Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts TT, BL, Lipo & BA

karey,

i am so very proud of you! i agree that (this sounds crazy cause we KNOW what the more complex surgery is...) the lap band surgery is more difficult.

we weigh more, more than likely we are not in good shape, etc...

this is a very emotional journey.... i've cried more in the past week than i have in the past month thats for sure.

you look simply amazing! :tongue:

I think that the drains stay in until they stop draining. Usually 10 to 14 days. We will see and I'll let you know when they come out. I'm taking off 3 weeks but my husband and I have our own business, so I have that luxury. Will probably handle some things from home. Not really up for much yet, but I do feel a little less painful when getting up and down. Had my first shower, what an ordeal! Getting the drains out the crouch of the compression garment, keeping them in order, etc. Then getting the garment back on. It could have been a comedy movie, if I wasn't shaking and in pain. It was pretty funny though. Got my first look at everything and it looked pretty good. I think it's going to be worth it!

GLad to hear. That first shower was a doosey for me too. Not being able to stand straight, I got tired very quickly.

Karey, I'm so glad you are doing well and seem to have a sense of humor also. I can only imagine the emotional trip you have gone through, and that I guess I am about to embark on.

Since I read your story I have read some of the others and I can't say how much I admire everyone. I really really do appreciate your willingness to share so much of yourselves. I'm sure it is a help to you, but it is really a help, encouragement and inspiration to those of us just starting.

Ty

Karey, you look fantastic AND smiling! I am so glad all went well!

Thanks again for all the well wishes! Mimin: See you checked up on me and that your still losing weight! Way to go! I'm doing pretty good today. The muscle repair is the pitts. I'm standing straighter every day, but getting up and down is difficult experience. Who knows tomorrow I may get wild and put on some clothes!

LOL Karey,

i know ... i remember i felt very 'brave' putting some real clothes on... jeans and i think it lasted about 3 minutes (enuff time for me to snap a picture)...

you sound like you are doing well! :lol:

Well it's the little things that you appreciate when your recovering from something. Hadn't had a bowel movement in 6 days and today I did! Happy Days! Wasn't sure how it would feel on the ab muscles, but it all came out well. So to speak! Like I said, not having a lot of mental stimulation right now. Bruises are just beginning to pop out all over the Lipo areas. Not sure why it took so long. I think that the Arnica and Bromelain probably has really helped. Can stand up better today. My back is really swollen and I can't feel my ribs, which feels like a step backwards. I use to make my DH feel my rib cage and tell me he could feel the bones. I took a lot of pleasure it that simple, miraculous fact. Oh well, hopefully won't be too long until I feel them again.

yay Karey... ya poo'd ... **grin**

LOL ... that's actually a huge accomplishment!

sorry your swelling and bruising. what kind of compression garment are you in? is it a binder or something else? my swelling finally started goign down when i took off my binder and started wearing my other garment (under the girls to mid-thigh).

how is your pain level going? any itchies yet? hopefully you can avoid that step!! IMO, that's the worst of it. you getting around OK? in/out of bed any better?

C

Karey, you look fantastic. What a great, positive attitude you have, you are such an inspiration to everyone. After reading your (and others) stories, I think I will be jumping on the band wagon when my time comes.

Wasn't sure about the ladies...esp. living in CA where others outside the state think everyone here is 'fake', didn't know if I wanted to join that club.

But I feel (as you do) that I've deserved to look the best I can when my journey is done.

Best of luck and keep up your great spirits!!

-Becky

Showering was the worst for me as well. It just didn't feel right not having the binder garments on. Like everything was going to fall out or something. I found it was much easier if I wrapped my stomach in an ace bandage (correction my DH wrapped me up) before I showered then removed it only for the last couple minutes before getting out.

Ghost: Wrapping in an ace bandage is an interesting idea. Day was another shower day and it was easier, but with the 5 drains and these foam pieces that my doctor wants put back into the compression garment, it's quite the experience. My poor husband puts on a bathing suit to help me in the shower (which you've got to admit is pretty darn cute) and before I'm all put back together, they've both broken a sweat and I've got the shakes. I know it will get better and I already know that I can give myself a shower when the drains come out. Keep telling myself that patience is a virtue!

My poor husband puts on a bathing suit to help me in the shower (which you've got to admit is pretty darn cute)

:blushing: That's so sweet.