Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

bama belle- here's the difference on these 12 pounds......this time, they're not coming back!!!!

311 lbs at consultation/ 292 surgery day May 22nd/ 283 1 wk post-op/ 275 today - still on clear liquid till the 23rd - can't wait to finally chew something again!!! Hoping the weight loss picks back up again soon - it's been slow going the last few weeks.

anne that's amazing!!!! congrats!!!:smile2:

my weight loss hasn't been as rapid anymore since i've introduced mushies. i've lost a pound in a half in two weeks. im happy with the overall loss though!!!! yay for me!!!:biggrin2:

I don't go by weight on surgery date. I go by weight at 1st consultation because my doc gave me a diet to begin at that time. Then 5wks prior to surgery date, my nutritionist gave me the "pre-op" diet. And since the band is only a tool to help me relearn Portion Control, my journey began when I met Dr. Antonetti. I weigh myself weekly, Weds of surgery day. Today I'm at 212, down from 255!!! I don't know how much longer I will keep this a secret from the few "chosen ones" because now they're commenting on my weight loss and inquiring on it. Some have asked me to provide material for them on how I'm doing it-HA!! I began regular foods today so I'm ready to see the scales slow down. I have YET to get a fill. Not for bragging but because my doc's that busy! I go for 1st fill on July 1st. (8wks post-op) I was going to try and hold out but now I'm at 1/2cup each meal, with no snacking in between. I'm very satisfied with that (when I keep my Protein at >60gms/day) so I don't want to be tempted to go above that. My goal is not to hit the 1cup until after 1yr bandiversary.

Oh, and for exercise, I either walk 20mins daily on treadmill or do 30mins pool. I still overdo my port muscles...so I keep treading on!

I was banded on May 1st. I am holding at 20lbs and feel like I am READY for another fill!! Luckily my next fill is on Monday!! This really is an exercise in changing old habits and replacing them with healthy habits.

ALL food goes down!!!! This includes everything that I am not supposed to eat. I am doing a good job of making good food choices (for the most part), but I feel that I could definitely use more restriction.

How are all you other May 1st bandsters doing????

I wanna be a May flower!! I don't feel real jazzy for a Jazzy June sometimes! ha ha Maybe that's my age! You have such a pretty logo! I missed it by 5 days. Am doing great though, down 32 lbs. including pre op. I read over here a lot to see what's coming ahead in my new bandster life. Congrats on all the success!

:redface: I was banded May 8 and I had my first fill today, June 20, with 4.5 cc.

im so lost i cant figure out how to place my ticker on this web page can sum one lead the blind..lol well any wow as of today i lost 44 pounds

Hi all,

I had my surgery may 27, 2008 and within 1-2 weeks went all the way down to 218(day of surgery 225lbs). I weighed myself today(normally do it on sundays but my daughter is the scale keeper in my house and won't be here tomorrow to give it back to me for weigh in) and I am now at 224 lbs. Ughhhhhhh!!!!! Yes, I am exercising and I am eating all the recommended foods - Proteins first(800-1000 calories). I am just getting very discouraged by this process. I know so many have responded with " this is the time for healing and not losing weight" but I am putting in the work, I am doing what I have been instructed to do and I am not getting the response from my body that I was expecting. I never, even waking up after surgery, questioned if i did the right thing with getting the lap band but today I am. But, for every other may bandster that is having great success with the band, Congratulations and keep up all the good work. I am genuinely happy for you.

Sunshinelady hang in there this isn't the first time I read a response like this. Just keep up what you are doing, drink, exercise measure your food and wait it out you will get there especially after you start getting fills. have you had your first one yet? I got mine 20 days post-op......

Edited by NY2LAGirl

When I graduated highschool in June 2006 I was 209, before I started my pre-op diet on May 19, I weighed 229, thats 20 pounds in two years gained, but I lost 23 pounds in about 23 days!!!! I'm really excited I was able to undo two years of damage in under a month! It will only get better once I start excersizing again!

TWO MORE POUNDS!!! TOTAL OF 31LBS!! WOOOOOOHOOOO!!!

I have never been so happy in my life...other than the birth of my children. And to think I will NEVER see those pounds again!!! I went to a buffet yesterday and was able to just take a bite of this and that...I even amazed myself!!...LOL :lol: This is going to work!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!

Fran :grouphug: