Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts TT, BL, Lipo & BA

Can't believe this day has finally arrived! In less than two weeks, I'm going to have a Tummy Tuck, breast lift with augmentation and Lipo. I think I was 20 shades of red today when I had to get my before pictures. :wub:Then the nurse called to say that my front shot didn't turn out well and to please come back in the next few days and do a retake! :scared2:Oh, bother! I have such mixed feelings. I still expect the PS to call and tell me that maybe I should lose a few more pounds first. I can't believe how much shame I still have in my body. I wonder when you get over this?! I think I had to sign about 30 different places for consent and possible complications. Reading everything that could happen is enough to make you want to run right out of the office!:tongue: I remember that I felt the same way before my lapband surgery, so, I'm hoping that it's just pre-surgery jitters! Trying to picture what I'll look like afterwards is really hard. I keep grabbing my stomach and trying to picture it smooth and lumpless! Okay, that's hard to do! I couldn't decide if I should have the breast augmentation and at first the nurse tried to talk me out of it, saying that I would just be smaller and perky. I was ready to accept her opinion, but then she said, after closer inspection that she thought I should get the augmentation. It's hard to know when you don't get to talk to your surgeon about it. I've seen him twice, but the augmentation is more of a last minute thing. I just hope I made the right decision. It's all very nerve wracking. I'm trying to put a positive spin on all this, because I really have a bad case of the nerves! I want to share my journey with anyone who wants to come along. I will post before shots with my after shots. Love to have you join me on this adventure! Wahoo!:cursing:

Karey, How tall are you?

Wohoo can't wait to see the rest of your transformation!!! Just think how mush more beautiful your going to be without the extra tummy skin... Sigh, I hope I too can have a TT and breast lift when I lose enough....

Shalee: I'm 5'6".

I'm starting to have second thoughts AGAIN, about the augmentation. Thinking about all the possible complications. Maybe at 53, I don't need to worry. I should be happy for them to stand upright, instead of lying down. LOL. I may call the doctor tomorrow and cancel the augmentation and just go for the breast lift. I don't know why the decision is so hard for me.

Congrats!!!! I can't wait to take this journey with you!!!!

May I ask: Are these procedures covered by insurance? How long did it take you to reach your goal?

Karey:

You go girl! I hope to have Tummy Tuck some day too. I'm still a long way from goal though.

I will keep an eye on this posting to see your progress.

You're already a very pretty woman. You're probably going to be a knockout when you're all done.

Take care.

Sue

Thanks everyone! It took me 15 months to lose the weight. I would still like to lose 15 pounds. The doctor said I will lose about 10 pounds with this procedure. He says that I need to have my back side done also and I could have my arms done at the same time. Not sure if I will or not. I'll see how I do with these procedures. I'm also self pay, don't know if I want to spend my children's inheritance on it!

Karey,

oh damn, i cant even imagine doing those pics again. brutal!! :)

yeah, those 'concent' forms are quite scary to read... mine came in a 'book' of sorts. initial here, sign there. do you want a blood transfusion if you need it, etc... :biggrin::eek::redface:

i cant believe we're getting so close!!

what's the verdict on the girls?

Okay, I went back had my pictures retaken (GRRR) and talked to the surgeon again. He showed what size I would be with a lift only. It looked like about a B. He concurred that I would look more in portion with implants, so I'm going to stop second guessing everything and go for it! Implants, the whole works, here I come!

Okay, I went back had my pictures retaken (GRRR) and talked to the surgeon again. He showed what size I would be with a lift only. It looked like about a B. He concurred that I would look more in portion with implants, so I'm going to stop second guessing everything and go for it! Implants, the whole works, here I come!

Look out world, Here comes the New Miss Karey!! WOHOOOOO

Your going to look marvelous!!!:biggrin2:

Karey, I know you've probably already posted before, but what size are you now, before implants? I have NO regrets of not getting the implants, like I've said before, I had so much to work with and do wish they were smaller, but since I didn't have my nipples removed again, (2nd reduction), my doctor was limited as to how small he could go without moving the nipples and taking a chance of me losing feeling or sensation.

I hated the picture part...YUK!