Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I had some of those injections, mine was called Synvisc and it was made from rooster combs. A series of 3 injections one week apart. It's been 2 weeks since the last injection and I still have pain but guess it's not as bad as I used to take 6 to 8 ibuprofens a day and now take none (good thing since I had lap band surgery since then). I am hopeful after reading your post I'll get more relief as time goes along. Then at 6 mos I can get more injections. MY left knee is bone on bone, and right is not far behind he said but the right rarely hurts.

I had them once probably 7-8 years ago, on the right knee. I probably should've asked the doc about doing that for the left when I was there this week. As I remember, it didn't help a lot. I had better results from a series of steroid injections. It relieved the pain for about 6 months.

Phyl, I got a question for you. What is a five day pouch test? Is that to see if you need a fill or not? Just curious. I haven't gotten off of mushies yet. Got one more week of it and then on to food:tt2:. Glad to hear all is well with everyone. Beckyo:tt1:

Well, sort of... It's kind of to get you back on track, away from eating "slider foods", etc. For me, I thought it would help to renew my committment to this new way of eating, maybe get me off a plateau. I have a tendency to lose pretty well for about 3 weeks, then stall for maybe as long as a month. There is a website that gives you a lot of information about it. Just google five day pouch test. Try LivingAfterWLS, too.

you must be overly excited, Beverly. The day will be here before you know it

I had fill #2 today. :blink: another 1cc in my 14cc band, so now i am at 5cc. I feel nothing so far, but being on liquids I know it will be a few days to notice anything.

Best of luck tomorrow, Orea. You must be getting excited - at least you will be after all the testing tomorrow! I'm feeling just a teensy bit of envy tonight... You're going to do great.

Yea!!!!!!!!!! My surgery has been scheduled. I start my pre-op liquid diet on the 14th and surgery on Monday, July 28. I cannot believe it is finally so close. :angry:

Dianne, where are you having your surgery? Happy to hear you have your date and it's coming up fast. Seems like it takes forever - then suddenly it's right in front of you! :blink: I am in the "file review" stage at Shawnee Mission in Overland Park, KS.

Hubby and I love the Bennett Springs area. In fact, we are towing our camper to one of the campgrounds west of the springs this weekend and planning to keep it there year-round. It will be much more economical to drive our little Civic for weekends of camping than to tow the camper back and forth to KC area. Hubby loves to fly fish and I bring along whatever quilting project I am working on and a couple of books. Your area is beautiful and we always enjoy it.

Good luck with all the pre-op stuff!

Orea, good luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes well and you get your surgery scheduled soon.

Dianne, yahoo a date!!!! It'll be here before you know it, though right now probably seems an eternity away.

Joann, what is the file review stage? Good luck getting your date!

Well tonight I went to an open house at my daughters place of employment, oh the food they had!! I did okay though, I'd get something, take a bite and hand it off to hubby. I would tell him don't load your plate too much as you are getting most of mine too!

I got out another outfit from my closet that I wore last summer, one of the only ones that fit, and it's too big!! I wore it today anyway but after I launder it, it goes in the too big bag. I have many smaller clothes that fit now to wear something that size!!

File Review? I don't know - that's just what the coordinator said when she called last week to tell me it looked as though all my paperwork, medical records, etc. was in and ready for the docs to review. Next step will be to make appointments with psychologist and dietition, then consultation with the surgeon. I am hoping the wheels just keep rollin' along. I'll get there!

Last night, someone (heavy) came up to me and said, "I know this is personal--but you have lost weight--HOW did you do it?" Of course, I told her how (I feel I can teach people about the band) and about all the work that goes into it. People are just fascinated!

She asked about pain and I told her there was discomfort and to be honest, the ONLY real pain is the needle for the fill. She said she hated needles--I put my hands on my hips in my size 14 (a little too big) pants and said, "But I love THIS!"

She is going to look into it. I should be a spokesperson!! haha

Surgery 5/13--down 43 lbs this AM-- 217 to 174

To those waiting for their dates--I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Dianne, where are you having your surgery? Happy to hear you have your date and it's coming up fast. Seems like it takes forever - then suddenly it's right in front of you! :thumbup: I am in the "file review" stage at Shawnee Mission in Overland Park, KS.

Hubby and I love the Bennett Springs area. In fact, we are towing our camper to one of the campgrounds west of the springs this weekend and planning to keep it there year-round. It will be much more economical to drive our little Civic for weekends of camping than to tow the camper back and forth to KC area. Hubby loves to fly fish and I bring along whatever quilting project I am working on and a couple of books. Your area is beautiful and we always enjoy it.

Good luck with all the pre-op stuff!

Joann, Dr. Christopher Edwards is doing my surgery in Springfield, Mo, at St. John's Hospital. He is removing my gallbladder at the same time as I have gall stones.

Yes, Bennett Springs is beautiful. The Water is sooooo cold. We have a 5th wheel camper and stayed there Tues. through Saturday of last week. Since we only live about 20 minutes away, my DH drove to work during the day and my two GS had fun riding bikes and swimming.

I hope your pre-ops go quickly. I thought mine went too slow as I was so excited to embark on a new life. Now that it is almost here, I am becoming very anxious!

(I did the right thing for a change today -

set a goal

and MET it!)

:thumbup:

I called my HMO (First Priority)

and it appears that I am covered for the procedure

assuming that my chosen surgical pracitce agrees.

I have the recommendation of my Endocrinologist, psychiartrist, therapist, weight management counselor and friends and family.

I was unable to get a human at the surgical office for an appointment but their next New Patient Information Session is July 28.

So -

here I go -

:redface:

(I even set up my schnazzy scale-thingy that seems to be the thing to do here) - -

(I did the right thing for a change today -

set a goal --and MET it!):thumbup:

I called my HMO (First Priority)

and it appears that I am covered for the procedure

assuming that my chosen surgical practice agrees.

I have the recommendation of my Endocrinologist, psychiatrist, therapist, weight management counselor and friends and family.

I was unable to get a human at the surgical office for an appointment but their next New Patient Information Session is July 28. So - here I go - :redface:

(I even set up my schnazzy scale-thingy that seems to be the thing to do here) - -

Well, done!!

You're on your way.

Just a few definitions here:

psychiatrist = the "shrink" (of course),

not to be confused with the "nut",

and that is the nutritionist.

Easily confused because at times

one seems to be just as "nuts" as the other.

The "schnazzy scale thingy"....

your ticker, you did very nicely!!

Fasten your seat belt... you're ready to go!!

JB: Congratulations! You are doing so great!

Elayne: You are doing all the right stuff and time will fly for you once you get your date. I love your weight loss ticker!

Phyllser: You are helpful and inspirational....thank you for your great posts!

To everyone: this is my best support group; I get online before school and after I get home every day. I love reading all your posts, sharing in your successes, commiserating with your challenges (we all seem to go through similar things, don't we?), and absorbing all the great information you all impart.

I've been going out with friends a lot lately. I never knew I loved broiled fish this much. Now if only the scale continues to go down....:thumbup:

Nancy

Nancy--you've lost 42?? Go girl! It is so motivating to see the scale go in the direction we want! And to think, of losing it forever....makes me ecstatic! I have lost the same amount and when people ask how much I've lost, I answer, "I've lost a small child."

Let me know when you want to go out for broiled fish with ME! I have a coupon for The Island Grill in Apollo Beach.

Judy

PS Anyone else can join us....c'mon down to FL

Hi Judy,

Yeah, when I think of it, 42 is a lot (even though I have MUCH more to go), but I am happy and as long as the scale continues to go down, fish is definitely my best friend! I have never been to the Island Grill in AB, but I have heard it is good. Give me a call when you get a chance and we'll set up a date for fish! I'm booked next Monday, Thursday and Friday (not all friends, I do have to see Dr. R. for a fill, you know!), but we can work something out.

Now if only I was at the weight you are at right now....sigh....:thumbup: Someday, if I can only be patient and continue to eat (and track) my fish, I hope to join you in normal size heaven. I am tired of looking like an old blob... I now long to look like a normal person, even if a bit older. LOL!

Nancy

I see the challenges and work you people are meeting.

My own weight loss goal seems so small in comparison.

I hope that I can match your spirit and "can do" attitude.

I've been battling this for close to 19 years after gaining 80 pounds in 1 year when.

The weight leveled off at 220 and stayed - never growing, never waning.

Each year I become more withdrawn and more unhealthy.

My beautiful children have grown up into wonderful people and I just Can't conquer my 0 self-esteem, humiliation, and all the other things that go with obesity.

Counselling, friendship, scolding, logic, bike-riding, dog-walking, the Bean, Total Gym, Pilates Performer . . ad nauseum.

Diabetes II, arthritic knees, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, bone loss, suicidal thoughts - I'm sure you've all heard it all.

But finally - a catalyst that beats them all -

My eyesight is at risk.

:thumbup:

Now I'm MAD!

Good and mad!

and that's GOOD!