Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Minnesota Folks

Ericsmom

I am haveing my surgery Tuesday Feb. 13th with Medlin I will let you know how things go.

Terry

Terry: congratulations on your surgery. And good luck!! Hope all goes well for you, you will be in my thoughts and prayers! :confused:

Welcome, Kim-

I'm just down the street from you in Blaine, and I teach in Andover. There are Minnesotan's lurking, we must all just be quiet :confused:

Blessings to you!

Jon

Hello Jon

Thanks for the welcome!! I drive thru blaine every day on my way to work, so Ill wave the next time I go by, Ok? Have a great day!

Hi Kim

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Lederer and his staff. Had my surgery a yr ago and would do it again in a heartbeat. Everyone is very supportive and great to work with!

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to post today. I was banded on December 9th and as of this morning I have lost 44 pounds! What a wonderful birthday present! Have a great day everyone.:clap2:

Hello Everyone !!

I am 1 wk post-op and starting to feel a lot better the first couple of days were pretty tough getting any thing down and the suppositories for nausea and the self given shots to prevent blood clots sucked :angry but the swelling went down and I feel better each day. I am starting to eat mushies now and it is going well.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers

Terry

Congrats! Great start! it only gets better from here. I have had a ball this past year. When i first started i had fun shopping "in the back of my closet". Now there is nothing left. Every Wow! I can wear that now or Wow my knees don't hurt as much has been a joy. Enjoy the trip!

Hey guys! I used to browse through the threads...I haven't been here in a long time...I'm seeing a doc in Duluth, I'm from the Range, and I was banded on June 16, 2005. All has been well basically the entire time, until recenly when I got sick...I threw up violently many times, which KILLED on my stomach. I recommend anyone who gets sick or feels nausea coming on....get your band emptied right away. Now all of a sudden I have no restriction at all. I don't know why yet, if it's slipped, or eroded, or if I have a dialated pouch. It's crazy because I have 5.2 in my band, and I guess typically you shouldn't have more than 5 in a size 10 band. So to not have any restriction all of a sudden is scaring me. I'm supposed to go to Duluth on Friday for an upper GI, but we are expecting a mega snow storm, so I'm trying to reschedule for early next week. The bad part is no restriction, and the old habits don't take long to resurface...and I tell you, it's like I missed food, and I'm trying like a competition to see if I can taste one of everything that I've missed....it's not good. Time for some self control, and prayer. Just felt the need to vent to people who would understand! Thanks for listening!!! :()

Jlynn, I understand completely. I know I need to see a dr but can't. I have restriction but strange acid reflux - I sometimes throw up stomach acid when sleeping (gross, huh). But finding a dr who understands the band, my anti-malaria meds, etc is difficult. There isn't one on this continent that I can find. But thanks for reminding me - I don't miss the snow storms. Good luck. Celeste

Hi,

I'm from rural Minnesota and just in here looking for some MInnesotans, been awhile since anyone has posted so I thought I would come in and say hi, would love to chat with anyone from Minnesota. I had my surgery in Morris Mn. with Dr. Fortier, I'm doing great. the band is really working for me. I had my first fill about two weeks ago down another 5 LBS. I'm happy with that. would love to hear from anyone in Mn. Let's keep the thread going................. have a great day!

Minnesotalady:)

Jlynn, I understand completely. I know I need to see a dr but can't. I have restriction but strange acid reflux - I sometimes throw up stomach acid when sleeping (gross, huh). But finding a dr who understands the band, my anti-malaria meds, etc is difficult. There isn't one on this continent that I can find. But thanks for reminding me - I don't miss the snow storms. Good luck. Celeste

Hi road queen,

I hope you are feeling better. To be so far from home is a bummer when your having problems with the band, I'm sure. I hope it's better. well we have snow in Minnesota today, and It's cold here today so you aren't missing anything. Let us know how you are doing, OK?

Minnesotalady:heh:

I know the Minnesotan's aren't keeping it going very well! I'd be surprised to hear from someone from Northeast MN. My band has overall worked very well...but now I have a mystery going...they don't know why I'm not restricted....I go back to my original Dr in Deer River to find out what the deal is....hopefully they can figure it out. I'm gaining, and very depressed. So I hope that it comes....and I hate to be so dang reliant on the thing, but if I wasn't then why did I get it? SO, I'm off my soapbox, hope everyone is doing well!!

We Minnesotans tend to be a private bunch don't we! I know there are a lot of us out here. I am a happy 14 month bandster and while they said we should go to support groups for bandsters, I am happy using this as my support group. I don't do groups well! Hope all the rest of the Minnesotans are doing well!

So where did you have your surgery at?? Great job on losing 100 pounds!

That's awesome!

Thanks! You have done well yourself! I hope you can find out what is the restriction problem- you have come a long way- focus on that!

I had mine in Minneapolis at Fairview hospital with Dr Lederer.