Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi all you 50's...

I was just banded in MX last week, a week ago today! IndioGirl, when you have some time, I'd love to hear how you set up your - whatever this is - with the date you were banded, the scale that says how much you lost, etc as I know I enjoy seeing that on others "sites" it's very informative.

I'm on full liquids now for the next two weeks, then what kind of food do people generally start with, I was thinking over cooked Pasta, mashed potatoes, etc Any suggestions would be a big help.

I'm pretty sure this is where I'll be posting and reading, now that I've found this area.

Thanks to whomever started the 50 thing...:smile:

kd

KD - Welcome

Here's the link that explains how to get a ticker

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/ follow the instructions on that then after that's completed you just add whatever you want to your signature box...

I am not real good at explaining how to do tech stuff - I just mess around with it till I get it and it can take a couple of tries..

On the forum page there is a thread for the diff food stages - most of our doc stress low white carb foods.

Hi all you 50's...

I was just banded in MX last week, a week ago today! IndioGirl, when you have some time, I'd love to hear how you set up your - whatever this is - with the date you were banded, the scale that says how much you lost, etc as I know I enjoy seeing that on others "sites" it's very informative.

I'm on full liquids now for the next two weeks, then what kind of food do people generally start with, I was thinking over cooked Pasta, mashed potatoes, etc Any suggestions would be a big help.

I'm pretty sure this is where I'll be posting and reading, now that I've found this area.

Thanks to whomever started the 50 thing...:smile:

kd

PBDOVE, No, no pasta and potatoes. You should be eating mushy Proteins when you get the mushy stage. Things like scrambled eggs or egg beaters, refried Beans, cottage cheese, etc. Very few of your calories should come in the forms of white carbs (things like bread, pasta and potatoes). Congrats on the band!!

Was just banded a week ago, with a 4cc band. Anyone have any experience with this? What was the amt of your first fill, second, etc? Any info would be appreciated......thanks, pb

Was just banded a week ago, with a 4cc band. Anyone have any experience with this? What was the amt of your first fill, second, etc? Any info would be appreciated......thanks, pb

PB

Some pple can go the 1st 6 months with no fill - just the band in place provides enough restriction.

As to fills every doc is diff some are aggresive some aren't and just like every doc is different in their fills - each one of us is diff with the amount of fill in our bands

I am at my sweet spot - I think I have 5 cc in and I think I have a large AP band that came out in July 07 - but you can have the same band as me - and it could take you 7 cc to feel restristion

IMHO - I never understood why pple were/are so concrened about how many cc's were in their bands - it's not like there is a magic # where they are going to be at their sweet spot It's highly individual as to the amount of fill that's needed for you..

Bottom line don't worry - you will know when you have restriction and there is no magic # and most doc's don't fill til 6 weeks out

I don't understand twitter. I looked at it, but what in the heck do you do with it.

My dad fell down and has a broken pelvis. It looks like I will be going to Arizona again sometime soon.

Guest Miss Leanne

Hello to my fellow 50+ lapbanders. I was banded in June 2003. I am an older bandster but not wiser. I have lost only 10 lbs and then gained that back. My reasons? Poor food choices, no exercise, learning ways to eat around my band. I did everything to sabotage it. (so did my husband). It was like I had this luxury car in my garage and never once took it for a drive and enjoyed the ride. I was a self pay and that didn't even motivate me. I fought cancer, lost my job to the economy, developed deep depression, and lost and gained weight throughout my band. My doctor gave up on me because I gave up on me. He wanted to take it out and move on. I have finally had it and am determined to get my life back. I have had this wonderful tool to help me all along but unfortuneately, when I went back to my doctor and begged for his help, we started with and endoscopy that showed I had not only stretched my pouch out but my esophigus as well. That's what I call cramming it in. The band has slipped slightly but will only know if xrays are taken. Again self pay and it could be taken out. We agreed that I see a counselor to get my head straight on food and attend nutrition classes and support groups. So.....hear I am starting over like when I first got the band. 2 oz only of food 3X to 5X a day with 3X Protein Drink. NO I also had my band unfilled completely. I still feel restriction but I think it is because of fat gaining around it. My goal is to get rid of reflux as I don't sleep well, get some energy back, and use this like is is suppose to be used. I want to take a ride in my new car. Point to all of this? I have taken this gift and abused it and myself. It is the same destruction of how I gained my weight. It is not too late for all of you to care for your band and your body. Things will happen if you don't. I now know that. I also now know that it is not too late for me. I need your support and prayers. Keep inspiring me with your determination and good choices.

I don't understand twitter. I looked at it, but what in the heck do you do with it.

My dad fell down and has a broken pelvis. It looks like I will be going to Arizona again sometime soon.

So sorry to hear about your dad. Be careful on your trip. I know this is hard on you especially since you are having surgery in a few weeks. Take care and stay in touch!

Leanne...........no time like the present to jump on the bandwagon and ride along with us. We have many success stories on this thread. You can get support and advice here...........and a little tough love.

Guest Miss Leanne

Hello to my fellow 50+ lapbanders.

I was banded in June 2003 so I am an older bandster but not wiser. I have lost only 10 lbs and then gained that back. My reasons? Poor food choices, no exercise, and learning ways to eat around my band. I did everything to sabotage it. (so did my husband). It was like I had this luxury car sitting in my garage and never once took it for a drive and enjoyed the ride. I was also a self pay and that didn't even motivate me. I fought cancer, lost my job to the economy, developed deep depression, and lost and gained weight throughout my band. My doctor gave up on me because I gave up. He wanted to take it out and move on. I just couldn't and suffered for years until now. I have finally had it and am determined to get my life back. I went back to my doctor and begged for his help. He said it was my head, not the band, that was the problem....ya think. He agreed so we started with and endoscopy that showed I had not only stretched my pouch a lot but my esophigus as well. That's what I call cramming it in. The band has slipped slightly but will only know if xrays are taken. Again self pay and if so, it might have to be taken out. We agreed that I see a counselor to get my head straight on food and attend nutrition classes and support groups. We are hoping my pouch will shrink back.

So.....hear I am starting over like when I first got the band. 2 oz only of food 3X to 5X a day with 3X Protein drink. NO MILK OR SUGAR. I also had my band unfilled completely. My goal is to get rid of reflux as I don't sleep well, get some energy back, and use this like it is suppose to be used.

Point to all of this? I have taken this tool and abused it and myself. It is the same destruction of how I gained my weight. Care for your band and what it is there for. Things will go wrong if you don't. I now know that. I am hoping it is not too late for me. I need your support and prayers. Keep inspiring me with your determination, your good choices, and your suggestions.

Leanne

Daisy - Hugs !!! & Prayers !!!

I haven't even looked it up (twitter) the kids told me it's suppose to be like Facebook but safer??? I already have lbt & FB don't need anything else:0)

Hello to my fellow 50+ lapbanders. I was banded in June 2003. I am an older bandster but not wiser. I have lost only 10 lbs and then gained that back. My reasons? Poor food choices, no exercise, learning ways to eat around my band. I did everything to sabotage it. (so did my husband). It was like I had this luxury car in my garage and never once took it for a drive and enjoyed the ride. I was a self pay and that didn't even motivate me. I fought cancer, lost my job to the economy, developed deep depression, and lost and gained weight throughout my band. My doctor gave up on me because I gave up on me. He wanted to take it out and move on. I have finally had it and am determined to get my life back. I have had this wonderful tool to help me all along but unfortuneately, when I went back to my doctor and begged for his help, we started with and endoscopy that showed I had not only stretched my pouch out but my esophigus as well. That's what I call cramming it in. The band has slipped slightly but will only know if xrays are taken. Again self pay and it could be taken out. We agreed that I see a counselor to get my head straight on food and attend nutrition classes and support groups. So.....hear I am starting over like when I first got the band. 2 oz only of food 3X to 5X a day with 3X Protein drink. NO I also had my band unfilled completely. I still feel restriction but I think it is because of fat gaining around it. My goal is to get rid of reflux as I don't sleep well, get some energy back, and use this like is is suppose to be used. I want to take a ride in my new car. Point to all of this? I have taken this gift and abused it and myself. It is the same destruction of how I gained my weight. It is not too late for all of you to care for your band and your body. Things will happen if you don't. I now know that. I also now know that it is not too late for me. I need your support and prayers. Keep inspiring me with your determination and good choices.

Leeann - We are here for you !!!! Welcome !!! Sounds like you do have your motivation back - good for you girl - we will help you keep it..

Edited by Oregondaisy

Hello All ! How are you guys? I had the staples took out yesterday and ,my, my, my!! I am soo glad that is over!! I also lost 7 pds. so that makes me feel a lot better! I'm still having trouble getting all my Water down, I never was a big water drinker, so I have to make a conscious effort to make sure I get it all down. Also, all those Vitamins, I have to crush some of them cause they are huge! Any ideas? I could use some help in these areas!! Thank you so much, Miss Leanne, for your post!!! As bad as you feel, and you will start to feel better if you keep hanging out here, you have really helped me for sure as well as anyone esle who reads your post! Bless your heart!! YOU CAN DO THIS !!! We are all here for you!!!

Edited by doodlebug11

Help !! My hair is getting so thin.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Will it get thick again?

2. Why is it just because I was banded it gets thin. I am eating the same amount of Protein I ate before banding and my hair never thinned out.

I read about something Long2bthin took for Hair loss. Does it keep it from falling out or does it make it grow back.?

Help !! My hair is getting so thin.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Will it get thick again?

2. Why is it just because I was banded it gets thin. I am eating the same amount of Protein I ate before banding and my hair never thinned out.

I read about something Long2bthin took for Hair loss. Does it keep it from falling out or does it make it grow back.?

I'm not sure it stopped the hair loss as I still felt I lost a lot but it did slow down. And I have lots of new growth coming in I can see under my bangs. I took Biotin, I got it al Walmart and it was cheap. I took 2 a day (there were 2 strengths I got the smaller strength and took 2). I also got some special shampoo/conditioner triple pack at Sally's Beauty supply. I think it was called NutriOx it is their version of Nioxin only much cheaper. It was Shampoo, conditioner and then a leave in treatment. I'm out of all of it now and don't seem to be losing anymore hair so haven't restocked up. Even though I read a lot about hair loss it was still freaky when it happened to me and I saw all that hair in my bathroom.

Hi all,

Had surgery a week ago monday........just a few hours ago I started feeling very bloated, hadn't had gas to this point, so I took gasX couple hrs ago, I now have a tightness in the middle of my chest - any ideas, suggestions, etc??? Seems like the band might be tight but I haven't eaten any solid food, just liquids and no cheating at all. Anyone experince something similar? is this kind of normal or not?? thanks, pb