Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Indio Girl---Where have you been? Haven't heard from you in quite some time. Hope all is well with you.:P

Janet's been an a cruise... Mexico... with her grandson & his cousin.. celebrating grandson's 18th birthday. She just got back.

I love my band!!! I was banded in August 08 in Mexico. I read all of your post, but I don't post very often. Everyone here seem so knowledgeable about the band.

However, I have to share: I have reach the 50lbs gone. In fact, it is 53 and I can finally get into a 12 and sometimes a 10. I was in a 20 to 22 I know I didn't have as far as some of you have had to, but it sure feels good.

I said I wasn't going to buy any new clothes until I lost it all, but I had to break down to buy a few, because the hubby said my clothes were hanging off of me. He was right! They were. That is how I found out what size I had gotten to. It was a great feeling and a surprise.

Thanks to everyone on here that I read so much about, because I usually find something that I can use.

You are all great!

I love my band!!! I was banded in August 08 in Mexico. I read all of your post, but I don't post very often. Everyone here seem so knowledgeable about the band.

However, I have to share: I have reach the 50lbs gone. In fact, it is 53 and I can finally get into a 12 and sometimes a 10. I was in a 20 to 22. I know I didn't have as far as some of you have had to, but it sure feels good.

I said I wasn't going to buy any new clothes until I lost it all, but I had to break down to buy a few, because the hubby said my clothes were hanging off of me. He was right! They were. That is how I found out what size I had gotten to. It was a great feeling and a surprise.

Thanks to everyone on here that I read so much about, because I usually find something that I can use.

You are all great!

Thanks for missing me!!!

As Phyl said I was gone for a week - Here's a picture of me on a cruise 2/07 where I could barely walk on length of the ship without being totally exhausted to going on one last week - heck my 18 yr grandson couldn't keep up with me..

I have gone from a total slug bug to a zip lining - repelling - dancing 54 yr old grandma !!!

However, I have to share: I have reach the 50lbs gone. In fact, it is 53 and I can finally get into a 12 and sometimes a 10. I was in a 20 to 22. I know I didn't have as far as some of you have had to, but it sure feels good.

You are all great!

Congrats on your 10s & 12s...

Yep it's possible - I was a 2 x in the before pic above - now I am a size 4

Be proud you did the work - ya the band helped but it was you who chose the foods you ate and amount of exercise you do...

Ladies,

I need a little boost. I was banded Nov 3 2008 and have had 1 fill. I've lost 31 lbs so far and have slacked off a bit over the past month. However, I read today that less than 5% of bandsters lose 75% of their excess weight. That scared the daylights out of me! Am I stuck and not going to lose more?? I feel so demoralized. Help!!

Gypsy Girl, I know what you mean..........I am stuck too. I talked to my doctor last month about my weight loss, and he said that exercise is the key to successful weightloss. I agree, but also I have found that when I don't journal I eat too many carbs and calories. We have to remember it is a lifestyle change......not a quick fix. We can do this!

Ladies, I need a little boost. I was banded Nov 3 2008 and have had 1 fill. I've lost 31 lbs so far and have slacked off a bit over the past month. However, I read today that less than 5% of bandsters lose 75% of their excess weight. That scared the daylights out of me! Am I stuck and not going to lose more?? I feel so demoralized. Help!!

You probably need another fill, first of all. I had three in the first couple of months.

Proper restriction is very important.

Second, forget about those stats!

Poppycock!!

You can do whatever you set your mind to do.

Stick with us here... follow the bandster rules,

make healthy food choices and keep up your exercise and you WILL make it to your goal!

Gypsy Girl, I know what you mean..........I am stuck too. I talked to my doctor last month about my weight loss, and he said that exercise is the key to successful weightloss. I agree, but also I have found that when I don't journal I eat too many carbs and calories. We have to remember it is a lifestyle change......not a quick fix. We can do this!

You're right... exercise is very important.

And journaling is important, too... keep a food diary!

You are absolutely right... not a quick fix, but a lifestyle change! Follow all the rules. And don't get discouraged at those times when the weight loss stalls a little. Keep on keepin' on and the pounds will continue to come off!

Thanks for missing me!!!

As Phyl said I was gone for a week - Here's a picture of me on a cruise 2/07 where I could barely walk on length of the ship without being totally exhausted to going on one last week - heck my 18 yr grandson couldn't keep up with me..

I have gone from a total slug bug to a zip lining - repelling - dancing 54 yr old grandma !!!

"Way to go Janet,"

Welcome back from your trip. You look fantastic!!

Sure looks like you had fun.

Good on you.

Charlene and Phyllser,

I just wrote a reply to you and managed to lose it somehow. Hope it is not going to be like that all day!

Thank you both for your encouraging words. I always come back to this site for encouragement and information. I don't post often, but I do keep up with things. You both hit the nail on the head. I stopped journaling and have added a little of this and a little bit of that to my daily intake, so why should I be surprised when the scale doesn't move? I think I am at a plateau in exercise and need to step it up.

So, today - I will journal, I will not eat things I don't need and I will my move my sorry self and get some real exercise. I will also be back online tonight to tell you how I did. I'm not going to look at the scale or think about anyone else's progress except mine.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Talk tonight.

It's really easy to add in extra calories without even thinking about it. I used to taste this or that if I were cooking, or pop a hersheys kiss in my mouth at a friends house when I passed her candy bowl.

It's takes concentration to make sure you don't put anything in your mouth other than what is on your plate for your 3 meals. If you snack, it has to be something where you figure in the calories for the day, not grab something on the go, and managing to forget you have eaten it. At least that was my problem. A handful of chips, a piece of candy here or there, and boom! that scale will not move the right direction.

I find that when I eat too fast or don't acknowledge that I am full, especially if something is tasting good and going down good, I tend to eat that extra bite which turns out to be a mistake. It comes right back from where it stop. I appreciate the tip on calcuim, I didn't know we needed it.

Ladies,

I need a little boost. I was banded Nov 3 2008 and have had 1 fill. I've lost 31 lbs so far and have slacked off a bit over the past month. However, I read today that less than 5% of bandsters lose 75% of their excess weight. That scared the daylights out of me! Am I stuck and not going to lose more?? I feel so demoralized. Help!!

Sure you can lose more! Those are just statistics and they don't account for folks that don't follow the bandster rules, that don't keep up with fills, etc. You said yourself you've slacked off some. Get back the fresh from surgery gusto you had last fall. Journal, exercise, mind your portions, get a fill. You can so do this. I've already lost 75% of my excess weight and have less than 10% to go. Come beat those statistics with me!!! (not meant to sound boastful, just encouraging and to show that it those statistics can be wrong)

Gypsy Girl

Just as Phyl says "poppycock" on those statistics - those statistics are what movitated me to lose 112% of my excess weight - what are those statistic saying about fat pple that we can't do it - we aren't strong enough mentally to overcome our addition from food even with the help of the band... I am a tad competitive and those statistic that said that after 2 yrs banded pple will have only lost 50% of their excess weight - so that would have had me stop at 200 lbs - Bull crappy - I went the full 9 yards and cuz this wasn't a diet - cuz I did make it my lifetime lifestyle change of eating healthy and exercise - I loss all my excess weight and doing things now that I would have NEVER imagined myself doing.

Just got back from a cruise and didn't gain a pound and even had a few treats - but ate healthy 98% of the time and did get my exercise in..

So GF - PULL UP THOSE BOOTSTRAP !!! and get back to what you know works - track that food - move that butt - don't diet - just eat healthy - You can do this.!!!!!

Well, God love you girls! You are right, absolutely right. I think I have been sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I'm not dropping weight. Hmm...could it be that I have a few bites of this or that or a piece or 2 of chocolate everyday or the ice cream....was the weather really that cold that I couldn't get out? Oh boy, you nailed it. I WANT this weight loss and I AM doing it. Wrong choices don't lead to the right results.

I'm back to recording my food and will get the dogs out for a good walk today. I will walk 3x week and do strength training 2x week. And the ironic thing is that with all of the little treats, I can honestly say that I ate when I wasn't hungry and what I ate didn't taste all that good. Sugar is my addiction. My emotional eating isn't so bad, but once I eat sweets, I want more and eat more until, in a very short time, I am consuming rich, sweet anything I can find.

Stay close to me. I could use a few attagirls or kicks in the butt right about now.

Your success is my lifeline.