Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Good luck to you Christy C. Well folks, I got my Insurance precert in the mail today. My surgeons office said he didn't get it so I faxed my copy to them. They will be calling me within the week to schedule a surgery date. They say somewhere between the end of June and 1st of July. Thanks Indio girl on the Protein information. I am going to start looking for that stuff of the internet. Do you have a good web site to find it on? I'm nervous and happy all at once. Should I ask my doctor to have me stay all night????

Beckyo:thumbup::biggrin::thumbup:

Good luck to you Christy C. Well folks, I got my Insurance precert in the mail today. My surgeons office said he didn't get it so I faxed my copy to them. They will be calling me within the week to schedule a surgery date. They say somewhere between the end of June and 1st of July. Thanks Indio girl on the Protein information. I am going to start looking for that stuff of the internet. Do you have a good web site to find it on? I'm nervous and happy all at once. Should I ask my doctor to have me stay all night????

Beckyo:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Beckyo

Here is a link Bariatic choice - they have good clear Liquid Protein - 70 calories and 15 grams of protein - I like the grape (taste like grape coolaide) & peach mango - you add then to your Water like crystal lite - but you are getting protein Bariatric Diet | Bariatric Protein supplements & Vitamins | Bariatric Weight Loss Products

I got my Unjury - directly from the unjury website

Welcome to the UNJURY Homepage

the Jay Robb was given to me by my boss but here is a link

Jay Robb New Whey, egg and soy Protein Powder - Official Site fruit Flush 3 Day Detox

I like the Jay Robb the best - it doesn't have a taste - but I don't think you can add it to warm foods -

I used the unflavored unjury with yogurt & fruit too to make a shake

You may want to order some samples 1st - like someone said - we all have diff taste - I can't remember the name of one that alot of pple like - matrix or something - I thought it was awful

Does your doc sell this stuff - mine does - Mine gave me a whole bunch of samples - and I made my choice from there..

My Insurance required it (overnight stay) for me personally I am glad I did - like i said - when I 1st woke up - I thought WTF have I done - but then just pushed the pain med button and went back to sleep - I had surgery like 6 a.m by 7 that night I was better and I remember getting a pain shot around 3 a.m. the next morning and then on Wed when the doc came to release me I was in MAJOR GAS PAIN - I was afraid to go home in that kind of pain cuz vicoden an I don't get along real well and I am single and live with my 17 yr gs - so I stayed an extra night - i really could have gone home at 6 p.m. that night - but wasn't thinking - i could have just called the doc and he would have released me over the phone.

Make sure you have the gas x strips... MAJORILITY IMPORTANT..

By the time I got home around 9:30 a.m on thrusday morning (had surgery on a Tues) I was doing ok - friday washed the patio off and washed the slider door to the pool..

Some insurance requires overnight stays some don't - it's all up to you and how you tolerate the surgery and who you have at home with you - also alot of pple sleep in recliners for the first few days - I don't have one so I slept in my bed - it wasn't super easy to get in and out but not that bad..

I hope i haven't scared you to death - but like when I asked my big sis does it hurt to have a baby - she said yes it hurts like hell - but when you see your baby you forget the pain - it's the same thing = ya it hurts when you 1st wake up and maybe the 1st 12 hrs - but after that it wasn't bad for me.. There are pple here who say it doesnt hurt and even girls younger than me who sound like real big babies (off work for 2 weeks) so it's really about how you handel the pain.

I went for my first fill on April 29th. I don't feel like I have lost any weight. But I felt that way before I went for my first fill. I am not below the 200 mark. My next fill is June 2nd. I don't know if I should call the Dr. and look stupid. All of this is new to me. :thumbup:

Hey you all!!! My doctors office called this morning and my surgery date is June 16, 2008. I did not expect it that quick. OMG I am nervous. They say they will send all of the paperwork in the mail to follow what I have to do so I should get that any day. Man this is going fast. Indio I am nervous. My husband finally made comment this morning. He said he likes me the way I am and that if I am doing this , I am doing this for myself, not him. I said for sure I am doing it for me. He says you like to stand at the stove and taste and now you won't be able to get past the stove because you will be full. He says I should try and do this on my own again. What the hell is wrong with him now?????? Yes I am scared but I think my health will be much better. The only thing I worry about is my bad back. I have a disc problem up high and down low so I hope this helps that. I have also been diagnosed with Osteoporsis so I hope this also helps. I can't seem to find an Osteo pill that agrees with me yet. they make me sick so I don't take them but I do take Calcium. thanks for the information Indio. I need all of the info I can get at this point. Its only a few weeks away.

I welcome anyones comments. thanks Indio.

Beckyo:rolleyes2::thumbup::thumbup::biggrin2:

NMSunshine

I made my goal last Thursday 5/8/08 158 (160 was goal) 92 lbs gone in 9.5 months... I am on top of the world !!!!!! - I'm 5'4 started 250 am 158 as of last Thursday (my weigh in day) - I really want to get to 150 and did have that as my goal - but before I started with my weight trainer I was really afaird of not getting there and I put it back to 160 - heck when I first had surgery my goal was 170 - I never guessed that I would be able to lose all this weight.

Congrats on your new house - so you will winter in NM and Summer in Montana??

Yes, summer in Montana and winter in NM. I should be able to lose like that if I really carried through like you did. You inspire me....think I will set up some goals (excersize & diet) and just do it.

I went for my first fill on April 29th. I don't feel like I have lost any weight. But I felt that way before I went for my first fill. I am not below the 200 mark. My next fill is June 2nd. I don't know if I should call the Dr. and look stupid. All of this is new to me. :thumbup:

Sharon what are you asking??? You just had a fill on 4/29 (3 weeks ago) and you don't feel like you have lost weight?? are you saying you don't have any restriction, You don't own a scale??

What are you eating (types of foods & amounts)- do you have restriction - are you exercising - you really don't feel losing 3 lbs - your scale is what will reflect your weight loss

Do you want to move your next fill date up - so I take it you don't have restriction ???

Yes I am blond - but I don't think that's why I am confused :thumbup:

Please clarify....

Hey you all!!! My doctors office called this morning and my surgery date is June 16, 2008. I did not expect it that quick. OMG I am nervous. They say they will send all of the paperwork in the mail to follow what I have to do so I should get that any day. Man this is going fast. Indio I am nervous. My husband finally made comment this morning. He said he likes me the way I am and that if I am doing this , I am doing this for myself, not him. I said for sure I am doing it for me. He says you like to stand at the stove and taste and now you won't be able to get past the stove because you will be full. He says I should try and do this on my own again. What the hell is wrong with him now?????? Yes I am scared but I think my health will be much better. The only thing I worry about is my bad back. I have a disc problem up high and down low so I hope this helps that. I have also been diagnosed with Osteoporsis so I hope this also helps. I can't seem to find an Osteo pill that agrees with me yet. they make me sick so I don't take them but I do take Calcium. thanks for the information Indio. I need all of the info I can get at this point. Its only a few weeks away.

I welcome anyones comments. thanks Indio.

Beckyo:rolleyes2::thumbup::thumbup::biggrin2:

Beckyo

:thumbup:CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DATE :thumbup:

It's normal to be scared and happy all at once - I am very happy that your DH loves you as you are - That's great !!! But - wouldn't he like to see you healthier ?? For me that's what it all was about - yes I love the fact that I look so much better (icing on the cake) - but the reason for the surgery for me was to extend whatever life I have left..

Ya you are going to cook diff - things will change in the food arena - is your DH overweight?? What are your typical meals?? Is he going to lose his eating buddy??

Yes, summer in Montana and winter in NM. I should be able to lose like that if I really carried through like you did. You inspire me....think I will set up some goals (excersize & diet) and just do it.

Yes NMSunshine - That's what you gotta do:tongue:... You can do it !!!!

I remember how jazzed you were when you got your date and first got banded - If I can remember that so can you - Make up your mind - get a fill and JUST DO IT... It's so doable !!!! The band makes the job a little easier once you have good restriction, but even then you gotta make that committment to yourself - and you are worth it - you wanna be around to enjoy your 2 new homes.... :thumbup:

Hi Indio girl, I had a little scare this morning. I woke up with terrible pain and pressure in my diagphram. I was feeling short of breath and lightheaded. I called my Dr. and he had me go have an upper G.I. to make sure I am not blocked or having slippage. My husband suggested I take the pain med and it helped somewhat. I am just waiting to hear back from my doctor. I am also having trouble getting in all my Protein and Water. I am supposed to see the dietition on Monday. Anyone else experience this? I am also taking gas x and MOM to help with bowel movements. Becky

Hi Indio girl, I had a little scare this morning. I woke up with terrible pain and pressure in my diagphram. I was feeling short of breath and lightheaded. I called my Dr. and he had me go have an upper G.I. to make sure I am not blocked or having slippage. My husband suggested I take the pain med and it helped somewhat. I am just waiting to hear back from my doctor. I am also having trouble getting in all my Protein and Water. I am supposed to see the dietition on Monday. Anyone else experience this? I am also taking gas x and MOM to help with bowel movements. Becky

Becky

When are you going for the upper gi - today - remember I'm old - when did you get banded??? you are still on liquids how would it slip?? how much Water & Protein are you getting in - are you taking small sips - are you moving around - how's your blood pressure - are you diabetic..

I had the upper G.I. this morning and my Dr called and said everything was fine. My band was in the right place and there was no blockage. He said I need to work on getting in more fluids and Protein, by just sipping from the time I wake up in the morning. I think I just panicked. I was banded on Monday, May 12th. I have been moving around but not getting all my fluids in. I think I may have been dehydrated. It is 101 today in Chico. Anyway, I am fine now, just a little scare. Becky

I had the upper G.I. this morning and my Dr called and said everything was fine. My band was in the right place and there was no blockage. He said I need to work on getting in more fluids and Protein, by just sipping from the time I wake up in the morning. I think I just panicked. I was banded on Monday, May 12th. I have been moving around but not getting all my fluids in. I think I may have been dehydrated. It is 101 today in Chico. Anyway, I am fine now, just a little scare. Becky

Ok good to hear - it's suppose to get like 110 on Sunday - right now my temp on my task bar says 97... Drink-drink-drink

Janet, I was not ready for the heat so soon! I am just going to concentrate on sip sip sipping my day away. I also found this Protein Drink people call the bullet. It has 25 gms in about 2.5 oz of Fluid. It is called New-Whey. O carbs O fat just pure Protein in a fruit punch flavor. It is pretty easy going down. I go back to work Monday so I have to get this routine down. Thanks for your support. Becky

I am 3 days out from Surgery and I am on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. The meal time liquids can be lite-sugar --Gatorade, Powerade, fruit juice and broth. But the rest of the time is no calorie drinks--water, tea, crystal light. No protein!

Doc says no problem at this point with no Protein.

Down 18 lbs--reached onederland today! I think of everything I was headed for (without a doubt) and everything I am preventing. I am proud of all of us!

I am 3 days out from Surgery and I am on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. The meal time liquids can be lite-sugar --Gatorade, Powerade, fruit juice and broth. But the rest of the time is no calorie drinks--water, tea, crystal light. No protein!

Doc says no problem at this point with no Protein.

Down 18 lbs--reached onederland today! I think of everything I was headed for (without a doubt) and everything I am preventing. I am proud of all of us!

CONGRATS ON ONELANDER JB:thumbup:

Clear liquids only :thumbup: - I am glad I was allowed creamed Soups - but I did make some homemade broth for my clear liquid day before surgery... I can't stand the canned or boxed stuff...

jbflorida, I can't wait to be in the onesies, or onederland as you call it. That will be a happy day for me too. Keep up the good work! Becky