Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Denise, I know this seems overwhelming right now. I lost my mother 18 months ago and she had a LOT of things. It is never easy. My father is on his own and his memory is not as sharp as it use to be. He is grieving and also need help. Lots of the time I think am sad and think, "He is suppose to be my father and take care of me. How and when did this get all turned around?" Time passes really fast now. I would suggest, just like in our weight losses Quest, we take it in little baby steps. Just focus on one task at a time. When it is completed, go to the next. Don't try to look at the huge big picture right now. You already now what that pictures looks like and it will overwhelm you. Work on the little goals. What needs to be done will, and the rest will fall into place. God Bless, you are in my prayers.

Becky

You are most likely done with surgery - I have said my prays for a speed recovery - Let us know how it went

Brend & Carol - thanks

Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts & prayers

My DIL came home and a burglary was in progress and she was stabbed - she got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. No major organs injured thank God..

Her Mom was here so I went ahead and went to Laughlin and saw my Trace Atkins - OMW what a man...

Son & family are staying with me - so I have a house full..

Well I gotta get back to work - just thought I would say hi..

Denise - Hugs to you my thoughts & prayers are with you too during this stressful time..

Janet, sorry to hear about your DIL. Hope she has a speedy recovery. An incident like that can make a person feel terribly violated for quite some time.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your concert in Laughlin. Always fun to travel!

Shirley who is your orthopaedic surgeon. I am in Michigan

Bren

Janet - so sorry to hear about your DIL...I'm glad she's home with family and pray for her healing inside & out. Also, glad it worked out for you to see your "man".

Denise - hang in there girl! I know this is a terrible time for you. Isn't your D & GBaby with you? I've tried to call the phone # you gave me but it's saying the # has been disconnected. Please call me anytime. You have my cell & home #s. I'm only about an hour and a half away, I'm sure we could work something out to see each other or if I can help you in some way. Please call me.

Becky - hope your surgery went well this morning and you're home soon!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Carol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Hey gang, Just thought I'd give an update. I was banded on 4-23 & I'm down 27 lbs, no pre-op diet. Had a little nausea for a few days but started felling better after starting mushes. Feeling good right now & have started working out but lightly. Hope everyone is doing well & will keep you posted

Congratulations JohnC! Sounds like you're doing everything right! Glad you're feeling good & back on your feet. Keep us posted. 23_28_107.gifCarol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

His name is Dr. Dennis Kelly. He is at St. John's Oakland, in Madison Heights, Michigan. He is a wonderful doctor, he has at least 25 years of experience as a orthopedic surgeon. I have no complaints, or regrets about goling to him for my knee replacements. My first knee replacement was done in February of last year, my second knee replacement was done in May of last year. They had me up and walking by the second day. And that was with both knees. With the second knee though, I knew what to expect so I got myself up and was walking the halls befour I knew it. You can contact his office, and I'm sure they'd be glad to help you. His staff is very professional, and they will help however they can. He has great bedside manner, the nurses that work for him make sure that you get the utmost care. They all have a lot of respect for him, and they love to work for him, and I can understand why he is an excellent doctor. Good luck!

Shirley.

Edited by sstasevich

You are all very sweet! I do have my daughter and son in law with me and they have been a big help. We are having a big estate sake this

weekwnd. It's just been hard to get ready for it cause my dad is 89. Everything has to be washed before it can be sold. My dad was not

good about having the cleaning lady come like he needed to. Plus he is

a huge pack rat. We got a dumpster today.

It will all work out. IfI don't have enough time to get it clean enough, after the sale, he will have to hire someone. I was only able to take 2 weeks off work and my kids took a week off. This is more like a two month job rather than a two week job. He's already moved into his assisted living place and the house is just going to have to sit until it's ready to be shown by a realtor.

Hi Everyone,

Well, I was banded Apr 23rd (same as John-you are doing great John) and have lost 12 lbs since surgery and 27 lbs total since mid February 08. I don't get my first fill until May 30th but I hope I can lose a little more before going for that. It just seems abnormal to not steadily lose. I saw alot of family for Mothers Day who had not seen me for a few months and got very pleasant reactions as they could notice the change in me already. Went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and had them custom make me a virgin margarita made from Crystal Lite lemonade..... I've even updated my signature picture here which is definitely a big improvement from Mothers day.

Slow and steady seems to be the mantra. Good luck to all and keep up the good work.

Yvonne:thumbup:

Janet - so sorry to hear about your DIL. I can't imagine the fear and violtion she feels. So glad to hear she is doing well.

And you got to see Trace Atkins. All the best to her for a speedy recovery.

Denise- Baby steps, is a good way to describe the process. It is a daunting tsk to clean a house and get it ready for sale. My siblings and I took almost 5 months before we had my mom's house up for sale after her death. All but one of us were out of town and that also makes it that much more difficult to get things done. Now we work on my sister's place. All the best in this endeavor.

My fill - went great. 4cc in my AP-L band. thought i felt nothing different, but went out to dinner lst night. and felt it. But there is definitely a difference depedning on what I eat. All I had was some sashimi..(100% protein)and it tasted great.. but only 4 pieces/ I used to order 3-4 sushi rolls and devour them all by myself..

This is my big weekend. Off to Cincinnati for my nephews wedding. This is the first time I will be seeing my brother and his family since end of January. and boy wll they see a difference. I bought a great dress and still looking for the shoes......always something..

God bless to all.

Janet, sorry to hear about your DIL, I hope she is doing well now.

Well, yesterday was my weekly weigh in and I was very discouraged to only see .6 lb loss since last week. Anyway, since I track my food daily, I know that I had a large increase of sodium last week plus I was not able to do my treadmill as often as I have been because my FIL is in the hospital and that truly through my eating and exercising off tremendously. Anyway, I was down in the dumps yesterday because of the slight weight loss for the week but this morning, after being up 2 or 3 times in the nite going to the bathroom decided to weigh again this morning and was down another .8 lb putting me at 239.2 which made me much happier this morning getting under 240 so I'm in a much better frame of mind today. :)

This weekend my DH and I are going to Branson for a long weekend in our RV so I'll have to be really careful of what I eat so hopefully, I won't gain weight before I weigh in again next Monday. At least having the RV, I can prepare most of my food there which should help. I'm not do for another fill til May 23 so it's been real easy getting everything down that goes into my mouth, so I'm living on lots of will power right now. I can do this, I can do this, I just need to keep telling myself this!!

Good Morning..

Terri - I gotta tell you I have always been happy with a 1/2 loss as long as it's a loss and not a gain - I can tell by my rings if I am retaining Water and my eyes - I have little bags that really puff up when I have had too much salt - Suggestion - the day before your weigh in always drink plently of water. Hope your FIL is getting better - I totally get the whole family issues throwing a wrench in your exerices - I did get a little last week but missed somedays due to the drama then being gone for the weekend - but I did walk..

My DIL is doing great all things considered - I have a house full - it's usually just me and my GS now DS DIL 2 GD'S (13 &4) and my 2 fur babies. They ordered pizza last night - but I didn't have any :thumbup: just my fish rice & carrots - Yea me - but truly I have never been a big big pizza eater - usually 1 every six months or so..

Lynn - You don't have to do liquids after your fill - I am supose to do week liq - week mushie - week soft - then regular - since I am not the best person to follow orders:biggrin: - I usually just do a couple days liquids then move to mushie/soft which is what most of my eating consist of..

Denise- Hugs - One day at a time - that's all you can do... That's my mantra anyway - I am really working on not letting things upset me - I have not control - the only thing I have control over is how I react to the sistuation.

Yvonne - 12 lbs in 2 weeks - that's good what's abnormal about that. Some weeks you may lose 1 lbs - then the next 2.5 - then .5 then 3.0

Just follow your heathly eating plan and exercise and you will do great -

Carol - Hugs and thanks we are all doing quite well considering - I can tell you that Trace is a PERFECT PICTURE OF A MAN...

Ok gotta get to work - so will check ya'll later - Good food Choice and drink your water..

I am new to this thread. I am getting banded on May 22nd by Dr. Zapata in Monterrey. I am going alone. My family is not being very supportive which is why I am eternally grateful for this web site. I am 53 and have struggled with weight issues all my life. My annual visit in February with my doctor was not very encouraging either. Since i have finally surpassed menopause, she told me that my metabolism will keep slowing and that weight and high blood pressure are at the top of my list of problems. That did it! No more! I am not embarrassed or ashamed at my decision nor do I owe anyone an explanation. It's my life and i am going to take charge. There is enough wonderful information and support here that I believe I will succeed. Even though I don't post often, I feel like i know so many of you from reading your posts and seeing your pix. I look forward to chatting.

Good for you Fluffycat, you go girl. I'm sure most of us have gone most of our lives living for the husband, for the kids, for our jobs and forgetting about ourselves. I felt just the same as you as far as doing this for me so that I can live a longer life and enjoy it more.

I'm rooting for you and for all of us to continue to take care of ourselves so that we can meet our expectations and even go beyond them.

Yvonne

This weekend my DH and I are going to Branson for a long weekend in our RV so I'll have to be really careful of what I eat so hopefully, I won't gain weight before I weigh in again next Monday. At least having the RV, I can prepare most of my food there which should help. I'm not do for another fill til May 23 so it's been real easy getting everything down that goes into my mouth, so I'm living on lots of will power right now. I can do this, I can do this, I just need to keep telling myself this!!

I am SO jealous of your trip to Branson!

When we lived in OK, we went there with our RV about every summer for at least a few days, sometimes for a week! LOVE it there! We always stay ...at the RV park by the IMAX, I think it's called Treasure Island RV. Nice place! I love to shop in Branson at all those little craft shops!!