Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgery Dates

Guest cammie

Hey..... I'm new....... My name is Cammie. I had surgery on this past Monday, May 2,2005. I want a bunny or a train to track with me.... How do I do that? It's awesome.

Guest cammie

I'm new today. I had surgery 4 days ago and this site is awesome and seems to offer lots of support. I want to take advantage of this support. I need someone to help me out, I'm very unfamiliar with this site and seem to keep getting lost? Thanks....... Cammie

Ok, I'm back.

I'll update the full May list tomorrow. It's mothers day and I'm just getting back from the hospitsl. I was readmitted. My stomach was swollen around the band, I couldn't pass my own saliava. Yuck I spit up for almost 18 hours. Back in Hosp on IV fludids and steriods to shrink the swelling and here I am. Post opt 6 days and down 12 lbs. Holy Shit! I',m at 228. food who needs food? ????? I'm planning my fall wadrobe already!

Hope all is well with my fellow Mayers.

Anyone else hit a bump????

Love to All, Debby

Debbydo, I hit a similar bump. What's up with this stoma swelling stuff? Makes me worried about the possiblility of future erosion. Glad you are better. Happy Mother's Day!

Hope you guys are doing better. I don't know where you live but here in North Dakota the weather is going bonkers. Storm warnings left and right.

A couple of years ago my brother had a diverticulitis and needed a clostomy. In the middle of a blizzard I ended up driving 45 miles (took about 3 hours). The dr said with the recent incision the change in atmospheric pressure with the bad weather caused swelling. It sounded kinda flakey at the time but maybe that's what happened. Hope it gets better soon.

(BTW - my crabby brother accused me of trying to poison him and the dr thought that was funny!!)

Ok, I'm a little nervous, 7 days post-op and I haven't had any spitting up problems (poor debbydo - I'm praying for you), but my stomach feels so full, like it's going to burst. I have to keep taking my pain medication. I had half cup of chicken Soup broth today and felt so extremely full all day. I don't know if there's something wrong. I have a follow up appointment on Tuesday, but I just hate not knowing if something's wrong or not. I don't know if I should wait. I have not really consumed anything in the last seven days (besides an accidental oatmeal - see prior post), I've only drank Water and eaten s/f popsicles. I wish I knew if this is normal or not. Any ideas anyone?

LisaLu

Debbydo and Kathy soooo sorry to hear about your troubles. Must be us first of May baby bandsters. Had a heck of a time couldn't stop vomiting and I mean violently. scared crap out of my hubby, he called dr. shock!! when the blood came I got scared too then couldn't stop crying or vomiting. went to er and got nausea supp. (lovely) anyway today must really be mothers day, it is the first day I feel only the staples pulling.

Reminds me, question, did anyone have staples? watched a lap band surgery movie for drs. (hospital let me watch, dr not pleased but oh well) they showed tape like holding the openings closed. I have staples. lots of staples 29 to be exact. Is this normal??

Thanks for all the anwers to my crazy questions-

let us know how you are doing Debbydo and Kathy, best of luck!

Hi All!! I'm home!!

Had my surg on Thursday, out of the hospital on Friday, Went to a friends house Friday night then home today. (my living situation is a little akward-seperated from hubby and we trade off on staying with our kids everyother week, My off week I stay in an appartment...)

anyway.....

I can't believe how easy this has been!! Like most every one else has said, th port incision is the most uncomfortable. Not actually a lot of pain, liquid tylenol has taken care of it for the most part. I did take some of the lortab in the hospital but only 2 times since comming home.

Hey brenda, I do not know of any one who has had staples.....Did your Dr. give you any explination for them???

i have 4 very small incisions and then 1 that is about 2 or 3 inches long ( the port) 1 of them you can hardly even see right now and it is only 3 days post op...

Deb, I hope you are doing better. I feel guiilty, I have had 1 bout of neausea that only lasted about 2 min and that was right after surg, most likely from the anestesia...

Any way...

Good luck to all of my fellow may bandster buddies!!

I will be banded on May 19 by Dr. Christine Ren at NYU. Doing the Optifast thing for 2-weeks and hanging in. Getting kinda anxious...So glad you're all here to talk to.

Hi everyone, I got my band yesterday. Ugh! I'm sooo sore, mostly at the port site. I've been so scared to take my pain meds (liquid Loritab) just cause those kinds of things tend to make me sick to my stomach, but I sucked it up this morning and took some and all seems to be fine for now. I'm having some pain in my chest from the gas but other than that, doing well. I had a little Water and 1/2 a thing of Jello. Was anyone else afraid to eat anything that first time? Funny thing is when I was in recovery I had the hugest craving for a cheeseburger...strange huh? LOL

Hubby has been great and waiting on me hand and foot...think I may have to milk this one :). Even my sweet 68lbs boxer girl has been so sweet and careful around me like she knows mommy hurts.

Welcome to bandland! Glad to hear you are doing good. Yes, I think everyone goes through being afraid to try things, but just do it and you will be fine.

Okay all...I start my 24 hours of liquids tommorow morning then nothing after midnight....surgery Thursday at 11:00......I have stocked up on gas x, liquid tylenol, a heating pad and liquid Vitamins. Also already picked up pain med and nausea med....packed and loaded.....

Glad you are all doing well for the most part, for those of you not feeling too well, please take it easy and follow doc's instructions. I will post once I return home on Friday and let you all know how my surgery went....

See ya Friday!!