Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Well, God love you girls! You are right, absolutely right. I think I have been sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I'm not dropping weight. Hmm...could it be that I have a few bites of this or that or a piece or 2 of chocolate everyday or the ice cream....was the weather really that cold that I couldn't get out? Oh boy, you nailed it. I WANT this weight loss and I AM doing it. Wrong choices don't lead to the right results.

I'm back to recording my food and will get the dogs out for a good walk today. I will walk 3x week and do strength training 2x week. And the ironic thing is that with all of the little treats, I can honestly say that I ate when I wasn't hungry and what I ate didn't taste all that good. Sugar is my addiction. My emotional eating isn't so bad, but once I eat sweets, I want more and eat more until, in a very short time, I am consuming rich, sweet anything I can find.

Stay close to me. I could use a few attagirls or kicks in the butt right about now.

Your success is my lifeline.

Well, God love you girls! You are right, absolutely right. I think I have been sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I'm not dropping weight. Hmm...could it be that I have a few bites of this or that or a piece or 2 of chocolate everyday or the ice cream....was the weather really that cold that I couldn't get out? Oh boy, you nailed it. I WANT this weight loss and I AM doing it. Wrong choices don't lead to the right results.

I'm back to recording my food and will get the dogs out for a good walk today. I will walk 3x week and do strength training 2x week. And the ironic thing is that with all of the little treats, I can honestly say that I ate when I wasn't hungry and what I ate didn't taste all that good. Sugar is my addiction. My emotional eating isn't so bad, but once I eat sweets, I want more and eat more until, in a very short time, I am consuming rich, sweet anything I can find.

Stay close to me. I could use a few attagirls or kicks in the butt right about now.

Your success is my lifeline.

Gypsy

I am the same way with sugar - once I start - oh boy watch out - I would (in the past) devour a whole bag of Reese's pb cups or 1 or 2 of those giant Hersey with almond candy bars.

Sugar = Heroin !!!!:wink:

Now adays when I am eating something that really doesn't taste that good as I imagine - I think to myself - is this worth the calories - in the past I never cared about the # of calories I was consuming - but now I am VERY aware - so if it really doesn't taste that good - I throw it away..

Avoidance is key for me - I don't buy the stuff so I can't eat it - Yes everytime I am in the checkout line at the stores - those candy bars are calling to me - but I just say no - 98% of the time - and when I do have a planned indulgence I buy ONE candy bar and I am not talking kingsize either - just 1 reg candy which usually has 220 calories.

Janet.........Amen! about the sugar. I have let it creep back into my diet.....hence.......no weight loss. Gotta stop it!

Well, I am off to see my DIL and new grandson. They may take him off of the ventilator today. His lungs are getting stronger. My DIL passed a kidney stone last night and is much better today. My DS has been a real trooper through this trial. So as you can see I have been turning to food for stress relief. I am having an injection put in my back tomorrow. I should be able to do more than walk if the shot works. Will check in later!

Janet.........Amen! about the sugar. I have let it creep back into my diet.....hence.......no weight loss. Gotta stop it!

Well, I am off to see my DIL and new grandson. They may take him off of the ventilator today. His lungs are getting stronger. My DIL passed a kidney stone last night and is much better today. My DS has been a real trooper through this trial. So as you can see I have been turning to food for stress relief. I am having an injection put in my back tomorrow. I should be able to do more than walk if the shot works. Will check in later!

Charlene - Hugs & Continued Prayers for family !!!!

Ya turning to sugar - it was after halloween and I had left over candy - had it put up in GS bed room so that I wouldn't eat - then started feeling sad about all that I went thru with the death of my bro - I went and got that candy - ate about 6-10 mini candy bars - thinking I deserve it cuz of all that had happend - you know what I realized (after I ate the candy - not before :confused:) it that it didn't make me feel any better - it really didn't taste as good - It didn't stop me from doing it - but gotta say at least now we are thinking more about what we put in our mouths - and that's at least a start - as long as we are taking those experiences and learning from them - which I truly beleive we are doing slowly but surely - baby steps sometime...

So the next time we have some trama in our lives maybe we will know better than turning to food - as it really doesn't make us feel better - its really just hurts us more.....

Friday night -

the traditional P_Z_A night here in my neck of the woods.

On day 5 of the liquid pre-op diet the most tasty thing I've had so far was my non-fat Greek yogurt (which by-the-way tastes so much better than my beloved Stonyfield).

Then my husband walks into the house with a half tray of you-know-what.

:scared2:

With the intoxicating aroma of garlic and other goodies - I ran upstairs to my workshop, shut the door and LOCKED it!

I'm still up here

I hope he ate the whole thing.

(At least I have a bit of fresh-frozen berries left for tomorrow morning's smoothie)

It is really difficult to stay away from those mini candy bars. Though I will say that I do eat them in tiny little bites so they will last longer.

We have my son and wife and their 3 kids living with us at the moment so we have allot of carb based mills because of costs.

But at least they are not out on the streets.

Joe, I know how you are feeling; in our kitchen are 3 different kinds of chips and nothing really for me to eat. My husband and I go away this weekend. I am starting with new resolve and buying healthy Snacks on the way home!

-

Banded 9-29-2008

BMI 54

Present BMi 41

lost 61 lbs

Healthy Snacks are a key. I do try extremely hard to buy what is best. it only me here, except for one day a week my grandson is here. so I have no one to blame for poor choices but MYSELF

Just checking in..........my grandson is off ventilator and should be home in a week........I got a shot in my back yesterday.......Yea, pain relief in my back..........but now another problem........I am so hungry I feel like I am in bandster hell. Has anyone else gotten cortisone shot and expereinced the hunger? I thought the band would take care of that, but my stomach was growling this morning. The only way I can keep in check is journaling. I hope this goes away soon.

I am in Arizona visiting my dad and I am going to be afraid to weigh myself when I get home.

I am really glad I am getting the sleeve surgery next month. That surgery will not let me eat the way I have been eating here. That tiny stomach will only hold so much. My band lets too much junk go through when I am in a mood like I have been this past week. I know part of it is that I don't have the right fill, but if I got filled, I am afraid I would go back to puking in my sleep.< /p>

I just read on another thread that doctors are saying band surgery will be obsolete in about 2 more years.

I am new to this thread, but I know some of you from other threads. I had got my band on 3/31/09 in TJ, so I am only 5 days out. Surgery went great and I have little pain, but have a lot going on with my father's health and will need to go and help with his care later this comming week.

In the article about banding becoming obsolete, what was the reasoning? Do many people go to the sleeve after banding. I gave the sleeve some thought before banding and having made the choice to go with the band, I won't be able to afford to move to the sleeve later. Right now because I'm still in post op, I am just feeling frustrated because I thought I would bounce back faster than I am. If I breath deep my chest hurts. I am afraid I am eating (drinking) too much. Okay, it sounds like I am whining, and yep I am. Sorry.

I am in Arizona visiting my dad and I am going to be afraid to weigh myself when I get home.

I am really glad I am getting the sleeve surgery next month. That surgery will not let me eat the way I have been eating here. That tiny stomach will only hold so much. My band lets too much junk go through when I am in a mood like I have been this past week. I know part of it is that I don't have the right fill, but if I got filled, I am afraid I would go back to puking in my sleep.< /p>

I just read on another thread that doctors are saying band surgery will be obsolete in about 2 more years.

I just don't understand why insurance companies will not pay for the gastric sleeve if it has better success than the band. My insurance company would not pay for a sleeve.

Sorry to be absent so long, I had emergency surgery on March 13th for a ruptured appendix and the recovery has been long and slow. My band surgeon did the honors (he also does general surgery). He told me a lap appy usually takes him 20 minutes, mine took three hours to "dig it all out." Followed by massive amounts of antibiotics in and out of the hospital. I asked for and got a hefty unfill at my postop visit as I could barely eat. I still tire very easily and have to be careful not to overdo it.

I can't go back and read all I missed. Has anyone heard from Katydid?

Sorry to be absent so long, I had emergency surgery on March 13th for a ruptured appendix and the recovery has been long and slow. My band surgeon did the honors (he also does general surgery). He told me a lap appy usually takes him 20 minutes, mine took three hours to "dig it all out." Followed by massive amounts of antibiotics in and out of the hospital. I asked for and got a hefty unfill at my postop visit as I could barely eat. I still tire very easily and have to be careful not to overdo it.

I can't go back and read all I missed. Has anyone heard from Katydid?

Oh WOW! I had no idea you had been going through such an ordeal. Bless your heart. Take it easy and don't rush the recovery.

Katy is recovering too from surgery. She is still posting. We were so excited when we finally heard from her.

Orea, take care! We have missed you!

That's strange. I wonder what they are basing this on? I've also heard the same about bypass that it will be more obsolete and the band will be the standard. guess it all depends on what their slant is or personal opinion.