Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts TT, BL, Lipo & BA

A friend of mine on a local band group just posted the quote below and it seemed to sum up what I've been thinking about your friend.

"Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option"

I know I have fallen into that trap treating everyone around me as a priority wether or not they thought of me us as little more than an afterthought. Then as I've lost the weight I've begun to realize I deserve better than that and am no longer satisfied to be treated as a second class friend or wife. This has unfortunately caused some definite turmoil in some of my relationships. But to be completely frank it was turmoil that was long overdue. No matter what I weigh now or in the past I deserve to be treated equally as well as I treat others and so do you.

StephC: I'm glad your friend rallied. I haven't heard another word from my friend and don't expect to for a while. The bridal shower is April 12th, so unless she decides to cancel it, I guess we'll have to talk in a while.

Ghost: I love that saying and I'm going to write it in my favorite sayings book right now. I didn't tell very many people about my surgery, but I've been surprised by who has been there for me and who hasn't. Not sure it's totally accurate to judge how good a friend they are by that, because I think that some people react differently to illness, etc, but it has certainly made me think. Also, has made me think about what I will do in the future when someone I care about is ill or has surgery. It's all good. The universe continues to teach and hopefully I learn.

Today I got my last 2 drains out. It feels great. Now I can wear regular clothes without the tubes sticking out and the drains causing bumps. Didn't hurt much either. Went out to lunch today. I think I'm going to survive this after all. LOL! I'm attaching a picture of the skin they took off. I asked my PS to take a picture because I was curious and because I remember when I had to have my uterus removed that I felt a big loss. Now, I can't say I feel sad about losing this skin, at all. But I still wanted to see it. It (the skin) did a lot for me. As in helping me to carrying 4 children. Don't think I'm too weird but here it is! post-214709-13813137232252_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813136711626_thumb.jpeg

oh geesh Karey - thats just weird!

LOL just kidding! it is gross tho. I can't wait to have my hunk of chunk cut off!

I was a size 10 before the surgery. The 10's are loose but I haven't been shopping yet. My doc said the the final size can take up to 6 months, but around 3 months the Lipo swelling should be all down. Plus I still want to lose another 10 pounds. I'm confident that I'll be at least an 8, but maybe a 6 when it's all said and down. I really am starting to get jazzed about what can be done with plastic surgery. I feel like I have a new lease on life. It's like a miracle. Will try and post some after pictures tomorrow.

Karey, that is wonderful. I started in a size 24 and now I'm a size 16W. My goal was a size 16. I am 10 lbs away from PS. I have no idea what size I will be when my pannus is removed! This is so exciting!

Karey, how tall are you. You sound about my size. I'm 165 and a 10. I went walking with my neice tonight and I was telling her I'm addicted to those before and after pics of tt's. I keep trying to find the one who is my size and hope my surgery comes out that good.

Karey,

thats so cool! my doc looked at me like i was crazy when i asked him to take pics... lucky you!!

bet it feels so much better to be without those drains!

I was a size 10 before the surgery. The 10's are loose but I haven't been shopping yet. My doc said the the final size can take up to 6 months, but around 3 months the Lipo swelling should be all down. Plus I still want to lose another 10 pounds. I'm confident that I'll be at least an 8, but maybe a 6 when it's all said and down. I really am starting to get jazzed about what can be done with plastic surgery. I feel like I have a new lease on life. It's like a miracle. Will try and post some after pictures tomorrow.

Yours and my stats are almost the same. I can't wait to finish my journey of weight loss and hopefully TT and breast lift..

Congratulations!! and I bet you feel 100% better with just the drains out....

Edited by Shalee04
spelling

Karey, you are taller then me. I'm only 5'3" and right now I'm 165, so I have more on me then you did when you had your ps. I'm really trying to lose 10 lbs before the surgery, that will put me 10 lbs from the "normal" bmi. I started at 231 and a 40 bmi, and I'm thrilled with my band. I can't wait for the Tummy Tuck, I'll be thrilled with it too. I go for a fill today so hopefully that'll kick me in the butt and get me started losing again. I just noticed yesterday that it had been 6 months since my last fill, and I've lost 20 lbs. Not a whole lot but enough to make me know that even without trying my band has been doing the work.