Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

easter48.gifHere's hopeing everyone has a great Easter day!!

Hello Doodlebug - fellow-bunny!

It looks like you're about the same place as I am on the weight loss tracker as well.

17 down and 60-something to go!

Congrats! :cool2:

OK -

Getting really antsy here :cool2:

Countdown is in hours - not days.

My children are all here this weekend and ALL 3 will be with me on Monday.

That's the best thing in the world for me.

My husband and I have put our separation "on hold" for a while - which is a good thing too.

I sat at the kitchen table tonight with my youngest two (22 and 24) and my husband just like old times.

They had steaks, salad and asparagus while I had a Protein Drink and half of a mashed avocado.

Odd - I'm not hungry at all.

Traditional family Easter dinner at my mom's with an early bed time tomorrow.

Surgery time is 8:00 Monday morning - but I have to be there by 6:15 and it's about an hour away.

My daughters will come down later in the morning -

they have dog-duty.

I wish I could bring my black lab with me to the hospital!

Wishing you all the best, Elayne. Black Labs...the best most loyal and loveable dogs in the world. We have a 7 yr old "empty nester" lab. DH and I were just dicussing what we would ever do without him.

Take care and get as much rest as you can b/4 your surgery and after.

So, in other words...you are trying to break it to us gently that Susan is CHEATING on us?????????:cool2:

Well, maybe... sorta!

8_3_35.gif

36_15_57.gif 8_3_45.gif 36_15_38.gif

HAPPY EASTER TO MY CYBER FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be thinking of you Elayne. Post when you can to catch us up on your surgery. Take care and sending good vibes your way!

4_4_109.gif 4_4_109.gif 4_4_109.gif 4_4_109.gif 4_4_109.gif 4_4_109.gif 4_7_5.gif Elayne, Here we all are wishing you the BEST tomorrow!! It is your turn now!! I'll be thinking of you in the morning and tonight I'm going to say a special prayer for you! It really does help to know that there are people who are going thru the same thing you are and are thinking of you!! I had the last min. jitters but they pass, just know that you are doing something that will benifit you the rest of your life! Take care and when you feel like it let us know how you are doing!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZUxdm553YYUS

I pray everything goes well for you tomorrow. How long did they say your surgery will last since they are going to fix the other part first? Let us know as soon as you can. Will you be staying in the hospital? I stayed over one night because of my severe sleep apnea.

Cheryl:thumbup:

Edited by cheryl1952

Well, tell Susan to check in with us......Hey,Phyl.....do you twitter? I haven't joined yet.

I did tell her she needed to check in because we were missing her. I did sign up for twitter, but haven't done anything with it yet.

Elayne, we'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow!

I did tell her she needed to check in because we were missing her. I did sign up for twitter, but haven't done anything with it yet.

Phyll....caught your photo on b/4 and after thread. You look great and such a pretty sweater and the hat is so cute. My DH is always saying I look great in hats but I never have the nerve to wear them. Tempts me after seeing yours.:smile:

Elayne...you are in my thoughts and prayers today. Hope everything goes as planned and that you have a quick recovery and total success with your band. Take care of yourself!

Elayne---Well, by now you are probably back in your room. Hope you are doing well. Be sure to drink (sip) your Water. Isn't it exciting to step out and begin a new adventure? Good Luck to you and when you feel up to it, let us know how you are doing.

To all--Will someone explain the term, Twitter? Once again, I am slow to learn new things concerning computers. Thanks in advance---MiMi

Elayne - Prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery!!

Good Morning All !! My name is Doodlebug, also known as Sharon, and I would love to join in your group! I started on this life saving journey back in April 08, telling my family that this is what I wanted to do and although they weren't 100% behind me, they did say I had to do what I thought was best for me. So I started looking up everything I could find and read about it! Come to find out later, my family was afraid that I would change and I wouldn't be the same old Mom or Maw Maw that I was before! I have a sister that had the gastric and she really lost it , she lost her husband, most of her friends and some of her family, just because she thought she was Miss Thang!! I really do love her but I am not going down that same road!! I have my family and co-workers that is going to keep me on the strait and narrow!! But anyway! I went thru 9 months of going to the PCP,all the work up, all the lab, tests and just about everything you can think of and finally got approved in Feb.09, had my surgery on April 06. So today is Day5 on my new life! I'm still having a little shoulder pain, but that's mostly at night and still a little sore at the incision sites. I go next Tuesday to have the staples taken out and I know that will make me fill a lot better!! Well I didn't mean to write so much but I've been reading on here and I know how everyone is so supportive and I am so happy that we have a place like this to go to! Maybe next time I won't talk so long!!

Doodlebug - Glad to have you - Ya sometimes weight loss goes to pples head - I try not to flaunt mine too much :0) but gotta say I love saying I wear a size 4 pair of pants - but I don't think I have gone over board - what my freinds & family comment the most about is all my new found energy - that I can take a flight of stairs and not be dieing - where as before I would take the elevator - weight loss is no diff than any other reform - you know like a reform smoker hates pple who smoke - a someone who has found Jesus and preaches at you all the time - or someone who has become a vegetarian and then spouts the evil of eating meat... Everything in moderation -

Sharon, welcome! You didn't write too much. (I don't think that is possible! LOL) Congratulations on getting your band. Every day will get better from now on. We are here to support, guide, and offer loving kicks as needed. ;-)

Orea - Congrats on 106 gone - I just noticed your ticker - way to go girl...

So, in other words...you are trying to break it to us gently that Susan is CHEATING on us?????????:smile:

Apples - alot of us cheat with FB too.....

Hey everyone, been a long time since I have been on here, reading or posting, but have ran into a wall, it has 4 months since surgery (Nov 19th) I have lost 51 lbs, my big problem is that I went on vacation, ate things I shouldn't have, didn't exercise for 2 weeks and not I am in trouble and dont' know how to get back on track, went to local support group and found out it was more of presentation type of meetings, gee the night I went it was about plastic surgery to make us look better and the next one is on cooking classes, no one to talk to or give advise....I am not sure on how to get back on track, got in real trouble with Dr because I gained 4 lbs and he wouldn't give me a fill.....I was told I had to lose in the next month.....felt really bad when I left Dr office, sat in parking lot and cried

Pink

This is why I love LBT cuz it's open 24/7 and yes we talk about everything from our weight/food issues to what we did for the day -

#1 this is why I stress not to look at the band as a diet - it's not about dieting it about eating healthy for the rest of our lives - I have said it a million times - I will say it again - Diets don't work - cuz once you go off them and eat "normal again" we gain all our weight back plus some Our eating "normal" is what got us fat in the first place.

This is truly a lifestyle change in our eating habits - I eat healthy 98% and allow for treats 2% of the time.

First get all the junk out of the house - then sit down write a menu for the week including healthy Snacks - go to the store buy only the foods on your list..

Go back to keeping a food journal - weight - measure your foods - keep your calories between 900-1200 daily varing them - get out and exercise 4 to 5 days a week.

Make sure that your menu had good healthy foods that you enjoy - just make sure they are low in fat and limited carbs

It's not about eating things you shouldn't - being deprived doesn't work - it's about moderation - eat healthy all week then say every other Sat or Sun - go out and have a small piece of whatever you love be it cake, pie, Cookies candy

I don't buy bags of candy - but about once a month I buy and eat 1 candy bar - or go to the bakery and buy 2 cookies - I can't have a bag of cookies or candy in my house - cuz I would eat them til it was all gone - but if I go out and have them then I don't have them calling my name once I get home..

Food is our drug of choice and it's hard to get back on track once you have slipped - this is again why I am not dieting or think of it as dieting but as eating healthy - I just got back from a cruise - I had dessert every nite - and didn't gain a pound - but I did take the stairs 98% of the time - I hit the gym - and I didn't have 3 Desserts just 1 ...

You can do this you have already lost 51 lbs you can get to goal - you just gotta get your mind in the right place and a little kick in the butt and we are here to help you get there...

Hugs Janet

Where in the heck are you going to find time to twitter - fb and lbt... I got invite from PJTax to join twitter - then thought to myself - I am already in overload between FB & LBT - So I haven't joined

Hi all you 50's...

I was just banded in MX last week, a week ago today! IndioGirl, when you have some time, I'd love to hear how you set up your - whatever this is - with the date you were banded, the scale that says how much you lost, etc as I know I enjoy seeing that on others "sites" it's very informative.

I'm on full liquids now for the next two weeks, then what kind of food do people generally start with, I was thinking over cooked Pasta, mashed potatoes, etc Any suggestions would be a big help.

I'm pretty sure this is where I'll be posting and reading, now that I've found this area.

Thanks to whomever started the 50 thing...:smile:

kd

They have added a forum for us - let's post here... So we can share with the new people....