Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Octillo,

I do believe it will have differnt questions but now I know where I am weak. I thought I was strong in math but I haven't used in in so long. I can rock out a calculator but they don't allow them on the test. Plus I have a differnt strategy now. I will skip all the math questions and come to them later that way I will have the others answered atleast. They have the math mixed with other questions.

My nephew is doing good. Haven't heard much from them we are just waiting on his psyc eval. Thanks for asking.

I think after the baby is born my SIL won't be so crazy. It is due anytime. I hope she doesn't get postpardum depression and try this again. I would love to have him but would rather he not go through this.

Hi Deb, I sorry to hear you aren't doing so well....but sometimes talking about it helps and that's what we are here for. We all have really tough times and it helps to share sometimes. You can always PM one of us if you don't want to vent in public. We wish you could join us too.

Janet, glad to hear the visit is going well. It's good when family can get along. I don't think it happens a lot actually. No, it isn't raining here..I hear it might Monday or Tuesday. We'll see.

1day...I'm going to Ft. Meyers on Sunday when everyone else is flying home. My brother lives there. What day are you driving down?

I just got through with my aero pilates workout. Still can't do the entire workout, but I do more every time. I like it. I like it better than regular pilates...it has a padded platform to lay on...better than the carpet.

I went through my undies drawer...my I have a lot of stuff in there that I haven't really seen for a while. I just threw out several pairs of undies and a couple of bras. I found another pile of undies I forgot I had. I think they fit now and they are basically new, so I now have a new stash of panties. I also bought a new set in a smaller size because my old ones are sliding in the wrong direction.

I'm going through my photos to find some to bring to FL...oh my, I haven't seen some of these for years. Just too cool. I've scanned a couple and sent them off to my old high school friends.

Okay...more putzing to do.

Jessica...at least you will know how to handle the next test. I'm terrible at taking tests anymore. I think it got worse the longer I was in school.

Laura, glad Nels got his cast off. Oh boy, dirt and frogs...something to look forward to.

Apples, glad you are having such a good time!!

Hi everyone! I guess I got lost for almost a month!

Hope you are all well and happy and working that band! I am back on track after a lousy 6 months. Too tight! I got an unfill--went on a cruise and enjoyed myself--two days after I got back--FILL! And one week later, MORE fill (1st gave me no restriction). I am seeing results, but more to go. This is a lifetime disease with no cure--but I can do my best to "manage" it.

SO--the FL trip is this week! I am still planning on joining you gals for a night. I think you go on Thurs. I may be able to come on Friday. Is there room for me or should I bring a blowup bed? And how much will I need to contribute? I will be bringing my car, so we can go out if we want to. (an appetizer can last me 3 meals!)

Someone send me the where and when....please.

Missed you...judyfromFL

Hi Judy, Yep, we start showing up on Thursday. Yes, there is room for you. It's the Buena Vista Lake Resort, I think...I'm not driving, so I'm leaving it up to the local people. I'm sure they will catch you up when they check the thread.

See you soon.

Eva

JbFLorida here is the info,

If anyone read my previous post, disregard. I deleted it. I had written previous to checking out Laura's recommendation.

Here's the deal for all of you Florida Bound Bandsters. Laura and her family have stayed here so that should be enough of a recommendation.

Lake Buena Vista Resort...looks to me like it has what we need and want and at a good rate. (Thanks Laura...see...you did come through for us!)

2 bedroom condo: $118/night

3 bedroom condo: $129/night

Looks to me by the number going, if we rented 2 condos we would have plenty of space since there are sofa sleepers and I honestly would not mind grabbing one cuz I don't have difficulty sleeping and then I would be the center of attention cuz I would be in the living space and everyone would HAVE to talk to me while they are making my coffee and Breakfast.< /span>

Some of the amenities:

Fridge/freezer, teakettle, coffeemaker

Dishwasher, dishes, cutlery, pots/pans

Master bedroom with king bed, jacuzzi bath, shower, dual vanity, walk in closet, tv and clock radio

2nd bedroom with two twin beds, bathroom and tv

dining and living room with queen sofa bed and tv

iron and ironing board, hairdryer, in room safe

3 bedroom has all of the above amenities as listed for two bedroom suite. Plus, 3rd bedroom with two twin beds, bathroom and tv.

What do you guys think? I think it sounds great. Remember, I will be driving and so will Laura if she can come. I don't mind being the chauffer, D.D. or whatever. Also, if we want to stock the frig, I can make a stop at a Publix, liquor store or whatever on my way. All I need is to start a list.

I am sooooooooooo excited for this to happen. OK...let's vote on this and get a definate head count. Lori? Are you jumping on? I don't want you to feel guilty or left out but I know I, for one, really wants you to make it. You are such a huge part of all of us.

Let's go girls, I'm ready to push that reservation button...I have my finger on it!

I believe this is the website for it Directions to the Resort in Orlando

Hope you can make it. I am in Jacksonville where are you?

Good afternoon everyone!! Well, our snow was very slight -- never affected the driving conditions-- got about 3 or 4 inches but it took all day and temps stayed up in the 30s so it melted on the roads as it fell. No problem on the roads. Today it was supposed to snow again, but sunshiine all day -- I'll take it!! I got a recommendation from my manager yesterday to go to a restaurant called "Jethro's" -- it's the guy who played Jethro in Beverly Hillbellies -- came here and opened a restaurant (supposedly). But it was great -- good smoked meats (I had turkey) with a side of really delicious Beans (black, kidney and white all mixed in a yummy sauce) and applesauce. I actually ate 2 onion rings -- my DH had to order them and they truly may have been the best onion rings I've ever had. This is the first "fried" food I've had since December, 08 -- and I enjoyed them tremendously. I could only eat a few bites of my meal after eating those two onion rings, so will have it for tonight and possibly another meal too -- portion sizes very large and quite inexpensive. So if you ever go through Des Moines, . . . I recommend it. LOL.

DSD and DGD came early this a.m. so they watched me exercise. I mean it truly is not a spectator sport -- watching an old lady sweat. But they did and stayed until after 2.

Am really really wishing I could be with you all next week -- we should all meet in Vegas next -- maybe next spring? I'll be happy to help plan.

Well, gotta run and get dinner. Have a great night everyone -- Apples glad you're having a good time. Janet, so glad you and your company are all getting along and having a good time as well.

Deb, you WILL be fine -- did you check out the Beck diet at the library? I really really recommend it - I've only read a little bit, but that little bit is very helpful and I think it woud help you at this point. We know how it is -- so vent away, no problem. if I can do anything for you, just let me know. Sorry you couldn't go on your trip -- my DB said he got 28" at his house -- border of OH and PA. Really buried in snow.

Laura, I'm sure your parents will get over you're not being able to be there -- they gotta understand with Nelson's school and DH's job you have limitations -- and they have your sister there to help, but I know it's not the same. They will get over it I'm sure.

Very excited about the olympics. My company is doing a lot of the temporary lighting -- for things like the snowboarding venues, etc.

OneDay -- yes, you should have DS's boyfriend ride with you that would be ideal -- my mom used to live in Ft. Myers -- I miss going there.

Okay, gotta go for real now. Linda

I am 5 weeks post op. Had my 1st fill nothing changed could still eat anything. Had my 2nd fill on 2/2. Here's my dilemma. I am having trouble eating most stuff. I'm trying to determine the difference between being stuck and having restriction.

So, at first bite of chicken (size of dime chewed a lot) I am still getting stuck. So obviously this does not mean restriction because it's my first bite. So in my trial and error testing I found I could eat Chili. So last night I wanted to see if I ate a cup of chili would I get full. I didn't. It seemed as though I could have eaten three cups.

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat anything. I don't really pb at all it just gets stuck and I sit here freaking out and then after a couple of minutes it passes and I can eat again. I feel like at this rate I can only most mushy/softer stuff but I have no restriction.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Okay Fl trip gals - Now I should be flying my sons Aunt flys alot so she is supposed to be using her miles to get me plane flight. So if I need a pick up at the Airport what are the times people are getting picked up. Because my flight is a little over an hour. So it does not take me long to get there. Also what time is everyone leaving from the airport?

Also everyone flying into Orlando right?

Since I am the only one coming from my orginal group of two. There is an extra place to sleep in my condo.

Greetings from Glenwood Springs, having a great time. Spent part of the day in the hot spring pool in the snow. It was the weirdest thing to be swimming/sitting in this steamy hot Water and having your head getting covered in snow. Trying to keep up on the posts, but no time to reply to them all.

Jewel, I do not think that is the resort, I believe we later booked one called Toscana or something like that.

Curious, you've only been banded 5 weeks and you've had 2 fills? Wow! To me it sounds like you have too much restriction. If you can't eat a piece of chicken without getting stuck. Chili and mushier food like that will always go right through the band that is why you have no restriction with those type of foods. You need to focus on eating solid Proteins 1/2 to 1 cup portions and very small bites at a time. Without knowing more that's what it sounds like to me. Have you asked your fill nurse or doctor?

Okay Fl trip gals - Now I should be flying my sons Aunt flys alot so she is supposed to be using her miles to get me plane flight. So if I need a pick up at the Airport what are the times people are getting picked up. Because my flight is a little over an hour. So it does not take me long to get there. Also what time is everyone leaving from the airport?

Also everyone flying into Orlando right?

Since I am the only one coming from my orginal group of two. There is an extra place to sleep in my condo.

Melissa, we must've been posting at the same time. I am getting into Orlando hopefully at 830am, Apples is picking me up at 10am. Laura I believe is picking the rest up in the afternoon. I am pretty sure Janet and Eva get in about 4pm. Leaving on Sunday the 14th, Janet has a flight at 930am and I am planning on trying to leave at the same time or whoever is going to the airport earliest. I fly standby so go whenever there are empty seats. Hope that helps.

Melissa, we must've been posting at the same time. I am getting into Orlando hopefully at 830am, Apples is picking me up at 10am. Laura I believe is picking the rest up in the afternoon. I am pretty sure Janet and Eva get in about 4pm. Leaving on Sunday the 14th, Janet has a flight at 930am and I am planning on trying to leave at the same time or whoever is going to the airport earliest. I fly standby so go whenever there are empty seats. Hope that helps.

Great and Apples if I can get to the airport by ten can I get picked up too? I will try to get there by 9 then I can get my bag and stuff what do you think? I would love to get there earlier than later. If not then I can try to get in the same tiime Janet and Eva does if that works better.

Hello ladies. My name is Joyce & I'm 66 and live in Kansas City. I love to travel and will be banded on 2-22-2010.

I'm hoping that this next year I'll get to know all of you, and perhaps, be invited to join you next year on your retreat/vacation. :thumbup:

However, for this year, I'm sending best wishes for a marvelous trip to each an every one of you.

Joyce from Kansas City

I am 5 weeks post op. Had my 1st fill nothing changed could still eat anything. Had my 2nd fill on 2/2. Here's my dilemma. I am having trouble eating most stuff. I'm trying to determine the difference between being stuck and having restriction.

So, at first bite of chicken (size of dime chewed a lot) I am still getting stuck. So obviously this does not mean restriction because it's my first bite. So in my trial and error testing I found I could eat Chili. So last night I wanted to see if I ate a cup of chili would I get full. I didn't. It seemed as though I could have eaten three cups.

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat anything. I don't really pb at all it just gets stuck and I sit here freaking out and then after a couple of minutes it passes and I can eat again. I feel like at this rate I can only most mushy/softer stuff but I have no restriction.

If you are getting stuck on chicken every time...try eating some other type of Protein, fish, beef, pork..and same thing, small bites. The chillie is a slider food....it doesn't sit in the pouch at all, just slides through and yes, you don't feel full in the same way as before. It's learning how the band works and then working with it...not around it. You have to experiment with what works with you without eating around the band. If you get stuck...meaning pain, slime sometimes and PBing...because you ate too fast or didn't chew enough...you have restriction. You might want to check with your doctor too.

First bite syndrome is a sign of restriction. It'll likely go away if you lose a few lbs. The band will be looser. As everyone has said, chili is a slider and won't stay in your pouch and make you feel full. Try some other meats, or just do what you've been doing, ride out the initial pain and wait for the band to open up and then eat more. I didn't find it to be a bad thing. I just planned on it. Someone wrote to eat bites no bigger than a pencill eraser and to chew it well and wait before taking the next bite. But I did find that first bite syndrom goes away if you use it to help you lose some weight.

Hi all...thanks, Janet, for thinking of me. We had to postpone our trip east to Pittsburgh to visit family because of the huge snowstorm across Ohio and the east. Just didn't want to take any unncessary chances, and we can do it another time.

One reason I haven't been posting much is that I'm still in addiction hell; can't seem to stop myself. Today I already went off plan and it's only noon! So I'm just getting ready to get on the elliptical and do more time on it than I have before...I'm going to try for an hour, if possible. Then I have to go out and brave the snow and do some errands, run to the grocery store, etc. I'm in a funk and not very pleasant to be around and I just don't want to subject you all to my bad mood!! :thumbup: I need to start fresh, before this gets even more out of hand. I appreciate your encouragement. I know I need to do some of the OA things I've learned. I'm terrified I'm going to be a failure at this.

I think I need to start planning my food and writing it down beforehand, not just logging it afterwards to MyPlate.com. That way it'll give me more responsibility to stick to it. I'm even thinking of trying the 5-day pouch test to get back on track.

I envy you guys going to Florida!! It would be nice to just sit in the sun and warmth for a while. And visit with all of you, of course! I hope you have a great time there. Apples, it sounds like you are enjoying yourself. You deserve it to get away from the farm for a while.

Janet, I'm glad you enjoyed the visit with your sister. I have a step-sister that I'd to spend more time with, but she lives far away.

Peas, I hope your dad will start to feel better...and I hope you don't take it to much to heart that your parents seem a little miffed that you weren't there for the surgery. It's hard to figure out a way to do what you need to do AND try to be there for everyone. It's something I have to deal with about my mom's Parkinson's with her living far away. Hang in there.

We've all been there. Not posting about it is part of the disease. I've found out I can no longer have Skittles in the classroom for rewarding kids. My assistant was bringing it for special treats And I was leaving it alone but then I started supplying it for her which made me think I could eat it too since I'd paid for it, but now she's switched to Now & Laters which don't trigger me. Thank God.

In some ways, this tight band really makes me want to eat. Psychologically I fee like I'm not eating enough. Actually, I'm not eating enough at meals. Cause it takes so long to eat. But a mouthfull of Skittles goes through with no problem. Its getting better as I lose a couple lbs. I'm up and down on those last 3 lbs I lost after an evening of dancing. So they're dropping off slowly but surely. I want to build in a cushion so hopefully, I'll go on to lose a few more.

Also I think you wanted to know the name of my blog. It's

IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

You're going to be OK. Progress not perfection.

Cheri