Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Eva, I forgot to say congrats on the floor -- I'm afraid to try it -- haven't sat on the floor in like 4 or 5 years -- someday I'll get the nerve up. . .we'll see. linda

Ok I am back. The test only took me 2 hours. They told me it was a 3 hour test. In the first section I scored in the 82 percentile, in the second I scored in the 83 percentile and in the third I scored in the 93 percentile. Which means I did better than 93% of the other people who have taken the test. Looks like I have a good shot at getting in. I am gonna take it again to see if I can boost my score. They will look at the highest of the 2 scores. I am so excited. I can't believe I am actually doing this.

Bea

I keep a food journal - I keep my calories at anywhere between 900 to 1200 daily - If I want a treat (every now and then - like really once a month) I budget the treat in my calorie totals - So say I want 2 Cookies that are 200 calories - write them down and don't go over budget.

I am not a Atkins girl - I follow a WW type eating plan cuz I have to have my starches - I limit them - but usually have 1/2 c of rice for dinner nightly.

If you are hungry - eat extra veggies - this is where my WW training comes in - Veggies are the lowest in calories use I can't believe it's not butter spray) - so if I am still hungry after lunch or dinner - I eat an extra serving of veggies.

Your next fill hopefully will give you restriction but until then - you can make good food choices - keep your food low fat - sugar free and limited carbs - Write it down - read labels - know what a serving size is and how many calories are in that serving - 200 calories on cookies is a waste to me 99.9% of the time - I rather have a meal or something substantial to eat that is going to provide me with some nutrition and stick with me for more than 1 hour.

When I am hungry I look for distractions - I get on the computer - go clean out a drawer - Iron some clothes - clean the bathroom - and this usually helps too - LBT has become my transfer addiction :lol:

Also - are you exercising - if you have over eaten then you need to pay yourself back with some extra exercise to burn off those additional calories..

Hope I have helped - You can do this...

HELP PLEASE..I HAVE ASKED THE QUESTION MANY TIMES AND NO ONE HAS TOLD ME..HOW DO YOU START A THREAD..SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME..THANKS:cursing:

WTG Jessica -- very proud of you!! Linda

WEll the job thing was a bust today. She got called to help do some ultrasound training or something like that. So plan is for next week though it will have to be early in the week, I did tell her I was leaving for a trip on Thurs. FL HERE I COME!!

I just got home from costco where I picked up a new cheap bathing suit. I have a very good one that I like from Lands end but it's a pain to take off when it is wet, didn't realize it was a 'figure control' one and all the stuff to suck you in sticks when it's wet. LOL Plus didn't want to ruin it so quickly in hot tubs etc. I had 2 old suits here and good thing I tried them on before packing, they were huge and some parts might have slipped out! LOL I figured they would fit as they used to be small, they are size 18's, but the one I got today is a 12. It's so hard at Costco to know what size to buy as you can't try on, but it'll do. It's a tankini and it's in my bag for Glenwood and the hot springs. Think our hotel has a hot tub too.

Surfer, to start a new thread you need to be on the main page of the topic and just click on the blue box at the top that says new thread. If you are in a thread like this one all you can do is post reply.

Arlene, are you sure you need a fill? I know in the past after many fills you have gotten unfills. Go slow so you don't have those troubles again. Hope the tests all come out good.

Janet, glad the Sis visit is going well.

Linda, I change where we go out to eat too if the kids are joining us and stuff. It gets costly. I sure wish you could come to FL, sure you can't just disappear for a few days?? LOL

Laura, the restaurant sounds fun. That would be great to have our own room but I bet we are too small a group but if they don't have another group they just might. Okay who wants to split with me???

Oh, I forgot to mention, you know that possible move I've been talking about? DH has an interview for the position officially next Thurs. He'll be in ATL interviewing as I pass through there on my way to FL, he may try and meet me between my flights but doubt the timing will work out as his interview is in the hdqtrs building across the tarmac.

good afternoon~

surfer~ I have no idea. Sorry

jessica~WTG! This nurse knows how hard you are working!!! Keep up the good work!!!

linda~ hope you survived your busy day. where did you guys decide to go to dinner? And can you believe that steak? I could see us ordering one and asking to split it 6 ways!

eva~ glad your fill is helping and you are motivated. isn't that the best?! Thanks for your thoughts about my dad- Janet too.

Dad is home now. They re-did the stent. (not sure why) No biopsy done (said he didn't see anything abnormal inside the ureter). Urine drains but dye is still slow. The tumor is 13 inches long and wrapped around the ureter, but doesn't enter it. That's why it was missed. The urologist is the only one who STILL is not convinced it's cancer. He's an old fart and frankly I am not fond of him. My dad loves him and I guess that's all that matters. My parents are giving me the cold shoulder b/c I didn't go home for this surgery (first time I didn't go for one). They are getting a big snow storm tonight and I didn't want to get stuck up there. Nelson is having a short week next week with the Orlando trip and don't want him to miss too much school.

Rainy day here today. Warm though. I really hope the weather gets nice for everyone next week!

I need to cook some dinner. I will be around this weekend- I don't do superbowl (except to watch commercials..LOL). DH on call. Playing with the boy- what I do best. : )

CBL.. Laura

Arlene, are you sure you need a fill? I know in the past after many fills you have gotten unfills. Go slow so you don't have those troubles again. Hope the tests all come out good.

Great, I think I need a fill, but I will let the doctor determine whether or not I need one on the 18th. I get hungry two hours after I eat. I should be able to go at least three hours.

I am so happy for your DH. What an opportunity. How is your DD doing? I know this must be stressful for her.

Well, I am going to do Valentine's Day tomorrow for my mother. Got the flowers, card and cookies...... she will be pleased.

Great, I think I need a fill, but I will let the doctor determine whether or not I need one on the 18th. I get hungry two hours after I eat. I should be able to go at least three hours.

I am so happy for your DH. What an opportunity. How is your DD doing? I know this must be stressful for her.

Well, I am going to do Valentine's Day tomorrow for my mother. Got the flowers, card and cookies...... she will be pleased.

DD is doing okay, they are going to try and meet with the Pastor next week and discuss things.

It is a great opportunity for DH but still a difficult one with having to move. WE'll see what happens.

To answer all the questions to me. I will be Driving from North Ga. Gainesville to be exact.

It is not that I can't do the drive my DH is worried if something happens on the trip while driving I would be all alone.

Laura - Yeah that is the sae prices I came up with. I have one last effort to try to get one of my friends to let me have some of her frequent flyer miles and I belive that helps with the price.

My sister said I could get her boyfriend to go with me and he would drop me off at the resort and he would just take the car to see his parents in fort Myers.

I told my family I want to go so badly I am praying for something to work out for me.

Good Morning Gang

Up early so I could ck in w/all of you and see what's going on ;0) plus I gotta hit the gym early - cuz we are all suppose to go 4 wheeling and shooting around 9 this morning.. I really have things I need to do to get ready - nails bank - but it will get done - family is important and these will be memories and that's what counts most..

Charlene - a tweak may help - I think doc's go for the gusto (at least mine does) and since he does blind fills and I am suppose to figure out how the waters going down - it's hard - but this .5 cc I got is doing the trick - Gotta say I get the 1st bit syndrome - I have to slow down.. You can't let DH pass you - You are going to do this !!!

Jessica - WTG on your test !!!!

Linda - I agree about the $$ for dinner for kids who can't keep a job ;0) - so I don't think you are bad - hell - both my GK (Andrew & Kaitlin) like expensive foods - Andrew halibut and Kaitlin good steak.

I can't exercise right before bed - exercise early so I can sleep it gives me more energy most of the time..

Great - Did you get your flights figured out for going home -

Have a fun mini vacation - I got a $20 suit at target - I agree w/you about costco - I hate not being able to try things on - mostly cuz I hate returning stuff..

Laura - Hugs on the cold shoulder - I agree you can't go for every little thing - but you are there for the big ones... Ya the East Coast is getting a blizzard this weekend ..

Melissa - I really hope you can figure something out !!!!

Apples - How's your Vac going - I saw on the weather channel last night 70's in FL - Hope you are enjoying some sunshine

Eva - Are you getting rain this weekend?

Julie - Deb - Laurak - Jodi - Lisa where are you girls...

Well off for another cup of coffee and gotta get dressed for the gym..

Phyl will be back today !!!

Hugs CBL

Hey All....really quick post b/4 we take off for the day. Weather is dreary but when you're from MN, anything over 30 is a delight. Having fun with our friends from MN and friends we have in the resort from last year.

Been doing day trips..Mt. Dora today and St. Augustine tomorrow. It's in the 60's here but fine with me. Been cooking here as our friends just want to hang here most evenings. Even been packing picnic lunches for our day trips. Actually been nice doing it that way.. Today is egg salad sandwhiches, beef sandwiches and fresh fruit, wine and a fresh salad.

Just wanted you all to know I'm alive and looking forward to our meet next week. I will be the fuzzy-haired lady (humidity makes my curls look like He!!.)

Hope you all have a great weekend. Hope your trip was a good one, Phyll!

Charlene - a tweak may help - I think doc's go for the gusto (at least mine does) and since he does blind fills and I am suppose to figure out how the waters going down - it's hard - but this .5 cc I got is doing the trick - Gotta say I get the 1st bit syndrome - I have to slow down.. You can't let DH pass you - You are going to do this !!!

Janet......I know.....I can't let DH pass me up. You know I have been thinking I ought to do a pouch test before I go. If I am restricted then I will wait on the fill. I usually get a .1 or .2cc. . I will start on it Monday. We are going to a super bowl party tomorrow. It will be a challenge......all mexican food. I am making Soup.

1 day, I hope you get to go, but I would want someone going with me too.

Janet, I am so happy your visit is going well.

Laura, with this weather you were wise to stay home.

Apples, yeah, welcome to our world. Now you know why Southerners have "Big Hair". lol

Well, buddies, have a great day! I am off to the other side of Houston to have lunch with my mother.

WEll the job thing was a bust today. She got called to help do some ultrasound training or something like that. So plan is for next week though it will have to be early in the week, I did tell her I was leaving for a trip on Thurs. FL HERE I COME!!

I just got home from costco where I picked up a new cheap bathing suit. I have a very good one that I like from Lands end but it's a pain to take off when it is wet, didn't realize it was a 'figure control' one and all the stuff to suck you in sticks when it's wet. LOL Plus didn't want to ruin it so quickly in hot tubs etc. I had 2 old suits here and good thing I tried them on before packing, they were huge and some parts might have slipped out! LOL I figured they would fit as they used to be small, they are size 18's, but the one I got today is a 12. It's so hard at costco to know what size to buy as you can't try on, but it'll do. It's a tankini and it's in my bag for Glenwood and the hot springs. Think our hotel has a hot tub too.

Surfer, to start a new thread you need to be on the main page of the topic and just click on the blue box at the top that says new thread. If you are in a thread like this one all you can do is post reply.

Janet, glad the Sis visit is going well.

Linda, I change where we go out to eat too if the kids are joining us and stuff. It gets costly. I sure wish you could come to FL, sure you can't just disappear for a few days?? LOL

Laura, the restaurant sounds fun. That would be great to have our own room but I bet we are too small a group but if they don't have another group they just might. Okay who wants to split with me???

Oh, I forgot to mention, you know that possible move I've been talking about? DH has an interview for the position officially next Thurs. He'll be in ATL interviewing as I pass through there on my way to FL, he may try and meet me between my flights but doubt the timing will work out as his interview is in the hdqtrs building across the tarmac.

Wow Lori, that would be really amazing if your DH could meet you at the airport. I really like it when things work out that way. I haven't tried my bathing suits on in a while....suppose I should do that today. Hhmmmm. I'm sure you'll have lots of taker to split the meal. Especially most of us are leaving on Sunday, no reason to take leftovers home. Have fun in Glenwood, what a beautiful place.

Ok I am back. The test only took me 2 hours. They told me it was a 3 hour test. In the first section I scored in the 82 percentile, in the second I scored in the 83 percentile and in the third I scored in the 93 percentile. Which means I did better than 93% of the other people who have taken the test. Looks like I have a good shot at getting in. I am gonna take it again to see if I can boost my score. They will look at the highest of the 2 scores. I am so excited. I can't believe I am actually doing this.

Great job Jessica!! Good for you. So the next time you take the test, it's the same test? They don't give you a different version so you'll already know what coming? That could be a great advantage. When is the second test? How's the nephew?

Eva, I forgot to say congrats on the floor -- I'm afraid to try it -- haven't sat on the floor in like 4 or 5 years -- someday I'll get the nerve up. . .we'll see. linda

Thanks Linda. It's not an easy thing with hip issues. When my hip is acting up, I can't even put on my own socks. I'm truly amazed that the very little effort I'm putting out is paying off. (It's probably more effort than I'm giving myself credit for.) But I haven't been doing this for very long. It is motivating to see progress. Also, my stomach gets in the way and now it's smaller and easier to work around. I like it.

Arlene, you know, an egg doesn't last me 3 hours either. If I eat Breakfast before I leave for work (7am), I'm really hungry by 10am...I have to space out my food to keep me evenly keeled at least in the morning. If I eat an egg before I leave, then I'll take my oatmeal with me and heat it up at work about 9am. Then I'm usually good until 11:30 or so. If I have an omelet, I'll take that with me and heat it up at work and eat later like after 8am. I also have my beef Jerky backup...usually my home made stuff so it doesn't have sugar and too much salt in it. Hope your fill goes well and you start feeling better. It is a struggle some days.

More later.......

Hi all...thanks, Janet, for thinking of me. We had to postpone our trip east to Pittsburgh to visit family because of the huge snowstorm across Ohio and the east. Just didn't want to take any unncessary chances, and we can do it another time.

One reason I haven't been posting much is that I'm still in addiction hell; can't seem to stop myself. Today I already went off plan and it's only noon! So I'm just getting ready to get on the elliptical and do more time on it than I have before...I'm going to try for an hour, if possible. Then I have to go out and brave the snow and do some errands, run to the grocery store, etc. I'm in a funk and not very pleasant to be around and I just don't want to subject you all to my bad mood!! :thumbup: I need to start fresh, before this gets even more out of hand. I appreciate your encouragement. I know I need to do some of the OA things I've learned. I'm terrified I'm going to be a failure at this.

I think I need to start planning my food and writing it down beforehand, not just logging it afterwards to MyPlate.com. That way it'll give me more responsibility to stick to it. I'm even thinking of trying the 5-day pouch test to get back on track.

I envy you guys going to Florida!! It would be nice to just sit in the sun and warmth for a while. And visit with all of you, of course! I hope you have a great time there. Apples, it sounds like you are enjoying yourself. You deserve it to get away from the farm for a while.

Janet, I'm glad you enjoyed the visit with your sister. I have a step-sister that I'd to spend more time with, but she lives far away.

Peas, I hope your dad will start to feel better...and I hope you don't take it to much to heart that your parents seem a little miffed that you weren't there for the surgery. It's hard to figure out a way to do what you need to do AND try to be there for everyone. It's something I have to deal with about my mom's Parkinson's with her living far away. Hang in there.

Good afternoon everybody. Well nelson got his cast off today. Dh was doing a hip case today and the surgeon's PA asked how N was. They got to talking & he recommended taking it off and xraying it. It looks fine and he is soooooo happy! I am letting him play in the sand as I type. This boy loves dirt and has missed getting messy for a few weeks. He is in a john deere shirt and camo boxers....lol. He just caught a frog!

Ate a couple pretzels and am semi stuck. Ughh. Pain but no slime.

Will write more later, tough with phone. Cbl