Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

hi all, I was banded on March 3 and have lost 38 lbs. Nothing tastes as good as how I feel. Everyone keep up the good work.

38lbs since March 3rd is amazing!! Keep up the good work!!!

hi everyone-

my surgery was 5/22, no pre op diet was required. i tried to go on one, and cheated! :wink2: as of today, i'm down 9 lbs. i'm on liquids right now, and i do get full pretty fast. i know it will slow down in a couple of weeks, but this is amazing! :thumbup:

Edited by KikiVal315

I am so glad its not only me.I have been stuck since I started mushies and I am on regular foods now!!!I am eating such a small amount i am so frustrated.

Hello,

I was banded on May 7th and was on a full liquid diet for 5 days before my surgery, so since my pre-op weigh in, I have lost about 22 lbs, but it keeps bouncing back and forth between 20 and 22. I am eating like I'm suppose to, in fact probably less because I'm having a hard time getting down the Protein Drink I bought. I know I really need to get serious about that as I would rather lose fat than muscle (Duh)! Anyhow, the weight loss definately slowed down once I introduced mushy foods, verses liquids. My first fill isn't until the end of June, but I do feel full after a 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food. Can anyone tell me how to put my tickerfactory weight bar on this site. I cannot figure it out.

Thank you,

Dori

I was banded 5/23 and had my first weigh in today. I totally flopped the pre-op diet so in 6 days I've lost 17 pounds (don't ask me how). Anyhow, I know thats the last big number like that since today I graduated to semi-solids (not a moment too soon).

I do have a question, my doc already scheduled me today (automatically) for a fill in 2 weeks. Is this necessary? I am feeling restriction (not too much but enough).

Any help is appreciated.

:thumbup: Anyone having trouble with obsessively weighing yourself! The weight bouncing back and forth between 3 pounds is starting to mess with my head. Logically I know this is normal, however, it affects my attitude. I have gone 3 days without weighing. I am going to try and only weigh once a week ( or no more than 2 or 3 or 4 times, haha!)

Edited by miss meliss

I was banded May 14 ( no preop diet) and and of yesterday I am down 22lbs...and I hope everyone knows that most of what we have lost is Water weight!!! so it SHOULD slow down some!!! I hate to be a "Sore Loser" LOL...but I just dont want everyone to get discouraged when their weight loss slows down!!! Mr Dr doesnt require much of any diet...if I cant tolerate it I can eat it...(except for the first 2 days post op)... I ate 1/2 hamburger pattie 5 days post op...they just tell me to chew chew chew!!!! I have had NO effects of anything...I know that will all change once I have my first fill or two!!! My first fill is scheduled @ about 4 weeks post op june 10 ( I think) I am scared to death Does it hurt? can anyone else not feel their port! I dont have a clue where it is...

And to Miss Meliss: I am glad I went back to work because I stepped on the scale EVERYTIME I walked by it!!! I was amazed how my weight staggered up and down thru out the day!!! But since I went back to work things are MUCH better...LOL

I thought it was just me who hears the scale calling my name all the time!!!

I have been talking to people in the chat rooms and some of them don't weigh themselves except once a month! One girl doesn't have a scale - that's the only way I could stop weighing myself.

I think in the beginning we have such high expectations and when you are healing from surgery looking at the numbers going down on the scale seem to make it all worth while!!

heyliberrylady - doesn't your scale fit in your purse? LOL!!!! :thumbup:

We are all doing great!

Terri

I was banded on May 19th and I am terrified to get weighed on June 4th at my 1st appointment since the surgery! I haven't had anything but liquids so of course I have to loose something -- right?!?! I just want to get off to a GREAT start for motivation! What a downer if there wasn't a nice loss right off the bat! UGH!!!! Wish me luck!

Banded May 19th, first POST OP appointment was May 29 and I was down 7 pounds since the day of surgery,and that gives me a grand total of 17 pounds all together from the 10 I had to lose before surgery- a bit disappointed seems I feel like i'm missing out on foods I used to enjoy- I don't ever truly feel hungary, and i'm now off the liquids, so its back to normal food, if I only lost 7 pounds on liquids I can see the next month is going to be a rough one.. LOL

I go back for my next visit on July 3rd doc says I should be down 4 more pounds by than sounds reasonable but was hoping for more-- I just keep saying time time all in good time! :thumbup:)

I went yesterday to find a new outfit, I was able to buy capri pants in a size 24 and I was wearing size 28. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!:tt2: I am so happy. I have gone from a 5X to a 4X in the shirts too.....

This means more to me than the number on the scale. It feels real good.

Keep up the good work and may you all have a blessed weekend.:thumbup:

Bandedgirl08, congrats on the new size!!!!! That is an awesome feeling. Miss Meliss, girl its like the scale is a neon sign calling my name. It calls me in the middle of the night 'Michelle, michelle, come step on me...you know you want to.'

However, I am afraid to weigh more than once a day because I know if I do that I will get discouraged because we do fluctuate.

Anyway, I wish everyone luck and may Gas-x relieve all your pain and bloating (cuz it sure isnt working for me):w00t:

I was banded on 5/9 and have lost 17pds since my pre-op diet that started on 5/1. However, I haven't lost anything in a week 1/2. I am only eating my lil 1/2-3/4 cup of food 3 times a day. It is a little discouraging. Hopefully, I will start loosing again.