Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi, Shamrocks! I'm checking back in again after lurking a little. It seems we're all making progress (some faster than others), and that's great. Don't get discouraged if you feel like you're backsliding -- we can do this together! :thumbup: Okay, enough cheerleading for a second. (Boy, if you knew me, you'd never think cheerleader!)

Here's my NSV: I survived a weeklong trip to Canada for a training course where I'd be with people all day and part of each evening. It was me plus 5 guys, and they made me eat and drink like a man (and yes, Fenton, I enjoyed it). Steaks, Bloody Caesars (like a Bloody Mary but with Clamato juice :frown:), scotch, and even cheesecake one night. I truly don't think I've eaten so much meat in one week ever! Beef every single day. I did my drinking before dinner (or much later), focused on my Protein, small bites, and chewing. I ate much slower than everyone, but they attributed that to my gender. (They don't know about the band.) Only one minor PB incident when I tried to eat an early morning bite of quiche -- I must not have been awake enough to realize I hadn't chewed it fully, but at least I wasn't with people at the time.

My SV: I went in for a fill today and found out that I'm now merely 'Obese'. YAY! :biggrin2:

Chica, what the hell does "drink like a man" mean? We use our mouths.

Plus I thought the puking emoticon after the Clamato juice, while probably honest, was a little over the top...

It actually sounds like a really great trip.

And congrats on becoming Obese! I hope someday to be Morbidly Obese - I know it'll take work, but, mark my words, I'll get there in the end!

Chica, what the hell does "drink like a man" mean? We use our mouths.

Plus I thought the puking emoticon after the Clamato juice, while probably honest, was a little over the top...

Fenton, I've never had scotch drinking with girlfriends, only with men. And that's not a puking emoticon -- it's drooling!! Bloody Caesars are quite delicious...

And at the rate you're going, you'll be morbidly obese in no time flat! :lol:

Awww, bless you!

Weighed in today - one step closer to Morbid Obesity!

Just five more pounds to go...

Edited by Fenton

just checking in. I see wonderful things happening for everyone. this is great. I have been feeling so much better that I am finding that I am beginning to get an appetite...:lol:.... and I think that I am able to eat quite a bit. I will be going in on Friday and get the right fill. before, i believe since I wasn't feeling well over the months that I did not have any appetite, well maybe just a little. Anyway, I will be on my fourth fill. I live approx. three to four hours from my fill doctor so I really want to get the right restriction this time because gas is so darn expensive. I am country girl with a full size dodge RAM1500 V8 4x4, who loves her truck, and having a hard time down sizing....:lol:

I can't wait till the summer starts to kick in. lol. our summer don't start until august, september, that's the Olympic Peninsula for you, I mean for ME. I am so excited to hear everyones happy summer stories. I'm already hearing about all the vacationing people are doing and feeling great about it. that is so wonderful. great job to everyone...

Hi Shamrocks!

Just checking in. I've been out of the loop for a while - off teaching in the Outback with very, very sporadic internet access. One of the benefits of living in Australia!

Anyhoo, in other news, I've started a blog (but refuse to call myself a BLOGGER) and I'm hoping to update almost every day. It's going to track the trials and tribulations of weight loss, and being a bander. At least, from my point of view. So if you're keen, check it out!

Congratulations to all the AMAZING shrinking shamrocks, we are kicking a$$ and taking names! We are taking our health in our hands and doing ourselves a favour. Shamrock pride!

Much love,

Annie x

Awww, bless you!

Weighed in today - one step closer to Morbid Obesity!

Just five more pounds to go...

Fenton - WOW!

Ten whole points off your BMI!

Brilliant!

Good going, Band Buddy! Although I feel that my 16kg loss pales in comparison to yours, considering we were banded on the same day. Ah well, each to their own! Still trying to track your book down in one of my local bookshops, if I can't find it in the next week then I'm just hitting Amazon. It always takes so long to get to me, which is why it's the last resort. Cheers!

Long time no write. Sorry.

I went on a (too) short golf vacation in Naples, FL & returned last night. I left the same day (5/30) I received my second fill .3cc's. I now have 1.8 cc in my 4cc band. I haven't really noticed any difference yet.

My Dr has a 6 week fill policy. His rational is pushing fills too quick leads to problems(erosions/slips). I talked with him about this and he agreed to 5 weeks for me. Not good but better.

Insist on talking with your Dr, not just the staff. Present yourself at the office or do not take no for an answer on the phone. Get an appointment. Write a list of concerns/questions for the Dr so you don't forget. The Dr gets paid the same for all office appointments so he is not losing money speaking with you. If the office staff doesn't give you an appointment write a letter to the Dr with your concerns requesting his response as the office staff will not make you an appointment. Squeaky wheel and all...

I have found a new mantra:

Am I trading what I want most for what I want at the moment?

Weather it is more/high calorie food or vegging/watching TV and not exercising.

Well I got my second fill yesterday and boy did I need it . I gained 4.5 lbs. If I had waited and gained more I more that likely would have been to embarrassed to go back . I'm my own worst enemy .

mscathyl, I too am my own worst enemy. I have to log on here to keep myself in the right weightloss state of mind. People are all too quick lately to tell me stories about "so and so who was banded and only lost 40 pounds, etc" I refuse to go through all of this for 40 pounds.

Starting tomorrow I am really pushing to get below 240. I was going to type 250, but that is way too close. To do it I will have to watch every bite and start excersizing more often....and not just a walk around the park or a bike ride with the kids. I must elevate my heart rate to the zone prescribed by my cardiologist and I must do it at least 4 times a week.

Feel free to hold me accountable....If I whine about the scale, ask if I'm excersizing.

Christine

Well I got my second fill yesterday and boy did I need it . I gained 4.5 lbs. If I had waited and gained more I more that likely would have been to embarrassed to go back . I'm my own worst enemy .

ms cathy don't beat yourselfup over it....good thatyou got the fill now need to concentrate on utiizing the band for your success. I'm 3 months out and I'm just starting to understand the band. I have my 4th fill tomorrow...I have 5cc in my 10 cc band....feel restriction but need a little more. Almost at my perfect spot. Am able to make good choices at the times I'm hungry and that's a big step for me.... you'll be just fine....tomorrow is always a new day

sharon;):angry:

Fenton and Chica, those are really, really great numbers. Today my BMI dropped below 40! 4 more lbs and I'll be under 200 for the first time in about 6 years. I can't believe it! I'm still struggling with eating right but I've exercised a lot this week. In fact, I think I was so sweaty yesterday that I shorted my ear buds out! I got online today and ordered a sport version! For most people, that much sweat would mean a butt-kicking workout, but in southeast Texas you can get that standing still.

BIG DAY....HUGE, JUST HUGE....and I'm home alone with no one to Celebrate with me......

I'M IN ONDERLAND.......for the first time in about ten years, I'm under 200 pounds!! 198 this morning!!!

Sigh, it sure feels good!

Think I'll Celebrate with a yoplait!