Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

way to go fran!!!!

I was banded on May 1. I lost 11 lbs pre op. That makes 14 lbs lost since I got my band, and I got a 1 cc fill in my 3rd week.

I have only lost 4 lbs since my fill... But I haven't been eating well.

weight.png

Edited by RebyTex

Hi!

Saturday, June 7th was my 1 month Bandiversary.

I lost 21 lbs, very quickly after surgery then the scale stopped moving for almost 2 weeks. I was being very careful with my food choices and logging everything.

I was becoming a bit discouraged ... will I be the only onr this doesn't work for????

How could that be when I am logging between 600 - 800 calories daily and walking on at the very least most days 2 - 3 miles daily?

I will say I was finding my clothing was becoming looser.

Well I kept it up and got on the scale yesterday and was repaid with a 7 lb weight lose!!

I guess my body was just trying to hold on to the weight in case I was staving LOL!! Like that might happen in the near future!! LOL!!~

To say I am delighted is an understatement!

:biggrin:

:thumbup:I am proud to say that I have lost a little over 9lbs since Thursday...milestone...yes...am I still excited...you betcha!!!!!!!!!!

I was banded on May 13th and have lost 24 lbs. I have advanced to a pretty normal diet and my scale hasnt moved in a few days...:thumbdown:I'm hoping it is just my body adjusting to the added foods. I hope I will get a fill on the 26th when I go for my visit. I can tell each day, that I am able to eat more and more, so I am really trying to "control" my portions.....

I know what you mean about each day being able to eat more and more. I'm still on liquids until I move on to mushy foods tomorrow, but I've used to get full after surgery from a few popsicles. I think maybe it was all the swelling that was giving me such problems getting stuff down. My first appointment with my doctor is tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll get my staples out, I'm not sure what else he'll do. I haven't lost any weight in the last couple days and its kind of discouraging.

don't get discouraged!! we're just barely starting. :smile2: remember that our bodies are getting used to all these changes and it might be a while until that scale starts moving again; everyone's different though. i haven't lost anything since last week. :blink: but i know its going to be all good, im not worried. keep your head up kiddo :smile2:

Ellen,

We were banded on the same day, but I'm still teetering in between 21 and 24 lbs. Right now it's back up to 21 :smile2: It's really getting discouraging because I am eating way way less than I used to. Can you tell me what a typical day of food is for you. My first fill isn't until the 27th.

Thanks, Dori

I too was banded May 13th and have had 1 fill so now I have 5cc's and don't feel any restriction yet my next fill is the 2nd week of July. I am getting very frustrated I know I should be jumping up and down that I have lost 17 lbs but the last 2 weeks I have only lost 1 pound a week. I joined DailyPlate and have been tracking everything I put in my mouth (I am on solids) I average about 650 calories a day you would think the pounds would be dropping off but NO!!!!!

Edited by NY2LAGirl

Hi all!

Everybody sounds like they are doing great! I too have not seen much of a change on the scale the past week, but hopefully that just means that there will be a big drop soon!

NY2LAGirl - you are doing great!!!

Terri

I am right there with you all!

Lost 17 lbs. in 2 weeks and today at week 3 I am still at 17 lbs.

I know it will start to come off but I am getting antsy!!!!!!!

I have lost over 12 lbs and tomorrow will be my week since getting my band placed. I know it won't all fall off like this, but hey its a start. Its a shame I can't tell I have dropped that weight. My stomach is still very swollen and puffy so I actually probabaly look even heavier. I can't wait until I can really start noticing the weight loss. I am going to take weekly pictures of my face with my digital camera to see if I can tell.....Great job everyone.

Hi Dori!

Nice to meet you and a band twin at that!!

I really am a creature of habit.

I could eat the same thing day after day and do ok.

So a typical day is:

I have a 16oz Protein Drink for Breakfast (115 cal)

I have a Fat Free Yoplait Yougurt (blue label) for a mid morning snack. (100 -110 cals)

I have another 16oz Protein drink for lunch. (115 cal)

Mid afternoon another Yoplait (100 -110 cal)

I usually take my walk around 2 pm

When I get back I either have a sugar free Jello (10 cal)

or SF Popcicle Brand Ice Pop (15 cal) some times I have both.

or 2 Jello's or 2 ice pops.

Depends on how thirsty and hot I am.

Dinner: Mon - Thurs

I have 3 oz of chopmeat (260 cal, 20 prot but 18 fat)

2 tablespoons of Low Fat Small Curd Cottage cheese (90 cal, 6 carb, 12 prot, 2.5 fat)

with a tablespoon of salsa

I have a vegetable

sometimes 4 slices of Tomato (9 cal)

lettace (whatever I feel like - 1/8 of a head is approx 9 cal & I can't eat that much of that)

OR

Marinated in Vinegar Cucumbers 1 cup (36 cal)

Later after dinner I might have another Ice Pop, or Popcicle Brand Fudgecicle (40 cal)(if I am dying for a chocolate fix) or a sf jello or FF Yoplait.

I drink Water and crystal light all day long and average about 130 oz.

So depending on the day and my choices I average between 650 and 960 calories.

When dinner comes along as you can see I can eat quite a bit!

I am hoping when I have my 1st fill - I hope next week at my next appointment Wed. June 19th, that I will feel more full. At least I am hoping I will be getting a fill!!

But I think all in all I am not making terrible choices.

I am certainly not eatting what I did pre-band!!

Fri- Sun I have to be a bit more flex. as my husband likes to eat out.

But I find plenty of band friendly food out there.

So that's my day!

When I am dying for something salty and tangy I have a glass of Campbell's Tomato juice (8 oz is 50 cal) it does the trick for me.

Now that the summer is here I have been compiling a list of things to throw in the cooler to have on the beach.

Like those little convience containers of cottage cheese & celery sticks and of course ff yoplait and water!!

Hope I gave you some ideas.