Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

I've suffered with edema which has worsened with age, but find that the best cures are:

1. High Protein diet - which doctors suggest after the band anyway

2. Drink over 8 glasses of Water a day- not sodium filled liquids- just H2O, tea, Decaf etc. The more you drink, the more you will help the adema subside. And in hot weather, add a glass or two more.

Thanks everyone. Think I've lost more this week too. Had my Giirl Thing last week, and hadn't had one for 3 months, so hey I'll take a loss no matter how it comes!

Sounds like everyone is doing good. They delayed my first fill a week, cause Dr is going out of town. My tummy is growling a lot, but am trying to ignore it, and keep drinking water!

I was able to do a recumant bike today. My ankle is improving, have an appointment with my family Dr about it tomorrow. It's gonna be funny, cause he thought it would be a year before I had my surgery, where in reality it took 6 months from the seminar to the surgery. He's not a very big supporter of Lapband, but he's friends my with surgeon, and my surgeon told me they argue about it all the time! So it will be interesting to see what he has to say to me!

hi all- losin' slowly, but i can't complain!!! this is before any fill, i can't get my first one until august, i'll be traveling most of july. so can't help but imagine how much better the loss will be with one!!! :wink_smile:

OMG Loooossssiiieeeeeeeee- I am SO Thrilled for you!!!

I started working out every day for the past 2 weeks and since then, I haven't lost anything- however, I HAVE lost inches- so I am not loosing hope... I know those pounds will start to shed soon!!!

I haven't really been working out, but at my job I get an intense workout from lifting trays and constantly running around all day. I didn't weight myself for a couple days and when I finally went to the doctors I was down 3 pounds!!! Yay! I really need to start working out now and hopefully the pounds will keep coming off!

Weighed in today. Down another 5! But the really neat thing is she measured me. Since my first interview with them in March, I have lost .25 inches in my arms, 5.5 inches in my thighs, 2.5 inches in my waist and get this 11 inches in my hips!!!!!!

WOW! I was blown away!

After being banded May 7th, I finally had my first fill on June 27th. I guess my doctor is very conservative because he only did a 1cc fill. I have to wait about a month before I can go back in for another fill. I don't feel any difference at all. However, I finally got past my plateau and am down 29lbs, so I am thrilled. I'm feeling hungry though. Hope I can hang on until the next fill.:thumbup:

you can do it! you'll see, a month will go by so fast! focus on your Proteins, and if you get really hungry, start moving & keep your mind occupied. i find that helps me A LOT!!!

I am leaving for the doctor in 1- mintues for my 1st fill. I am excited and nervous! My home scale says I'm down 4 pounds from my 2 weeks appt. -- Kind of dissapointed :thumbup: in that that I only lost 4 pounds in 4 weeks. Oh well....I guess after the fill it will get better -- I hope!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I'll report in tonight on how everything went!

OK...I like MY scale much better than the doctor's scale but his is offical in my mind. AND...in a bad twist of fate I got my period yesterday so that acounts for some extra weight right now (this happened to me before my 2 week appt. too:tt2:)

Anyway...I lost only 1 pound in 4 weeks on mushies but what was interesting to me was that the nurse, nurtritionist and doctor weren't concerned. They said that is NORMAL and stop panicing about it.

I got 3cc in my band today and at dinner I only felt a LITTLE different. Will this change?

Hi everyone,

I cannot believe I purchased a size 14 shorts today and they fit me. (and they are not tight). I am so excited. I don't remember when I wore a size 14. I think highschool.

This band has been a blessing. It hasn't been easy but it's worth it.

Let's keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

I cannot believe I purchased a size 14 shorts today and they fit me. (and they are not tight). I am so excited. I don't remember when I wore a size 14. I think highschool.

This band has been a blessing. It hasn't been easy but it's worth it.

Let's keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Its kinda fun digging back in time in the clothes closet. Im into stuff I havent worn in years.

Had my appointment today with Dr. F I have lost another 5 pounds which brings me to a total of 22 pounds from two weeks before surgery which was on May 19. 08- I am feeling really good.

No fill yet Dr. F says as long as I am losing weight and i'm not finding it hard to stick to my 1500 calories a day there is no need, the longer I can put it off the better off I will be.

I did however get told today to buy a scale- I never bought one for my house out of fear if it said I gained or it didn't go down I would freak and go on a food frenzie however Dr. F says to use it like a tool to let me know how I'm doing.. Ok shopping trip on Saturday to buy a new scale!

Happy 4th everyone and keep up the good work!