Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hey all you wonderful banders out there. I am being banded in two days and I am beside myself with excitment and anticipation. No one else really can understand how that feels but you. I have to be at the hospital Monday morning at 5:30. My sister is spending the night so she can drive me there and stay with me untill I come out of surgery. My husband will be there when I get to my room. (he makes me nervous before surgery so I am having him stay at home) Anyway, I have packed my hopital bag and put my Ipod in so I can listen to calming music in my room. I have no idea how I will react to the surgery but from what I have heard from all of you is that it is not too bad. Wish me luck and I will let you know how I am doing when I get home. YIKES!!!:biggrin::thumbup: Becky

We're rooting for you Becky!! And we're excited for you.

We'll be waiting for an update.

You'll do fine!

Thanks for the tip, Sugrbear!

I was banded in Jan. of this year and have lost 40lbs. Before I was banded I lost 45 lbs. pre-surgery.

I am 2 lbs. til goal.

After all this success you would think I would learn to slow down when eating and chew my food really well.

Well I got something caught because the piece was too big.

Not something I would like to go through again.......

Any one else have the same experience???

Luckily I didn't throw up, but it took me a day to feel better after the food went through the band.

I was just banded on April 27th. Going well so far. Just wanted to log on to the over 50 group. Haven't had a fill yet. :thumbup:

We're rooting for you Becky!! And we're excited for you.

We'll be waiting for an update.

You'll do fine!

Thanks so much Phyll....I do appreciate the support:wub: Becky

Hey all you wonderful banders out there. I am being banded in two days and I am beside myself with excitment and anticipation. No one else really can understand how that feels but you. I have to be at the hospital Monday morning at 5:30. My sister is spending the night so she can drive me there and stay with me untill I come out of surgery. My husband will be there when I get to my room. (he makes me nervous before surgery so I am having him stay at home) Anyway, I have packed my hopital bag and put my Ipod in so I can listen to calming music in my room. I have no idea how I will react to the surgery but from what I have heard from all of you is that it is not too bad. Wish me luck and I will let you know how I am doing when I get home. YIKES!!!:Dancing_wub::tt1: Becky

Hey Becky,

Good luck on your surgery, you'll do fine16_2_26.gif. When you get home make sure you have some gas-x and a heating pad, I found they helped alot. 36_22_25.gif My prayers are with you, let me know how you do.

Monday I will be 3wks post-op and will start regular food36_1_34.gif Enough about me, good luck.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNfox000

Hi everyone

Haven't hopped on the band wagon lately so I thought I would see whos doing what. Indio, Janet CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You and Phyls are the two that inspire me. You girls seem to know this band best of all. I am still waiting for my Insurance to send authorization and then I get a surgery date. Can't wait but I am nervous. Anyway, I will keep reading and posting when I can. thanks for the inspiration all of you!!!!!

Becky Ox

Hi everyone, I am 4 days past surgery and tonight, my port site has a yellowish discharge and is a little itchy. The steristrips are still on as is the clear plastic bandage but it's leaking. It's got me scared. Anyone experience anything similar? thanks.

Sounds like you might have a port infection. I think you should tell your

dr.

Has anyone ever gotten sick. In the last few days I have vomited. I know it has been eating too fast. I think the pieces of chicken I ate were too big. I just want to know if anyone has experienced this before.

Yes, that is what bandsters call pbing. productive burp. It is more like

vomittting. You need to cut your food up into tiny pieces and chew

very well. Wait in between bites to see how it's sitting before you

try another piece.

Vomitting is not good for the band. It can cause complications down the

road. Try to chew until it's liquid in your mouth before swallowing.

Hi Carol, Thanks for the encouraging words. I bought some GasX today and I'll dig out my heating pad too. I really appreciate hearing from other lap banders. I don't feel like I am going this alone. Thanks again, Becky:wub:

Hey gang, Just thought I'd give an update. I was banded on 4-23 & I'm down 27 lbs, no pre-op diet. Had a little nausea for a few days but started felling better after starting mushes. Feeling good right now & have started working out but lightly. Hope everyone is doing well & will keep you posted

Hi Becky:

You know the saying, "The best is yet to come".

Waiting for your approval will only allow you to mentally prepare

for your surgery! I had to wait 8 mos. before my insurance was

approved, however it was some paperwork glitches- office and

fax technicalities, etc.

Remember to keep a positive attitude while you are waiting,

and to keep saying it's for your better health.

I have done really well, no pain meds after surgery, or any

really serious complications. I had some minor soreness and

was really dried out from not drinking anything for so long.

I lost a pound each day for about two weeks! Then when

my doctor told me to go to soft foods, it was easier.

Time will be on your side!

Since my surgery on Feb. 26th I have lost 39 lbs. now.

I had my first fill about 3 weeks ago. At first I didn't realize

it, then about last week I began feeling really full so much

sooner. You will also learn about Portion Control. This is

really important!

I am looking forward to buying new clothes as I have only

two sizes smaller in my closet. You will be amazed how

much better you are going to be feeling!

Best Regards,

Judie

I have been eating very badly. This whole situation I have going on here- trying to sell all of my dad's things and trying to do some upgrades to the house to try to get it sold in this bad market has

been very stressful for me. No matter what I do, my dad is not

happy with it anyway.

There is so much stuff here to try to sell, I just don't know how it's going to be possible to the the house put on the market. I just don't have as much time as is really needed to get everything done.

Of course I have been eating all wrong and I am sure I am going to have to pay for it when I get back to Oregon. I do go to the gym, but it's even hard to carve out a small amount of time to do that.

It's so depressing knowing my dad's health is failing and can't do any of this himself. He needs the money from the sale of his house to pay for assisted living.

I hope I don't gain too much weight but at least I know with the band how to take it back off. It's terrible that when I am so stressed, those comfort foods are all I think about.

AthinnerDenise,,I was touched by your last entry, I do not know your entire story as I just started monitoring this thread, but I do know family issues of these sorts can take the biggest tolls on our lives, I would say to you.. stop,, step back, take a deep breath and take stock of what you have already done, and don't worry if it has been good enough,, Do what you realistically can do and the rest will work itself out.. I really beleive God steps in and guides us in times like this if we remember to let him. I dont know your personal beliefs and would never want to offend you in any way,,, let god take your hand and lead you through this time, let him help you take this burden and lighten it. He knows where your heart is and what you have done. Don't beat yourself up over it. Is there anyway for you to have someone there assist you with some of the things you feel responsiblitiy for at this time? I know selling a home and personal items is very difficult but sometimes having a third party assist even if it means a small fee can ease the burden and emotional task it places on family to do this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Denise,

I can underdstand your issues. I have also had to do much of the same, twice in the past few years. Is there a chance of having some sort of "estate" sale. It is a great way to sell things that you need to and you don't have to remove them from the house. Not sure iof it is something that is typical on the west coast..

I agree, that if you can get anyone to help that is the greatest thing. Stepping back and taking care of you is also very important.

Keeping you in my prayers..Take care

Denise, I went through the very same thing as you a couple of years ago with my mother. Not sure if you are aware that your dad can keep his house and still stay in Assisted Living. I found out that once your dad's income is virtually depleted, no savings, etc. that Medicaid will pick up the cost of Assisted Living. He can keep his home, maybe you need to put selling his house on the back burner and let Medicaid kick in. Having the stress of selling his house and belongings would be one less thing you would need to worry about. I know this is a very trying time for you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.