Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts TT, BL, Lipo & BA

Karey !! I am so glad that you made it hon!!

I am sorry that you are in so much pain, it seems to be worse with the MR than without, I hope that it eases off soon.

I dont know about the bleeding from the drains, I had a terrible amount of watery blood that leaked from one of my Lipo spots on my back, they laid me on a big pad thing and had to change it every 1/2 hour to start with, but after a day it stopped.Dya think it could be something similar, rather than thick blood? I knwo what I mean!!LOL

Sorry that I cant be more help, but I am really happy that you have joined us on the other side!!!

love and gentle healing (((hugs)))

Nina x

Do you do the embroidery by hand or do you have an embroidery machine?

Glad you seem to be doing okay other than the drains. Hopefully that is just a normal thing. I really have no idea on that score.

I will keep you in my prayers.

My son is getting married in November and I need to think of something to do. I want what I do to be for both of them but I want it more toward a masculine bent.

I am currently on my liquid diet so I have a long way to go before I get to where you are.

Nurseamy, are the pictures of you before you started anything and then after PS?

T

Nina: I think your right that some of the blood is coming from the Lipo incisions. The muscle repair is where most of the pain is coming from, besides the lipo which is alot more painful than I thought it would be. Today I feel a little better, can stand a little straighter. I'm not questioning my decision to get this all done. IT is a hard process! You're lucky you didn't get the drains, but they don't bother me too much. Here's a picuture with the drains:post-235123-13813137140684_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813136647417_thumb.jpg

Okay looking at this picture, my breast look really large, but there is a lot padding in the support bra. I don't think there going to be that large, but I haven't had the big unveiling yet! My stomach looks flat, but I can't really tell that yet either. It's pretty much a painful miracle!

TexasT: I can do machine and hand embrodiery, but on the quilt, I'm doing it all by hand. I like the jean quilt because they can use it for picnics, etc or as a bedspread. My DD and her finance will be living in an apartment so I didn't want to make a quilt for their bed until they know more what style and color they want. Good luck on the liquid diet!

OMG DRAINS! I hated the drains!

You look awesome, I take it you did the implants, LOL, they do look huge!

Day at a time girlie!

Karey, you look fabulous (and flat!! - errrr not your chest :blink:)

i thank god everyday for Dr Pollock and no drains.. i think i would have wanted to hang myself with them after a couple of hours!!! i was about to rip my pain pump out after a day...

Look at you Karey - smiling !!! :blink:

I did NOT smile while I had the drains - in fact, I didn't even think about smiling while I had the drains . . . How many do you have ???

You look great !!!

Karey:

You and the "girls" look great. If I end up going the plastics route I'm gonna buy some boobs!

Heal well, and rest up to make the healing quicker.

Congratulations and take care.

Sue

I have 5 drains, plus the pain pump. I don't really mind the drains. Went back to PS today. He said that everything looks good. I found out that I don't have the anchor line (center line with the breast lift). When he put the implant it, the breast lift enough and the bottom of the breast had alot of volume, so I only have the suture line around the areola and under the breasts. They really aren't that big (I got a peek today) without all the padding they have around them. I'm going to try and take a shower today. Putting the compression garment on looks a little tricky, but I guess my DH and I will figure it all out. I'm feeling very emotional today. Just a little exhausted and in pain, but also very happy. I think it's going to look good. I'm just thinking about the whole journey of loosing the weight. How much work its been. How strong I've gotten, emotionally and physically. I think that the lapband surgery was harder in a lot of ways. I no longer have the pulmonary hypertension, the diabetes or all the mental baggage that goes with being overweight. I think that all the exercise that I've done in the last year has really paid off. Even though the MR is extremely painful, I can do squats and get around pretty good. Maybe I've already mentioned this, I'm a little drugged out. Anyway, I feel like I'm a different person both physically and mentally than I was 1 1/2 years ago. I'm still the same person in my basic personality and interests, but I'm tougher and more goal oriented. I've learned to put myself first and to take care of myself. My relationship to food has changed. I not as much of an emotionally eater. I don't eat out of boredom, etc. I love the lapband. I wish more people could understand how much better their lives could be with it. I still think of myself as a big girl, but I'm started to get a better or more realistic idea of my physical size. I figure when this is all done, I'll have made the 100 pounds lost club. Quite a journey....

Karey - congrats, you look great. You are so right - it is a very emotional journey. Glad your doing so well. Get some good rest