Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgery Dates

BUBBLESSTINA~ My band`day sista!!! You sound like you are doing phenomonal! Good for you! And your ex is just being hurtful! You can absolutely tell when someone loses 33 pounds!!! Good for you! You rock! Im with you in the fact that your belly is finally smaller than your boobs. I was just completely ROUND at one point! Couldn't tell where some things started and other things ended!!! I do feel better now that the weight is going away! Energy is coming up a bit. I have been in a funk these last few weeks so once that lifts, I will be more energetic then. PLUS fall is coming! That is the time for me to shine! I always do everything better in the fall....maybe cause I am a fall baby? I dunno.....But I expect my weight loss to pick up a bit then and my energy to really go thru the roof. I have been loosing pretty steady since surgery....I am down just about 50 pounds and I have about 60 to go to reach goal!!! UGh! I will get there though!!!

I am only at 2.0 cc's right now as far as fills go. I have been having some problems over these last two weeks...almost PB'd for the first time, been getting stuck...eatting the wrong things....stress is a killer boy!!!! But I am back on the wagon and I have to face my surgeon on Tuesday...No fill for me that day, but I am okay with that. I need to stay right where I am till I get all these things under control .....

Tina~ Typically the moderators of the board update these lists...I think an edit just needs to be done and your info just added to the list.

BEST WISHES TO YOU BOTH!!

Hello May bandsters

Thanks porcdoll for dragging this up!!!!

I'm checking in. I have been out of the posting loop for several weeks. I lost my password and the system cannot retreve it for you. DH set up another e-mail account and I am back under another screen name. What a hassle.

I'm offically half way there. My mecca of a scale number is 150. I can smell it! LOL

What a wirl-wind of an adventure. I am loving it.

I've had two fills and one unfill. I'm at 1.5cc right now and doing pretty well here.

Walking and Water are my keys to the kingdom. I've tested that theory a few times and WL slows when the 2w's are not a regular part of my world.

So I'm off the walk and water.

Great to hear from you Debbie-Do!! I am almost half way there....10 more pounds and then I will be half way to goal. I so agree with you on the walking! Its very important. I haven't been out in a while, so I gotta get back on the wagon with that. My son will be starting school in a few days so I think I will be out there walking then. I still dunno whats going on with my job. I haven't spoken to the Union as of yet...the rep is out on vacation till the 6th! What ever happens, happens...Im really not upset about it anymore. If I go back, great, if not...then onward to a new chapter in life. I had to lose 110 pounds!! eck! I have lost just about 50 now! I am at 2.0 cc's with my fills. I think a fill is going to happen at my next visit with my surgeon..We will see. I had been getting stuck, almost BP, but I was under a tremendous amount of stress, and I wasn't concentrating on the Bandster Montra...LITTLE BITE LITTLE BITE,CHEW CHEW CHEW

sooo I did it to myself. Now that I am at peace...things are going down better.

Okay girl...Thanks for checking in...Good luck to you at reaching your goal! You can do it! Look how far you have come!!

TTYL

Hey there May Bandsters....I am new to this board and I don't even know if anyone still checks in here???

I have been looking for a May Group...this is the first I have found....

I was banded May 31, 2005 (yes, a just barely made it)

I'm doing well, and just wanted to meet others that were at about the same stage

Blessings, Debbi

Hi Debbie,

I was also banded in May (5/23/2005), and was looking to see how other may bandsters were doing. I think I have done well-just hitting my 50 pound weight loss goal. Things are starting to slow a little bit for me, but still the best decision I have ever made for myself.

How have things been for you?

Hey there Debbydo...

Welp, its five months, and Im down 50 pounds and stuck on a plateau. I have been on that plateau for about a month, so I technically lost 50 pounds in 4 months!!! It sucks, but at least I haven't gained weight. I have an ass kickin headache, these chewable asprins aren't cutting it, I want an Advil!!! I think Im just exhausted from openning weekend at the Haunted House....and I haven't been eatting much. I just got a fill on Tuesday; I am now up to 2.25 cc's in my 4cc band. I felt an immediate difference, I dont think full restriction has hit yet though. I have been a bit skeerd to eat! Isn't that odd? Spend my life afraid to stop eatting, and now I am a complete opposite. I swear they do a mini lobotomy during this lapband surgery!!

Okay, God Father is back on...I gotta go!

Talk to you later~

Hey there all May Bandsters....Hope all are well, and losin it!!! lol...I am certainly in love with my band...I now have lost 44 lbs in just over 4 months...and a total of 50.75 inches...I am starting to feel so much stronger....

A little history on myself...52 yr old, married (33yrs) mother of 3...with 4 grandkids (grammy's heart) As my "sign-in name says...I love to Sew...I started out a little heaver than most of you at 312 with a goal weight of 160....so I have a long way to go...But with the help of the Band I will make it...

I hope everyone is having a wonderful fall...

Blessings Debbi

Well, its Oct 4 and I'm still sitting around the 30 pound weight loss. I started exercising again when the holiday weight challenge started so I'm at 60-70 minutes of walking a day. I've been kind of bumming on my slow loss the last couple of days so I guess its time to get off the pity-potty and deal with it.

I've got 1.4 cc in the 4cc band. I would like more but at one point I had to get some taken out so my dr doesn't want to put any in for awhile. So I kind of feel like I'm doing it alone or with minimal restriction - except when the temperatures outside heat up - then I've got megga restriction. Okay, we are supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow in the next two days so I'm guessing I will have no restriction.

I've always been a slow loser so I just need to accept that and get my head back on straight. Sorry to whine but sometimes I just need to get it out of my system.

Congratulations on your losses. Celeste

December has been hard for me too. I have been losing alot slower this month as well. I haven't been on here in so long. I have certainly missed it. I now have a job in retail so as you can imagine I have been busy to say the least. I can give an update though since my ticker is not accurate. I now have 2.75cc in a 4cc band. That has helped tremendously. Although the candy that has been free flowing hasn't helped any help at all. Fortunately Christmas is over and I can move on and get myself back on track.

Jeannie S.

Dr. Floyd

May 17, 2005

291/210/150 or less

Hello fellow May-dazers....

December has been hard on me, but only because my nerves. Its been a very stressful time and my band hates stress~~ I haven't been able to really eat too much.....I do alot of Protein Shakes still. I spoke to my surgeon and he doesn't want to take any of my fill out because he is afraid that will allow me to stress eat more. With the fill in, I will be more careful. Its been tuff. I am in a size 20 jeans though!!! I haven't seen that size in a very very very long time!!! Sooo I am happy with my weight loss to date. I have lost about 60 pounds so far. We are about five months away from our one year bandaversaries~ I have about 40 more pounds to go to hit my goal. Its gonna be a close one. I know I have to up the exercise......Cause it certainly isn't anything Im eatting at this point~

Okay guys...GOOD LUCK TO US IN MEETING OUR GOALS~~

Talk to you soon~

Hello fellow May bandsters !!!

Can you believe it's been 7 (+) months for us????

I keep trudging along....slowing down a bit

I was hoping to hit the 100 pound mark by my 40th birthday (Feb 1), but I am a little more realistic that it's NOT going to happen. I'm so happy with what I have accomplished and how much better I feel.

Well, congrats to ALL of us for getting through the holidays !

How is everybody else doing?

Hi Everyone,

I am a may banster, but I am just spinning my wheels now and I am stuck at a 40 pound weight loss. With the big weight losses I am seeing from everyone what kind of food do you guy's eat? How much? any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey Tracey,

40 is totally awesome, an average of 1.25 pounds per week, a nice a healthy, no skin hanging, not screwing up the metabolism rate.

You should be very proud of yourself!!!!

No secrets here. I do bettersome weeks than others. the losing weeks are very little carbs and lots and lots of Water. I think even now I need to have somethinng in my mouth more often than not (no gross refernces please) So I'm walking around tonight with a big glass of ice water I refilled twice already. I have developed bad habits over the last three weeks and need to get back to basics some. I'm also uping the exercise thing. I was walking alot more than I have been in Dec.

Good luck with finding your groove and please don't sneeze at 40 pound WL again - that is amazing- I don't know what your overall goal is but if in the next 7 months you lose another 40 , thats 80 so keep on keepin on. No Maybandster will be left behind!

Love, Debby