Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Minnesota Folks

Good luck to you both :eek: It is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I found out a co-worker at the school I work at is having the band on October 10th and he has asked if I will be his mentor. I said I'd love to and told him that his homework was to check out this site. He'll be having his surgery in Duluth, MN at St. Mary's just like I did, but with the other surgeon who is skilled in this procedure, Dr. Medland...I've heard good things about him as well. Keep us posted on your journey to lapband land...

I had my LapBand surgery with Dr. Fortier in Morris MN last Oct 11, 05. I have had one fill, then an unfill, then a fill again. I am sort of starting over due to some complications etc. Have lost about 50 lbs, 30 since banding. Have over a hundred to go. How are others doing in the area??

Hi Deb here again,

Yipee! I have gotten insurance approval. My next appointments (surgeon and dietician) are scheduled at the end of October. I'm very happy.

Congrats on the approval Deb! Keep us posted :)

Great news!

Just met with the surgeon. My surgery has been scheduled for December 6th. I am experiencing a wide range of feelings right now.

Hi I am from MN and am in the process of getting approved for the lapband just waiting for the ins. to go through. I am looking to have my surgery done in Long Prairie Mn by Dr. Fortier and I heard he is GREAT and has had no problems with any of his bands. Cant wait to hear if this is going to happen for sure life always revolves around insurance!!

Carey

hi..Iam from MN..had my surgery done in SD..I am very close to the boarder and the closest place was in Souix Falls....was just looking for other people that are from MN and had surgery in SD.....

Jenny

wow

I have been away for 2 months and I come back thinking the MN section would have fired up guess not. I was away because I gave up I couln't afford to self pay, so I gave up completely.

Since then I have been diagnosed with diabetes and confirmed my high blood pressure.

:) My insurance also just sent out a letter stating the will now cover, but not till jan07 so they told me just to get all the paper work together and we will go from there. Jan is only a month and a half away. I can't wait.

Good morning everyone!

I'm on my second day of the Fluid diet. It's really not bad at all. I keep my eye on the prize and move forward. I am scheduled for my pre-op on December 1st. I'm a bit worried. I was helping my husband take the dock in a couple of weeks ago. As I was helping my ankle got scraped pretty bad. It got infected so I went to urgent care and was given some antibiotics to take. I finished the meds and the scrape is looking much better but the scab is still there. Will this stop the surgery? Does anyone know?

Good morning everyone!

I'm on my second day of the Fluid diet. It's really not bad at all. I keep my eye on the prize and move forward. I am scheduled for my pre-op on December 1st. I'm a bit worried. I was helping my husband take the dock in a couple of weeks ago. As I was helping my ankle got scraped pretty bad. It got infected so I went to urgent care and was given some antibiotics to take. I finished the meds and the scrape is looking much better but the scab is still there. Will this stop the surgery? Does anyone know?

My surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday. Everything is in place and I'm good to go. My emotions and attention span are riding the roller coaster. I suppose that's normal. My surgery is at the Medthodist Hospital in St. Louis Park and my doctor is is Dr. Wetherall. My nurse is Carol. Anyone out there have time to talk?:D

Tigerlily, enjoy your Christamas and dream of being thin! It will happen. Jan 07. Do you have pre op dietician and psychologist to see yet? The lap band helps limit volume but we still control what goes in the mouth!!!!

Ericsmom

I found out a co-worker at the school I work at is having the band on October 10th and he has asked if I will be his mentor. I said I'd love to and told him that his homework was to check out this site. He'll be having his surgery in Duluth, MN at St. Mary's just like I did, but with the other surgeon who is skilled in this procedure, Dr. Medland...I've heard good things about him as well. Keep us posted on your journey to lapband land...

How did your co-workers surgery go? Is he a member on this forum? Would like to hear his opinion on things. I am waiting for my surgery date to be scheduled with Dr. Medlin. I live in Hayward Wi. but having surgery at St Mary's can't wait for this to happen it has been going on since July lot of hoops.

Terry

Hi Minnesotians! Ok so I'm from Pennyslvania but I was born in Big Fork and raised in Grand Rapids. Met my hubby while he was there working on the power plant and left my beloved Minnesota for a life with him. I've been gone 27 years and Pennsylvania is now home to me too. My family is still in Mn - most are in Grand Rapids area, but my sister lives near Mpls in Ham Lake. I've been lurking on your thread for a while and just wanted to say hi.