Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgery Dates

What! you only have to do 24hrs of liquids! My Dr is making me do a whole week! Not fair!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Aileena

Ps. When you are done tell me every little detail...I want to know for when I go in on the 26th...

Good luck!

Aileena, Here you are on the official May list. I was suppose to do the mushie thing right away but waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooo tight. liquids are going ok for today. Don't rush the mushie - it's overrated!

Wishing all a better tomorrow!

Aileena, My dr did not have me do liquid at all before my surg!! He even told me to go eat a nice dinner a few nights before the surg. I put myself on liquids for 2 days before just so it would not be such a shock to my teeth..haha

And my Dr. requires 2-weeks of liquid prior to surgery. My date is Thursday, May 19th so today was day #6 of liquid. After I finally got rid of the 3-day Migraine, I am actually feeling quite good....lots of energy. I go for pre-op testing on Thursday...and then it's the countdown. I go from high excitement to high anxiety. Thanks to all of you who put your words of wisdom for all to see.

I had my band on the 17th. I got to come home the next afternoon. I haven't had any nausea or vomiting so I guess I really got lucky. They already had me remove my bandages and to my surprise I have staples!! 17 of them! They are driving me nuts but I feel like I really lucked out by that being the worst thing besides the minor pain and having to go a little slow around the house. I am experiencing a little shortness of breath. nothing too serious,just like a little reminder to slow it down. Water has been my best friend along with Soup and my doctor already allows me to have a small amount of low fat yogurt.I also must admit that I hate surgical stockings! I have to wear them until the 31st when the staples come out but considering the alternative of blood clots I will do as told. I do have a question though, how many of you have experienced the short emotional crying episodes? I have had a few of them the last couple days. I was told that might happen as things in my system level out. Any ideas or comments? BTW, my pre-op weight was 291 and I will get my ticker up soon.

Sounds like you are doing great.

What is this about surgical stockings? Nobody told me anything about them!!

I get banded next Thursday......

They put them on before surgery along with those compression sleeve things. I also had the compression sleeves on the whole time at the hospital. I was never told about them but I also didn't know to ask either. I take them off to shower and leave them off for maybe an hour. They said I could leave them off except for at night if I walked at least 5 to 10 minutes an hour but would prefer to have me wear them. So I deal with them. I just find them itchy, nothing too terrible. I do walk the recommednded time plus a few minutes more when I feel up to it but I prefer to be cautious. I hope that helps you some Road Queen and I certainly don't mean to alarm you. I would ask your doctor or someone at the hospital when you go in.

HI!

I didn't have any crying jags after my surgery, but I was warned about them and fully expected to be emotional. I think because I prepared for it, it really didn't happen to me. I also didn't have staples or the surgical socks. I walked a lot though, right when I got home. I think I did a half mile day 3 after surgery and then gradually worked up to 30 min - 1 hour of walking per day. I did have some kind of leg things in the hospital that plugged in and sort of massaged my legs. I had to wear them the whole time in the hospital (24 hours), but no take home surgical socks.

I think I felt almost 100% better about 2 weeks post op. I was banded on May 2nd. I feel 100% now and have started eating solid foods in small amounts. I just chew, chew, chew. I have experienced the stuck feeling a couple times, but it goes away within a minute or two.

Good luck to all May bandsters! & God bless!

Lisalu

I had my band on the 17th. I got to come home the next afternoon. I haven't had any nausea or vomiting so I guess I really got lucky. They already had me remove my bandages and to my surprise I have staples!! 17 of them! They are driving me nuts but I feel like I really lucked out by that being the worst thing besides the minor pain and having to go a little slow around the house. I am experiencing a little shortness of breath. nothing too serious,just like a little reminder to slow it down. Water has been my best friend along with Soup and my doctor already allows me to have a small amount of low fat yogurt.I also must admit that I hate surgical stockings! I have to wear them until the 31st when the staples come out but considering the alternative of blood clots I will do as told. I do have a question though, how many of you have experienced the short emotional crying episodes? I have had a few of them the last couple days. I was told that might happen as things in my system level out. Any ideas or comments? BTW, my pre-op weight was 291 and I will get my ticker up soon.

Hi all fellow May bandsters!!

I feel like I have been away for so long even though it has only been 1 week....

I went for my first postop appointment on Tuesday May 17, I had lost 10 pounds since my surg!!! YIPPEE!! 10 pounds in 12 days...I was very excited about that!!

I am eating small amounts of regular food, not very much though because I am scared to eat to much. Ihave not had that stuck feeling I keep hearing about...I hope I never do.

Hope all are doing well...

Porcelain, how are you doing??

hey ther bubbles! :)

Congrats on your weight loss! It is so exciting to see it come off isn't it? I have lost 30 pounds so far. 10 pre op, 20 post op. I have run into a little problem, and I have to go see Dr Kwon first thing Monday morning. I have been in terriable pain!! My left side is killing me. I thought it could have been Constipation, so I took Milk of Magnesia for that, and well, while things were movin, I was still in pain. Then I thought, Ok gas...soo I took Gas X....felt a little better, but nothing major. The pain was taking my breath away!! So I went to the urgent care center and saw a doctor there, and he said he thinks that I have drainage built up under the skin and thats whats causing the pain. I called Dr Kwon and he said in my office first thing Monday! I took a hit of that Lotab that they prescribed for after surgery last night and I slept sooo good last night. The pain isn't too bad right now...so we will see...we will see..... I will keep ya posted....

Talk to you soon!

Porclndoll