Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgery Dates

I like Porc have had a hard December, very stressful having your first single again Christmas..

I have not lost a pound in 3 weeks but can also hardly eat.....WHTS UP EITH THAT?!?! I have found out like of you guys tht stress makes it harder to eat and the only thing I can "eat" is a shake. Who else is sick of protiene shakes? ? hahah

As far as my actual weight loss... down 50 pounds!!! Yeah for me!!!

I will say that I am jealous of all the peoplw who lost so much more than I have. It gets very discouraging some days and makes me depressed. At least with my band I cannot go eat from the depression. Somedays I do miss my oreos :)

Glad to hear everyone is making progress with our new lives. Keep it up guys!!! One year from now we will all be wearing those cute little slinky holiday dresses and showing our collar bones!!!

I have been getting stuck alot, and Pbing and sliming and my band just hurts. I talked to my surgeon and he said he wouldn't take Fluid out, but I need to baby it for now...to get thru this tough spot. Today is really bothering me. I hear so much about erosion that it scares the bejesus out of me!!! I have told my surgeon about my concernes, but apparently he doesn't share them, so I guess I should stop worrying about it. I guess the extra worrying isn't making it any easier. I may have a job...not making the money I want, but its close to home, closer to my sons school, the company is very flexable when it comes to family needs and time off....sooo i can't lose there. They are supose to be calling me by friday with information on when I can start. I totally forgot to tell them about a surgery that my son is having on January 5th....he needs new tubes in his ears......I am sure that it wont be a problem. I worked for this company YEARS ago....left for a better position....and now I have come full circle!! Funny where life brings ya sometimes.

I last posted oct 3 when I was bummed about only having lost 30 pounds and not losing more. I have continued my exercising but I guess my eating habits aren't good cuz I now see stuck with a 35 pound loss. In 12 weeks I have lost 5 pounds. But its better than gaining five.

The next few months are going to be very stressful for me so I'm hoping to hold my own. I have to put my dog to sleep on Friday. My mother is moving in with me Feb 1. And the list goes on...

Your results are all wonderful. Lets keep losing. celeste

Celeste,

I'm so sorry to here about your fur baby. We are pet lovers in our house tooo - it'll take time ((((hugs))))))

As for Mom moving in - well let's say that's probably the best excuse for getting out and excerising!! hehehe

35 is vertainly respectable and if we were in a WW meeting we'd all be clapping our hands off for you!!!!! So stop a take a bow!

Thanks Debby for the encourageing words, I am happy I have lost 40 pounds, and I haven't gained. Do you ever find yourself going back to your old habits? thats where I'm at, I'm in a rutt and I can't get out of it. I feel like I have to go on some diet to get started again on the right track but I don't want to do that, plus diets have never worked in the past for me. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank, Tracy

Tracy....Sorry to hear your in a rut. When I get in a rut I change just one thing....Like just recently I just found Liquid Protein at GNC. I am taking that twice a day with some Water, and I am upping my water in take. I dont really diet too much, but I do stick to the Protein and veggies rule. I eat very little carbs. My thing is "am I eatting too much".....I eat till I feel full then I stop. But sometimes it seems like a lot~~ I get scared over the possiblity of streaching the pouch...then I get scared of erosion.

One thing that I have stopped doing is weighing in at home. I only weigh in at the surgeons office once a month when I go in for a check up...What ever it is it is. I do my very very best and I have been consistantly seeing a weight loss...even during the most stressful times of my life....Sooo I must be doing something right~

Good luck to you~ Happy New Year everyone!

It has been a long time since I posted. May 2nd was banded, and to date loss of 60 lbs. down to "out of the plus size" I cleaned my closet out and tried on things I didn't know for sure. I no longer have anything over misses dept. you'd think that would be fun, kinda depressing as I have very little clothing I look good in, and dont want to purchase more until closet is empty!!

I have been at a stand still for a few weeks. I dont want to start "another" new years resolution but I have to exercise! so back to the gym I go.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Thanks for bringing this thread back up.

I am down to 150. Even though its not my goal, I would be satisfied if I stayed here. After looking back at the last year, I have realized that I tend to lose for about 6-8 weeks, then hold for 3 months or so. We will see if it happens again this Sept/Oct.

I found the secret weight loss formula - move to Africa and try and find food to eat. My first month, I had Protein Shakes or bars twice a day and for dinner I would saute green Beans, fake crab and sometimes a potato in olive oil.

Now that I have been here awhile, its much easier. But I still use alot of Protein shakes, Protein Bars, beef Jerky to get my protein in. I have used net grocer, my food coop, hickory farms, drugstore.com, etc to ship food here. Now, I have many packets of tuna so that will be a welcome change. I have also found ground meat periodically at the store.

I wear size 8-10 now and am comfortable with that. My biggest problem is clothes. Most of the clothes I shipped here were 12-16 and look nasty. But people here don't have much and I don't want to order a new wardrobe. I don't have to unzip any of my jeans to take them off...isn't that weird!!

If anyone is bored or wants to know about living in Malawi, message me. I spend alot of time on the internet. Celeste

its been awile since i too posted,having my husband in and out of hospital made trying to stick to the right foods very hard all the good stuff was easier and quicker to eat,i lost him in january and it is just now that i am getting back to healthier eating ,would like to be at goal by summer

sandra..........

It's been a long time since Ive posted, and my weight loss ticker is not up to date but it's close enough. As of last night July 4- 1 year 2 months being banded I have lost 93 lbs and over 60 inches total. I feel great. I haven't gotten a fill for 3 months or so and I still feel restriction. I have change alot, mostly the small stuff like parking at the door, now I park and walk, or just walk if it is within shorter distance. I live in a small town so Mostly walk. I started doing foster care for a 1 month old in April, he is now 4 months and doing well, he is suffering the consiquesces of a drug addict mother but, he is getting along so my exercise time is limited. I try to walk with him in striller as much as possible.

the last 3 months only lost 3.5 lbs, didnt think I would slow down this much but atleast its a loss. I wear size 12 misses or 14/16 jrs. my teenage daughter thinks I need to stay in the jr department, however, the low waist pants drive me crazy, but hay better than a year ago.

Hope everyone is doing great!

hey deb, I am still here, rarely post or log on any more, after all the drama last year on here I quit logging on, but I miss it a bunch!!!

How have you done? Can you believe it has been 2 years for us?? What a change 2 years has made in my life..how about yours???

Christine