Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

sigh of relief over here! :) the scale finally went down by three pounds! :tongue: i've lost 18.5lbs in a month.

Finally . . . down another 3 lbs. after several days of nothing. I'm now down 23lbs since May 27th. :blink:

Edited by Yukiko

Hi all,

I had my surgery may 27, 2008 and within 1-2 weeks went all the way down to 218(day of surgery 225lbs). I weighed myself today(normally do it on sundays but my daughter is the scale keeper in my house and won't be here tomorrow to give it back to me for weigh in) and I am now at 224 lbs. Ughhhhhhh!!!!! Yes, I am exercising and I am eating all the recommended foods - Proteins first(800-1000 calories). I am just getting very discouraged by this process. I know so many have responded with " this is the time for healing and not losing weight" but I am putting in the work, I am doing what I have been instructed to do and I am not getting the response from my body that I was expecting. I never, even waking up after surgery, questioned if i did the right thing with getting the lap band but today I am. But, for every other may bandster that is having great success with the band, Congratulations and keep up all the good work. I am genuinely happy for you.

well u go gurl! keep up the good work

Hello - what address code did you use to paste your w. ticker on your comments? I have had nothing but trouble trying to cut and paste mine. When I paste it just gives me the address and not the ticker. Thanks for your time. Wow. . 14,500. but just think that when all the weight is gone it will be soooo worth it. Good luck!

globally yours,

I am jaw dropping amazed at how much success you've had with your weight loss. Keep it up!!!! Although, my expections were different with what I wanted to have lost by now, I am still very happy at the loss that I've had this year as a whole. I am just going to keep praying for some patience and understanding with how to utilize this tool in me. I'll get the hang of it. As long as I am not gaining, i will be thankful and grateful.....so you won't hear anymore griping(well, not alot) from me. Oh, i forgot to mention the reason behind the weight gain.... I have edema and have been instructed to stop taking my Water pill for 4 weeks now. I started taking them again on my own and within 4 days dropped 7 lbs.....it was all Fluid stored in my limbs(fingers, legs, ankle, feet). I've never used the bathroom so much in the last 3 days. I'll let the doctor know at some point that I've made the decision to start back taking the pill and why.

Hello - Do you feel a difference when you have your 1st fill? I think I will be getting my 1st fill July 2nd at least I hope so. Presently, I don't get full and I'm hoping that will help. My weight loss is due to discipline for now, but I get hungry often and have to tell myself I've had enough. I sure don't want to stretch my pouch.

Edited by Yukiko

Had my first fill last week, Wed June 18th.

I was told it could take as long as 2 weeks to feel any effects, but I definetly feel a difference already in my decrease in appetite.

I have even dropped 6 lbs since the fill!

Bringing it to a total of 33 lbs lost.

Another NSV this week is that all of my blood sugars have been in the single 100's and in the 90's.

My PMD told me when I have a full week of sugars 100 or below to call him to adjust or start taking me off my meds!!

That will be a big success!! :sad_smile:

Hey Dont feel like it isn't working because it is it is a time thing right now

I am still at 310 and waiting for the scale to drop .

I spoke to my surgeon in Florida today and he said I need to get a fill asap for the wait loss to continue .But I am having a hard time getting a DR to take me as a patient since they did not do the surgery.

Yukiko I haven't felt a difference since my first fill. I am having another July 16th. I have 5cc total right now(3cc@ surgery), but my doctor did tell me when he banded me it was like a hula-hoop on me so I guess I will need a few more fills to feel restriction.

wasnt very true to the pre-op diet, didnt follow the post-op too well til my nutritionist gave me down the road, now trying very hard to break my addiction to food but thru all of that badness (i swear i will do better to get on the good foot) i still lost 21.7lbs with no restriction! i wanna do better so i can make you all proud of me as we take our journey together!!!

Today will be my third fill and nine weeks since surgery. I am only down 16 lbs. I know it is my fault for not eating better (foods) and exercising more... But b/f surg, I would have lost a lot if I was eating the small amount I eat now!

And on a side note, I was this weight around January of last year, and was able to wear a regular size 16 (from ny and co). Today- I can not wear those jeans from last year.... and am just (barely) in my 18s (of the same jeans)! I guess my weight redistributed? Anyone else have that happen to them?

weight.png