too.

Janet glad you had a good time with your sister.

It is really neat learning about the jewish faith. I don't know anyone that is jewish nor have ever learned anything about it. Keep up the lesssons ladies.

Julie glad you were able to sleep sounds like the pt is working.

Take care.

Laura K

White pants--no problem. Sandals, even if it is cold, no problem. CASUAL is the name of the game in FL.

The only problem here is you have to eat dinner at 4--early bird special.

Just kidding.....altho.......

Here in the Desert you know who the snowbird are in the winter - they are the ones in sandals & shorts - while the rest of us have long pants - sweaters and closed in shoes when it's in the 60's & 70's :l)

Weather for this weekend isn't fab - chance of rain on Friday.. Weather suppose to be 60's and I think one day 59 so be prepared..

I'm not packing my fluffy robe - so will be packing sweats :0)

Julie my 40th Class reunion will be 2013 (graduated 73) we didn't have a 30th - so I most likely will be on the 40 committie - alot of pple want to have one - but no one wants to do the work..

Still pooped - and I have gym tonite... coffee here I come..

Welcome back Phyll. Great pics. You look like you were having a great time.

:lol::cursing::thumbup::cursing::blush::crying::crying::crying:

Ok Fl group now it is time to say I can't come.

I am so sad and angry that now I can't go to Fl. I cryed so hard yesterday and today I tried to post this 3 times but canceled it hoping things would change.

I really wanted to go so badly I have been planning on it and then everything has been going wrong for the past month. But then somehow I always manage to find a way around the problem. Fiest I was driving to Fl and my mom was going but she bailed on me. So then my best friend was going and she missed a whole week of work due to the flu last week so she bailed (not her fault I know). So then I was going with my sister's boyfirend but that did not work out. Next attempt I was going to fly and my sister in law was giving me her miles but an emergency happened and she needed them to fly somewere fast at least that is what she told me yesterday. But I was still okay because I figured that I could just drive myself even though my hubby did not like the idea.Then late last night the nail in the coffin so to speak my husbands van blew a head and the money I had for the trip flew away. We have to buy another car or another engine.

This freakin sucks I want to go so very badly but can't. I am trying not to be a little kid about it but aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

As I am typing I am crying I wanted to meet you all so badly you have all helped me so much through my journey I wanted to give hugs and say thanks and just hang and chat with you guys.:):girl_hug:

I hope I can go on the next trip I guess I will start saving money now.

Again I am so very sorry everyone. My husband is upset to because their is nothing he can do to make me feel better. He said he wanted to do something with me for Valentines day but I don't want to do anything but pout.

1 day--RATS! I was looking forward to meeting another GA gal (formerly from). When we are together this weekend, we promise not to have any fun until you can join us next time.

Sorry. :-(

1Day, I was so worried you were going to cancel. I am so sorry that you aren't going to be able to come, I was looking forward to it.