Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I get whey Protein Powder at GNC, vanilla is my favorite, I have tried the orange creme and the mixed berry. Walmart also has whey prtein and it gives you 26gm of Protein per serving.. I will usally add some frozen fruit and blend it all together. Like a smoothie.< /strong>

I like the Unjury chocolate too..

There are so many different flavors and types out there it is a personal preference. I do buy the pre measured packets from Health Wise..they are great to take along for a day trip and add to your Water.

There are too many posts to answer everyone individually. I will try to answer what I can remember after reading the last few pages. I have been gone for 3 days, so I had a lot to catch up. LBT is my savior.

I don't have as much time for it now that I have a bf, but I have given up most of my tv programs because I am addicted to LBT. If I only have a little bit of time, this is the thread I will come to.

I think the people that stop posting are just busy doing other things, and don't need as much support anymore. Or Janet could be right about them gaining some weight back and not wanting to post about it. I really don't know where everyone goes. All I know is that I could never give up lbt. I have made so many friends here. Some of them I have met in real life. I like being able to answer questions if someone new has some. I remember what it was like to be new.

If you're having trouble on the liquid stage, the thing that saved me was Soup. I put cream of chicken soup in a blender. Also Tomato Soup, I would put cottage cheese in there and put it all in the blender. I ate when I was hungry and didn't worry about losing. The liquid stage is

so the band can heal on your stomach properly, not for losing weight.

As far as the BF goes, we met a month ago today. I really feel like we have known each other a lot longer. I am into astrology, and our charts are a perfect match. My friend has a computer program that will compare charts, and give a print out about the comparison. The print out said we are soul mates. I don't believe in soul mates, but I know that we have so much in common.

I also know that we would never have gotten together or got along if I

didn't have the band. He is a long distance runner. We go for a walk on this trail around a lake,every night after work. It's got very big hills. I remember the first time I tried to walk that walk and was so out of breath I thought I would die. Now I walk that trail and don't even break a sweat. It's 3 1/2 miles around the lake. We have seen each other every day since the day we met. He is very into fitness.

We met from match.com. When I put that profile on there, I was sure it would just be a waste of time. I put on there that this town is too small to post a picture, and would be happy to email a picture to anyone who wanted one.

He sent me a message first. I was so impressed that he never asked for a picture. That showed me that he was not shallow. We had been emailing and talking on the phone for about a month before we met in person.

So that's it in a nutshell. He says he's crazy about me, and I feel the same way. My kids like him and I like his kids and his sister is really great too. It's been like a dream come true for me.

I know this is a very long post, so I don't blame you if you don't read it

all! The band has changed my life in so many ways, I thank God for it every day.

i can't eat until afternoon. It seems whatever I eat in the morning just lays like a big lump in my upper chest and is very uncomfortable. Does anyone else have this problem.

Hi Everyone,

Even though I was banded in March of 2006, I'm a newbie here. I'm a 54 year old female who initially lost 10lbs in my first six weeks after being banded and now I'm going nowhere fast. My doctor doesn't want to give me a fill, since I still have trouble with certain foods and my doctor feels that I have alot of restriction. He's concerned that if he gives me a fill, I might damage my esophagus. Has anyone heard

anything about this? Or does anyone suffer from this? My doctor said that if I continue down the path of not losing weight, he would like to remove the lapband. I was devastated when I heard this and perhaps finally believed and accepted that maybe I could try harder on my part. My husband and I were only blessed with one beautiful child, a daughter. She is to be married in 15 short months and I am planning a dream wedding. Does anybody have any input, suggestions or perhaps just your support, so I can be beautiful for "me" on our daughter's wedding day. Thank you for reading and God Bless you all.

Warm Regards,

Susie519

Edited by Susie519

IndioGirl - you are an inspiration to all of us. I will be banded on Tuesday, July 8th, and I hope to follow in your foot steps. I know I will probably need some encouragement like you were giving Elaine AND a kick in the butt once in awhile. I am ready to get started on this journey to my new life (nervous and excited) but ready to just do it!!

IndioGirl - you are an inspiration to all of us. I will be banded on Tuesday, July 8th, and I hope to follow in your foot steps. I know I will probably need some encouragement like you were giving Elaine AND a kick in the butt once in awhile. I am ready to get started on this journey to my new life (nervous and excited) but ready to just do it!!

Hi Booklady,

Lots of Good Wishes as you get ready to undergo your banding!!! You'll do just fine!! Just thought that an extra prayer couldn't hurt!!

When you're feeling up to it, Let us know how you're doing!!

All The Best,

Susie 519

:thumbup::thumbup:Hi Folks!

I have been busy posting on the June thread! But this feels like being home among family! :biggrin:

I got my 1st fill on Wed the 2nd and am doing well. I am down another 2.5 lbs. :eek:

I have been either walking for 30 minutes or riding a bike for an hour daily. :rolleyes: I am feeling so much better. :frown:

I am amazed how the band is starting to work for me. I will do my part. Thanks for all the help and support on here. When I have a question I can always find the answer or someone who had felt the same.

LBT is the best kind of support I can imagine, better than a group support!:eek:

Susie519, I had a lot of trouble losing weight. I had to go to the gym 6 days a week and count calories carefully. I don't know what you're eating, or if you exercise. You said maybe you needed to do more on your part, so if you tell us what you're eating and whether or not you're exercising, we can help.

Maybe someone can help me with a problem I've been having: I need to take two pills in the a.m. One is the size of an aspirin and the other slightly larger. I cut both in half. About 30 min later I have burning pain in my center chest, between the breasts. It lasts about 45 min to 1 hour. It happens whether or not I have food in my stomach. These are not medications that can be made into liquid form or chewables. Does anyone else have the same problem and/or a suggestion??????:thumbup:

Talk to your doctor and/or pharmacist about this. Could be the medication you are taking.... some anti-inflammatories will do that.... things like Celebrex, Rx that are taken for arthritis, typically. Some pills are not supposed to be cut in half. Pharmacist could probably have a lot of suggestions as to what is doing it and what med you might be able to substitute.

What kind of Protein are you guys using? What do you mix it with?

I have a flavorless Whey protein that you can put in anything... no taste, mixes nicely.

Even though I was banded in March of 2006, I'm a newbie here. I'm a 54 year old female who initially lost 10lbs in my first six weeks after being banded and now I'm going nowhere fast. My doctor doesn't want to give me a fill, since I still have trouble with certain foods and my doctor feels that I have alot of restriction. He's concerned that if he gives me a fill, I might damage my esophagus. Has anyone heard

anything about this? Or does anyone suffer from this? My doctor said that if I continue down the path of not losing weight, he would like to remove the lapband. I was devastated when I heard this and perhaps finally believed and accepted that maybe I could try harder on my part. My husband and I were only blessed with one beautiful child, a daughter. She is to be married in 15 short months and I am planning a dream wedding. Does anybody have any input, suggestions or perhaps just your support, so I can be beautiful for "me" on our daughter's wedding day. Thank you for reading and God Bless you all.

Susie,

I don't understand why your doctor doesn't want to give you a fill?? What kinds of foods are you having trouble with?? All of us have some degree of trouble getting certain things down. Sometime I have a problem with chicken, other times I don't. Band is tighter at times than others. Are you taking very small bites and chewing your food to death.

As Denise said, if you tell us what you are eating, what kind of exercising you are doing, we may be able to help. Please don't give up. Are you in a support group of any kind? This is something you have to work at... the weight will not just fall off by itself. I call that "bypass mentality". I think it's probably a lot easier with bypass, but this is a lot healthier. But it does take a total renewing of the mind where food is concerned, and, really, a complete lifestyle change.

Maybe someone can help me with a problem I've been having: I need to take two pills in the a.m. One is the size of an aspirin and the other slightly larger. I cut both in half. About 30 min later I have burning pain in my center chest, between the breasts. It lasts about 45 min to 1 hour. It happens whether or not I have food in my stomach. These are not medications that can be made into liquid form or chewables. Does anyone else have the same problem and/or a suggestion?

Can you crush your pills? They make pill crushers and then you can put it in something to get it down.

I always take my pills with hot Water. Hot will open the band. Can you take them later in the day? A lot of people find themselves to be more open than in the morning.

Hope everyone had a relaxing 4th of July weekend. Mine wasn't too relaxing but it was a good one. I had 20 people here on the 4th for a BBQ, went to my inlaws the next day for another one, and went out after church for lunch today. My first big weekend with challenges, etc. since surgery one month ago. And I am very please to report I am down 3 more pounds over all. I got really nervous on Sat. morning as it said I was up one but it left and took some friends with it today!! I am losing so good, I'm beginning to get afraid I won't get my first fill a week from tomorrow. However, I notice my portions growing from 4 oz to closer to 8 and feeling hunger more between meals. I average 700 - 800 cals a day. I am very anxious for the first fill.

Will check back in tomorrow. Just wanted to say howdy! Thanks for accepting me into the fold. Like CathyChatts said I feel like I have a new lapband family.

Susie - I see you are north of Boston, where abouts??

Long - I am hoping for my 2nd fill on Thursday. I also see my quantities increase, and this weekend I was "uncontrollable", and am angry with myself for leting it happen! Have to get back on track tomorrow.. Will push for a fill on Thursday and hope to get it. I know my issues with certain foods seem to be more my issues of eating too fast, and not chewing. but I cannot complain with a 2# average weight loss per week.