Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you cheat on pre-op liquid diet

Did you cheat on liquid diet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did you cheat on liquid diet

• No, I didn't cheat at all
    • Yes, I cheated but ate healthy foods
    • Yes, I cheated and ate everything in sight
    • Yes, I cheated so bad they cancelled my surgery

Tom, You will find that your pre-op diet will help you post-op stay on track with the pitiful little you get to eat. You aren't going to want to eat more because once the weight starts coming off it will be one of the motivational tools that helps you stick to your Dr's eating plan. I was banded 2/15/08 and have lost 18 pounds the first month! It's not going to come off that fast next monts but at least I'll never have to lose that same weight again. Good luck tomorrow, my friend, you're going to do it!

Blessings,

Update: Just got back from my nutrition appt. I lost 10 lbs, I was hoping for more, but I'll take anything that isn't a gain! Even with the little bit of cheating I did I lost the 10lbs. But it has given me the incentive to be REALLY good on my last two weeks before surgery on the Unjury, I could lose even more if I stick to the liquid 100%! I can't wait One month til surgery, April 18th 10:30 a.m!!! SO EXCITED!

I bought the Optifast then freaked out as I thought I would never be able to eat again! So I pigged out and actually gained weight instead of losing it! I totally regret it cuz it's nice to start out with the band with some preband weight loss and I had none. But no regrets, you have to do what is right for you.

Well this is my 7th day of liquids my surgery is schedulaed fo march 26th at 9am i havent cheated and dont plan to but it is very hard not eating especially when the only thing stopping you is YOU!! And i agrre it is more mental i havent felt hungry really the popsicles do help , but its in my mind that i want the bad stuff i keep telling myself " food is not my friend " whatever it takes to keep you on the right path ! good luck to all, i cant wait for my surgery !!:)

I am starting my pre-op diet tomorrow. I have to lose 5 lbs in one week. I'm nervous that I will be tempted to cheat especially if I have to cook for my family. I know I can do it because this is sooo important to me.

I'm on day three of my pre-op diet and have been struggling already. Yesterday I had to go grocrery shopping and talked myself into and out of a hamburger about ten times. I told my wife that night that I am no longer going to the grocery store by myself. My nutritionist talked about avoiding, "food triggers." I guess the grocery store is one, because I used to go get a burger after grocery shopping in the past.

I've been reading the various pre-op diets various folks are on and most of them seem much less restrictive than mine. All I get is four Protein drinks a day and two Protein Bars. Total calories per day is only 660. I did cheat a little this morning with two scrambled eggs, because I woke up feeling sick. I don't feel really torn up about it, but I am a little bummed, because I wanted to be able to say I passed the pre-op diet with no cheating.

10lbs lost in three days...that seems like a lot

I will have Dr. Geiss do mine. Anything I should know about him? How hard do you find it and have you had any problems with the surgery?-Elisa

I am scheduled for surgery 4/17/08 so I will start the pre opt in a few weeks. I'm so afraid that I will cheat because I didn't get this big from not cheating on all of the other diets I have been on in my life. I need all of the suggestions on how to get through this.

Thanks

I'm on day five of my pre-op diet...quite pleased to say that I havent cheated. Doing full on liquid diet get up to 5 shakes a day...all the Water and sugar free koolaide and crystal light...woooo hooo!! I can only handle about 2 shakes a day...they kinda make me gag...LOL!! So, I feel everyone's pain!! My surgery date is 3/28 and it cant get here soon enough!! Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Scorpioqt

Day 10 preop diet- Still free from cheating and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Doctoring up the shakes really help a lot. The unjury chicken Soup if off the cha-heezee so it definitely helps balance all the sweet stuff. Don't know an exact amount that I've lost but I've been able to fit into an outfit that I was saving for graduation day. Now I will have to shop again because by then I know I will have lost more weight, and it won't fit at all. So it has been a very worthwile effort to stick to the preop for me.

I have not cheated (although I have 5 days to go...am on day 8) EXCEPT that I have had a glass of wine a couple of nights and one night I had a couple of drinks (vodka w/diet cranberry). Supposed to be 3-5 protien shakes per day.

My banding is scheduled for 3/27 as long as my stress testing comes out okay. sleep study tonight!

weight.png

I am on day 9 of my pre-op diet, which is 5 slim fast shakes a day. The only solid that has passed these lips is SWISS CHARD!!! I have never had it before and thought I just wanted a little bite and ended up eating about a half cup. I guess it wasn't a terrible thing to cheat with but a pretty weird thing to have!!

what in the world is a swiss chard????

I am on day 9 of my pre-op diet, which is 5 slim fast shakes a day. The only solid that has passed these lips is SWISS CHARD!!! I have never had it before and thought I just wanted a little bite and ended up eating about a half cup. I guess it wasn't a terrible thing to cheat with but a pretty weird thing to have!!

Well this is my 7th day of liquids my surgery is schedulaed fo march 26th at 9am i havent cheated and dont plan to but it is very hard not eating especially when the only thing stopping you is YOU!! And i agrre it is more mental i havent felt hungry really the popsicles do help , but its in my mind that i want the bad stuff i keep telling myself " food is not my friend " whatever it takes to keep you on the right path ! good luck to all, i cant wait for my surgery !!:wub:

Hi Sherry I'm also being banded on 26 March, at 2pm but I'm in the UK so we could be under the knife at the same time! I haven't cheated either, though I am really missing solid food! I thought I would miss chocolate, but it's savoury stuff I want to eat - fish pie, spaghetti bolognaise etc.

Good luck for next Wednesday

Debbie