Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I would be lost without a food diary. At first I did it by hand, but then found MyDailyPlate. What a lifesaver. This site has been so beneficial to my wright loss. I find I take in between 1000-1500 calories on most days and my Protein amount is 80-90gms, yesterday it was 108gms. :(

Tomorrow I go for what I hope is my 2nd fill. Too many snacking events lately and I am eating more at each meal.....

Had a tough time with rice pilaf over the weeknd. I will let that stay on my plate next time. the chest pain lasted for a few hours..

I had severe acid reflux before surgery, but nothing since. I have given my nexium away and so happy to be rid of another medication..:thumbup:

Just venting......I HATE THIS liquid DIET! I go to bed at ten or eleven and wake up every morning at 3am. And to top that off I have only lost three lbs in a week. What's up with that?:( Yeah, I have had a couple of boiled eggs and a few slices of FF lean meat, but come on. :thumbup:

Okay, got that out of my system....gonna go make a Protein Shake.:)

Hi Charlene;

I hear ya girl... but hang in there.... It'll all be worth it in the end.

One year from now it will be a long distant blur!!!

Hi Charlene;

I hear ya girl... but hang in there.... It'll all be worth it in the end.

One year from now it will be a long distant blur!!!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I needed some propping up.:(

Hey Gang

Denise would love to meet you all in AZ - yep it would be blast - next time you head that way let me know - I have plans for August already.. So maybe next time you all get together..

Carol - my Vegas trip was about the band - mostly about our imput on what they need to do to give new banders better info.. It was nice to met other banders from all around the country.

I totally get the feeling thinner - I went from 18/20 pant to a 14 and thought I was looking hot - just wait - when you get the rest off - you are going to feel like a super model (well you just got to overlook some of the skin issues)

GD - Congrats on your 45 lbs - thats super WTG:thumbup:

Lynn- I guess I am a lucky one - I don't have a problem with rice - but ya once you get stuck - you will tend to stay away from that food for a while

Charlene - 3 lbs in a week is good - I know you are starving so you feel like it should be 10 lbs in that week but it just doesn't work like that even though we think it should ..

Yep the liquid diet sucks big time - but like Peaches said - next year at this time you are going to feel 100% better and you won't even remember the liquid diet - it's like having kids - it hurts like hell but then you see their little faces and forget about the pain.

I was lucky - I convienced my doc to let me have fish and salad for dinner during my pre-op - but I only had 1 week preop...

Keep up the good work and rant rave all you want - we understand...

Good afternoon!! I am so excited, today I hit the big 4-0!!! as in pounds lost total with my pre surgery 10 added in. Today I had my 10% off plan cheat for the week. I have this fondness for chicken mcnuggets of all things. I know most people would say gross. Not me! Anyway DH has to work late tonight but said he had a little time at noon and could meet me some place quick for lunch. So I chose McD's. I got a nugget kids meal, I was so stuffed on 4 nuggets that I barely had any fries, maybe 5 of them or so. It totally satisfied me and to think I used to get a 10 pc and then large size it. They were 170 calories and I counted my fries as 1/4th of the small and it was 63 so not too bad for a 'planned cheat' and it so satisfied a craving that I am good for awhile. And actually they weren't as good as I remember so maybe I won't be craving them so much anymore.

CharleneK, I only had to do liquids for 2 days pre op and then of course some post op. It's true, while doing it it's awful, but already I've begun to forget it and it's so worth it. Just keep your eye on the prize, Your BAnd!! and your new lifestyle.

I tried daily plate also, but you know what happens....you start on one and you become accustomed and changing becomes too hard. I love mine too and it's made such a difference that I'll just stay with it.

I'm sorry to hear the pilaf bit you. I've been okay with rice. In fact, I have to be careful because if it goes down, it's eaten. I told my dr. that it's a problem when I'm with other people and we're all eating and talking. I end up eating more (and it goes down). He was funny....he said I have to learn to "push the food around on my plate alot" to pass the time away.

LONGTOBETHIN- CONGRATS on hitting the big 40! It's great. Keep up the good work! We're all getting there day by day, 8oz of Water by 8oz of water.

Good afternoon!! I am so excited, today I hit the big 4-0!!! as in pounds lost total with my pre surgery 10 added in. Today I had my 10% off plan cheat for the week. I have this fondness for chicken mcnuggets of all things. I know most people would say gross. Not me! Anyway DH has to work late tonight but said he had a little time at noon and could meet me some place quick for lunch. So I chose McD's. I got a nugget kids meal, I was so stuffed on 4 nuggets that I barely had any fries, maybe 5 of them or so. It totally satisfied me and to think I used to get a 10 pc and then large size it. They were 170 calories and I counted my fries as 1/4th of the small and it was 63 so not too bad for a 'planned cheat' and it so satisfied a craving that I am good for awhile. And actually they weren't as good as I remember so maybe I won't be craving them so much anymore.

CharleneK, I only had to do liquids for 2 days pre op and then of course some post op. It's true, while doing it it's awful, but already I've begun to forget it and it's so worth it. Just keep your eye on the prize, Your BAnd!! and your new lifestyle.

Congrats! on reaching your new milestone. You and I are almost the same in weight and goal. That gives me hope. So, I will be watching your progress. I am surprised you can eat nuggets and fries. My son was unable to eat fries. Oh well, I need to stay away from that stuff.

I think my problem with shakes too is... I hate milkshakes!:party: I am trying to doctor them up with sugar free syrups that go in lattes. Only one more week.....I can do it!

I got on my Wii Fit today for the first time.:scared2: Geez, after trying to balance, it said I was 12 years older than my age. I have alot of work ahead of me. I didn't do this damage overnight. It will take awhile, but I am up for the challenge.:smile:

Congrats! on reaching your new milestone. You and I are almost the same in weight and goal. That gives me hope. So, I will be watching your progress. I am surprised you can eat nuggets and fries. My son was unable to eat fries. Oh well, I need to stay away from that stuff.

I think my problem with shakes too is... I hate milkshakes!:party: I am trying to doctor them up with sugar free syrups that go in lattes. Only one more week.....I can do it!

I got on my Wii Fit today for the first time.:scared2: Geez, after trying to balance, it said I was 12 years older than my age. I have alot of work ahead of me. I didn't do this damage overnight. It will take awhile, but I am up for the challenge.:smile:

Well I shouldn't have fries either, that's why it was my one cheat of the week. I only could eat 5 though as I felt that pressure in my chest that said you are full don't eat anymore.

I didn't like the shakes much either. I mostly went for the Isopure clear Protein Drinks. But even before I didn't like milk shakes, etc.

I got a Wii Fit too,haven't been on it in a week or two, should get on so it could tell me I'm losing weight! Sometimes I do that balance test and I'm older and one day it said I was 34!! That was cool. Think it depends on if the one leg test is in there as I can't stand on one leg much it hurts my knee too much.

Since you said we were similar weights with similar to lose, are you tall too??? I'm 5'9 and am the shortone in the family. LOL

Forgot to mention in my previous post:

There's been lots of chat on here about Big Medicine. I see there's an episode on tonight on Discovery Health. I think it's an old episode, but I haven't seen them all and looks like from the previews I hadn't seen this one.

I spoke to my dietician yesterday. She said that I should eat carbs with my Protein, otherwise the protein turns to sugar. I note from a lot of posts that many of you think that carbs are from hell and you try to avoid them as much as possible.

What do you think of my dietician's advice - do you buy it?. When she talks about carbs, I think she means rice, Pasta and potatoes, not sweet things.

I think my problem with shakes too is... I hate milkshakes!:eek: I am trying to doctor them up with sugar free syrups that go in lattes. Only one more week.....I can do it!

I got on my Wii Fit today for the first time.:ohmy: Geez, after trying to balance, it said I was 12 years older than my age. I have alot of work ahead of me. I didn't do this damage overnight. It will take awhile, but I am up for the challenge.:thumbup:

I put a little of that in my Protein Drinks sometimes, too..... sugar free raspberry in a chocolate Protein Drink is really good! In fact, that's what I had for lunch today! I started day one of the "Five Day Pouch Test", so I had Protein drinks for Breakfast & lunch and one this afternoon. At dinner time I had a cup of blended clam chowder Soup. Didn't realize cream Soups, sugar free Gelatin & pudding were allowed on Day 1 & 2 until I looked at the list again tonight. I've had a few bouts of hunger off & on today, but not too bad.

Yeah, the Wii Fit judges your age so differently every day. Yesterday I was 64. Then I did it again this morning & I was 36, I think... you'll have to look at my signature to confirm that.

I totally get the feeling thinner - I went from 18/20 pant to a 14 and thought I was looking hot - just wait - when you get the rest off - you are going to feel like a super model (well you just got to overlook some of the skin issues)

Yep the liquid diet sucks big time - but like Peaches said - next year at this time you are going to feel 100% better and you won't even remember the liquid diet - it's like having kids - it hurts like hell but then you see their little faces and forget about the pain.

Forgot to post this yesterday, speaking of sizes... I rode through Target on my scooter trip through the neighborhood yesterday and found a pair of pants on the 75% off rack that I decided to try on

... size 20/22, and THEY FIT!!

Smallest I've worn in well over 20 years, maybe 25~!

They're 6 yards too long, but they fit! I might chop them off to capri length. Heck, I'll probably have enough fabric left over to make another pair!! :redface::biggrin::smile2:

Liquid diet... yeah, sucks... but I'm tolerating it okay... one more day and I can have soft protein. I think this is good for me. New start, cleansing, renews the mind, etc. DH was impressed when I sat through lunch at Primetimers today sipping on my protein drink! And they were eating BBQ pork sandwiches!

I LOVE anything BBQ! But, I was STRONG!!

I really think this is renewing my determination.

In fact, I was kind of pissed after seeing the orthopedic surgeon yesterday, and now I have this "I'll show him" attitude that is also strengthening my determination! After mulling over what he told me about my knees, I've come to the conclusion that he thinks I will not lose any more weight. He does not want to do my knee replacements until I get my BMI down to 40. So he tells me that as long as I am "getting by" the way things are, he'll just see me every year or two to make sure the partial in my right knee isn't "collapsing". He commented when I saw him two months ago that most LapBand patients only lose 50-60% of their excess weight... Where have we heard that before??? Since I'm almost at that point, I think he thinks I'm done.

I'm sorry, but I'M NOT DONE, AND.....

I'm not content to live like this... scooter and cane !!

I want my knees back so I can walk comfortably, thank you very much!!

Okay... I"m done ranting about that!!

I got a Wii Fit too,haven't been on it in a week or two, should get on so it could tell me I'm losing weight! Sometimes I do that balance test and I'm older and one day it said I was 34!! That was cool. Think it depends on if the one leg test is in there as I can't stand on one leg much it hurts my knee too much.

As for the standing on one leg, it does say that you can hold on to something if necessary. I use my cane and it really helps. Also, I close my eyes for that one legged test and it seems to help me to stay balanced if I'm not watching that line waving back & forth! I got on it this morning mainly to check my weight since I was starting this five day thing. Our bathroom scale was finally carted off to the trash bin because it was weighing us so irradically!!

I spoke to my dietician yesterday. She said that I should eat carbs with my protein, otherwise the protein turns to sugar. I note from a lot of posts that many of you think that carbs are from hell and you try to avoid them as much as possible. What do you think of my dietician's advice - do you buy it?. When she talks about carbs, I think she means rice, Pasta and potatoes, not sweet things.

Hmmm... the protein turns to sugar??? I don't get that. Maybe Karri will chime in here and give us her two cents on that! Karri??? I don't know about carbs being from hell, but by the time I have my protein & veggies, not much room left for carbs. And I know the more carbs I eat the slower my weight loss will be.

Sorry... wrong thread... Karri is too young to be here!! Think I"ll pose the question to her though. She is a science teacher and understands all that stuff better than I do, even though I'm an RN!!