Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Joannmarie, Thank you for your support and encourgment. Tomorrow will be my new beginning. I just called to see if our passes are open yet and they are not, but hoping by 11am they will be.

I will be back after my lapband.........Thanks again

Rosie

Good luck with the roads MaRosie. The surgery will go fine. The amount of weight loss is not as important as the new health body. I am off bp meds and cholesterol meds. My legs don't ache and I can sleep at night without a cpap and uninterrupted. It's a new, better life. You will be on your way.

Joannmarie, Thank you for your support and encourgment. Tomorrow will be my new beginning. I just called to see if our passes are open yet and they are not, but hoping by 11am they will be.

I will be back after my lapband.........Thanks again, Rosie

We'll all be waiting to hear how it all went!

Hi everyone,

I'm now almost three weeks after my 2nd fill (Total of 4 CC's) Doing much better. The last three days I have been able to drink my 8 glasses of fluids and eating much better.

NOW I know what restriction really is. Lost about 6-7 lbs the first week, now down 10lbs sents the 2nd fill for a total of 40 lbs down. Feels good to break into the 40's.

Doing better each day learning what Band is telling me.

I am Burbing a lot, but no vomiting. My nurse said it was called Productive Burbing. In most cases it's telling you the new poutch is full. Do different people explain it differently?

Finally feeling better about my newer fill.

Don

Hi Don,

I was banded in Oct. and have lost 25 pounds, i have had 3 fills and only have 3.50 CC, my Dr. only puts about 1cc in at a time, I think I will go back for another fill in a few weeks, certain foods i eat really makes me burb, and some times I do throw up a little, I feel like I am choking, I'm so proud of you and the weight loss, keep up the good work.

God Bless

Betty

Hi Everyone

It's been a few weeks since I last posted. I dislocated my right shoulder on Feb. 28th and typing was difficult, and reaching for the computer mouse.

I hope everyone is doing well.

:welldoneclap: I am thrilled to say that I have now lost 120 pounds, and am 40 pounds from my goal. :grouphug:

Happy Easter everyone!

WOW! I am so proud of you. 120 lbs is a whole person. It must feel wonderful not to carry around an adult person all time. I hope the shoulder is healing nicely now.

Hi Don,

I was banded in Oct. and have lost 25 pounds, i have had 3 fills and only have 3.50 CC, my Dr. only puts about 1cc in at a time, I think I will go back for another fill in a few weeks, certain foods i eat really makes me burb, and some times I do throw up a little, I feel like I am choking, I'm so proud of you and the weight loss, keep up the good work.

God Bless

Betty

Thank you Betty very much,

The first fill was 3 cc's and did not really feel like I had a fill, but I still lost weight. The 2nd fill was 1 cc and that was the "tight" one. It was sooo tight that I felt like it was too tight, but called the nurse the next day, she told me that what I felt was normal. One week later it still felt like it was still TOO tight and called her again. She gave me some encouragement and still said I was doing just fine. Now about three weeks sence the 2nd fill I can see a very good improvement and am "ok" with it.

Wow, what a road traveled to get this far. I'm feeling again that this is all worth it.

Don

Hi everyone. I was banded on March 31st and to tell you the truth I am not doing all that well. I am not hungry, but hurt and feel sick. like the flu or something. My eyes swelled shut and just yesterday they opened to slits..... I have lots of diaherra, which I hope is normal. I know that they said that they nicked my liver and had to stich and glue it so maybe that is why I am feeling like I am. but it's been 5 days now and I still feel like shit. Has anyone else had this problem? Well i will keep you posted, this is a great place to reach out.

I do have a question, when I post I go to quick post reply, but I am not sure this is the right place for me to post. Do I post and reply in the same place? and what is Go Advanced? I still haven't gotten this all down. When I feel better i will try and post a pic and also a ticker.

Hugs to all

Rosie

To me knicking the liver is very serious and after 5 days, you should be going to the emergency at your hospital. Scarey.

To me knicking the liver is very serious and after 5 days, you should be going to the emergency at your hospital. Scarey.

I agree... you should be feeling better than that. I think an ER visit is appropriate at this point. Nicking the liver is quite serious.

I also agree. You should seek the advise of your doctor. Have you tried calling his office and explaining the issues you are having. Perhaps they will have you come in, or advise you to go to the emergency room. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

MaRosie,

You problems seem too much to me too. Please see your doctor. If your doctor is not helpful or the staff won't connect you with the doctor please consult your regular doctor.

Hi all, thanks for the advice..I can see somewhat better now, eyes are open so I hope my spelling is better. I don't really feel better, but I guess I am getting better, I don't hurt as much but still feel week and sick. I know I am doing to much sleeping but i just can't stay up long or move around much.

My lap band doctor is 3 hrs a way, but I go in to see him on the 9the, thursday and I am hoping all is well. I am going to call my doc. today as I need to go over my meds with her.

I will post later with more info. I love reading everyone's stories and the weight they have lost. I did get on the computer for a few Min yesterday and read some horror's stories....but I am hoping not to be one of them. Thanks again for all your input, I will keep you up dated.

Hugs, Rosie

Just checking in, well I am really feeling better, still alittle week but got it together, except.....what do you all eat after your surgery? I am living on broth, Jello and Water, is there anything else we can have? I get a high just off of smelling foods. I am not hungrey, but I crave a different taste. If anyone knows something else PLEASE let me know asap.

Have a good one. Hugs Rosie

PS I hope everyone is doing great and losing pounds!!!