Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Guess what I got in my email this morning?? A COACH COUPON!! I printed it and am bringing it along.

I am going back for the first time since my knee surgery to volunteer at the hospital today so life is returning to normal for me, well except for my job but I am not really missing it!

I got to thinking... I want a coupon, and so I found this link:

COACH FACTORY OFFER

And it gave a 20% off coupon. Is yours also for 20%?

I was freaking out a little b/c DH bought the new laptop and my heart sunk thinking that I wouldn't be getting my bag. He then said, we need the computer for US... but you still need your coach bag for YOU! awwwww

Wishing everyone a VERY safe trip!!! Will see you guys tomorrow!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!

I don't even feel like typing much here.. feel like saving it! haha.

If anyone needs me to get anything for them (that they forgot to buy or can't carry with them), let me know. I will still have the morning to grab some things. I know Apples has WAY thought of everything! THANKS APPLES!

Going to my support group tonight. I have missed the last two months. I also made my one year appt! wow, time flies!!! I was hoping to get 100 off. Not sure I can do that, but I will be close.

CBL girls! peasout.. Laura

I will be arriving thursday nite real late. So I will probably meet up with yall on Friday morning. My husband is coming but my Son is staying with my inlaws. We are debating right now on riding the motorcycle. I didn't want to bring it up so I was waiting for my husband to realize it might not be the best riding weather. We have been in worse but didn't really enjoy ourselves.

I wore my new jeans to school today. Also pulled out a shirt I outgrew. It felt kinda akward not being hidden behind my baggy clothes. I am starting to see my curves again instead of just being a big circle. It sure did feel good though looking in the mirror knowing I am gonna be thin again.

Well, I'm feeling proud of myself... I printed my boarding passes and paid for checking my bag.... So, I think that part is all ready to go... my bag is mostly packed except for little last minute things... Gotta do my carry on with mostly "purse" stuff in it.... a book and my requirements for my neck during flight... Have a neck magnet and a hot pack thing that I might need for the longer portion of the trip... So, I'm feeling like I've got things under control.... Janet, you answered a question for me about the boarding passes... You must just have to wait and get the return flight ones at the airport...... I was wondering why they didn't print....

Anyway, better go spend some time with my Mimi and DH...... I'm feeling so sorry for those of you that want to be going and can't..... It is exciting to think of meeting these wonderful friends in person... and I wish you all were included... Jodi, your input is important, too.... for next time... glad you spoke up.....

TTYL............. Julie

I am to freaking excited to work !!!!!

Jodi - OK GF Vegas is out :0) We want you to come :0)

Julie - I will ck my bag curbside when I get to the airport at 5:30 tomorrow morning.. I have to pay $25 to ck - thats stupid - they better not lose the sucker if I gotta pay them..

You can only print roundtrip if you are returning less thant 24 hrs - like business pple who travel and come back the same day - it must have to do w/security (Do you know why Great) - Since we don't have a printer at the resort - we won't be able to ck in online - we will have to ck in at a kiosk (sp)..

Laura - I'll get your butt in the gym w/me on Friday & Saturday mornings - will help you get a little closer to your goal ;0) !!!

Your DH is too sweet :0) 1!!!

Well lunch time - salad today ;0)

CBl

I am too excited to study. But I have an exam tommorrow so I gotta quit thinking about it long enough to get this info to stick in my brain. I still need to pack. Don't even know what I am gonna bring cause I don't really know what fits anymore. Gotta pack for hubby too. Men, why can't he remember to pack socks and underwear. lol. Well I go too much to do so I will SEE ya'll later.

I am 5 weeks post op. Had my 1st fill nothing changed could still eat anything. Had my 2nd fill on 2/2. Here's my dilemma. I am having trouble eating most stuff. I'm trying to determine the difference between being stuck and having restriction.

So, at first bite of chicken (size of dime chewed a lot) I am still getting stuck. So obviously this does not mean restriction because it's my first bite. So in my trial and error testing I found I could eat Chili. So last night I wanted to see if I ate a cup of chili would I get full. I didn't. It seemed as though I could have eaten three cups.

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat anything. I don't really pb at all it just gets stuck and I sit here freaking out and then after a couple of minutes it passes and I can eat again. I feel like at this rate I can only most mushy/softer stuff but I have no restriction.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

You have restriction - your new full is diff than your old full...

Chili would be considered a slider (mushie food slides right on thru the band)

That's why we are suppose to eat hard Protein 1st - I can barely finish 4 oz of meat - I feel fullness in my stomach - but I am not satisfied in my head - this is were the work comes in - realizing the diff in your new full verse your old full

I don't think you need another fill - if it's taking you an hour to eat a piece of chicken - again chicken can be hard for alot of banders - I don't have a problem as long as I eat slowly take tiny bites and chew well - the only thing I have trouble with is stringy meats - I eat pork - good steak - fish & chicken - shrimp and scallops - I always eat my protein first - then veggies and then starch if any room left - and lately there hasn't been - I am full

That being said - being physically full and satisfied are not the same things - I'm 2.5 yrs out and I still have trouble with this - I will be full but still want to eat.. It's a learning process..

I am home from the hospital and now just have to figure out my liquids and toilitries and what I am wearing on the plane tonight and I am ready! Can't wait. Not sure if I am going to take my laptop or not. I'd like to so I can check my flights for my return trip. Do you know if there's a computer at the resort we can use??

Also, most hotels have hairdryers, Shampoo, etc. I am assuming that is the case here? I haven't packed that stuff. If not I will have the 'natural look' on my hair. LOL

Would Vegas work if we stayed at a different hotel??

Linda, I watched Biggest Loser, I didn't get that impression that Melissa gained on purpose. In fact, it actually made me believe that possibly her last gain was real as well. I didn't like the comment she made about her husband but I wonder how much was edited out or taken out of context, possibly he has other issues??? who knows, I was really hoping the green lady would go, I don't care for her though she's been better since her daughter went home.

OK gotta go check what is in my bag one more time!!

Also FL gals I forwarded everyone a copy of my Coach coupon.

I am home from the hospital and now just have to figure out my liquids and toilitries and what I am wearing on the plane tonight and I am ready! Can't wait. Not sure if I am going to take my laptop or not. I'd like to so I can check my flights for my return trip. Do you know if there's a computer at the resort we can use??

Also, most hotels have hairdryers, Shampoo, etc. I am assuming that is the case here? I haven't packed that stuff. If not I will have the 'natural look' on my hair. LOL

Would Vegas work if we stayed at a different hotel??

Linda, I watched Biggest Loser, I didn't get that impression that Melissa gained on purpose. In fact, it actually made me believe that possibly her last gain was real as well. I didn't like the comment she made about her husband but I wonder how much was edited out or taken out of context, possibly he has other issues??? who knows, I was really hoping the green lady would go, I don't care for her though she's been better since her daughter went home.

OK gotta go check what is in my bag one more time!!

Also FL gals I forwarded everyone a copy of my Coach coupon.

• Free scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal Studios and SeaWorld
  • Free wired hi-speed internet access in all rooms
  • Large Screen TV in living room
  • 27" TV in master bedroom
  • 20" TV in kids bedroom
  • All bathrooms have built-in hair dryers, lighted makeup mirrors, tile floors, and granite countertops
  • Kitchen has full size refrigerator, garbage disposal, granite counter tops, dishwasher, full oven, and microwave oven
  • Washer/ Dryer in each unit.
  • Full service spa

• Individually controlled air conditioning and heat
  • Jacuzzi tubs and walk in showers in master bedrooms
  • Sleeper sofas
  • Alarm clock radios in all bedrooms
  • Heated Pool, hot tub
  • Fully staffed Resort with 24 hour services
  • On-site housekeeping & maintenance
  • State of the art fitness center
  • Convenience store
  • Restaurant & Bar - Now Open for lunch & Dinner
  • Pizza Hut Express - Now Open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
  • **No Pets Allowed

Barbados.gif

I love to travel, so I can explain, boarding passes can only be printed 24 hours prior to flight.

I'll be banded 2-22-2010 and wrote a previous message expressing that I hope to be invited to join you ladies for your trip next year. Looks like such a caring, supportive group of ladies/banders. Have a marvelous trip.

Joyce in Kansas City

Well, I'm feeling proud of myself... I printed my boarding passes and paid for checking my bag.... So, I think that part is all ready to go... my bag is mostly packed except for little last minute things... Gotta do my carry on with mostly "purse" stuff in it.... a book and my requirements for my neck during flight... Have a neck magnet and a hot pack thing that I might need for the longer portion of the trip... So, I'm feeling like I've got things under control.... Janet, you answered a question for me about the boarding passes... You must just have to wait and get the return flight ones at the airport...... I was wondering why they didn't print....

Anyway, better go spend some time with my Mimi and DH...... I'm feeling so sorry for those of you that want to be going and can't..... It is exciting to think of meeting these wonderful friends in person... and I wish you all were included... Jodi, your input is important, too.... for next time... glad you spoke up.....

TTYL............. Julie

OH NO!! my flights are filling up fast! I think it's all the stranded folks back east getting rebooked. I gotta sortta hope that they stay messed up til I arrive tomorrow so that my seats open up! Sorry east coast gals stranded in snow!

Apples, I will call you and leave you a voice mail if I get stranded if you d on't answer. I hope calling like 7am isn't too early if I get stuck.

Boarding passes, can't be done more than 24 hours out, used to be security issues too but so much of that has changed since I worked at the airport.

Joyce....I remember a couple of years ago being on a different thread and a bunch of the girls were going to meet...I was new and looked forward to some day meeting other lapbanders. Welcome and I am looking forward to getting to know you. You just have to jump right in. (Like we all did). And, mayber you can meet up with us on our next meet.

OK Gang...I have an idea. You would all be welcome at my place in MN for our next meet, but, I have a better suggestion. How about Duluth? It is absolutely beautiful. I could pick up at least 4 at the MPLS airport and most likely, one care would need to be rented. Just an idea.

Have a paper bag on my face....hyperventilating cuz I'm so excited. I'm packed (overpacked...you gotta know me) and ready to head out the door but just gotta wait a few hours. DH was pushing me to try to get in resort yesterday or today and hit the spa just to pamper myself. He's the type of husband that most dream about. He would do most anything for me.

OK...just going to say this again...wish you all could make it and I just know how tough it is to look on this thread and see the rest of us sooooo excited to meet each other. I could just cry...that's how bad I feel about it.. But, we will not leave you all out of it...we will give a blow by blow. You will all be with us in our hearts. Love ya all!

Lori..see you at 10am...will give you a call when I get to the airport. See the rest of you when you get to the condos. Hyperventilating again.......

OH NO!! my flights are filling up fast! I think it's all the stra, nded folks back east getting rebooked. I gotta sortta hope that they stay messed up til I arrive tomorrow so that my seats open up! Sorry east coast gals stranded in snow!

Apples, I will call you and leave you a voice mail if I get stranded if you d on't answer. I hope calling like 7am isn't too early if I get stuck.

Boarding passes, can't be done more than 24 hours out, used to be security issues too but so much of that has changed since I worked at the airport.

Lori...calm down...stick your head in a paper bag and breath....I will be leaving here, no matter what, about 6-7am. If you get stranded and are late, it does not matter. Just remember, I have no phone service, so leave me a voice mail or text me and I will be able to answer you once I am on the road for about 30 minutes. I am a VERY flexible person and will be available no matter what time you get in...or anyone else for that matter.

I will check this thread or email up until the time I go to bed at 11pm and also in the morning. No worries....

I love to travel, so I can explain, boarding passes can only be printed 24 hours prior to flight.

I'll be banded 2-22-2010 and wrote a previous message expressing that I hope to be invited to join you ladies for your trip next year. Looks like such a caring, supportive group of ladies/banders. Have a marvelous trip.

Joyce in Kansas City

Joyce - Here's your official invitation for next years get together....

We are all really excited about meeting each other !!!

Congrats on your date !!! We are a great group and we are all here for you..

Well I gotta jam - gym tonite - cbl - hugs !!!