Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi Waynette,Explain to the nurses about your veins and past history and then ask if the annesthesiologist can start your IV. I used to work in the Pre Op area of the hospital and if one of my patients had a history of difficult IV starts I wouldn't even attempt it and just call for an anesthesiologist. That is probably your best bet. My very best wishes to you for a safe and uneventful surgical experience. My prayers are with you. Becky

Sherilynn, It could be dehydration or it could be caffeine withdrawal. Are you a coffee, tea or cola drinker? I had to have a little coffee in the morning at first to keep from having a headache. Be sure to get plenty of fluids.

Yes, I have been banded over a year and am considering having it removed. I get sick on an average of twice a week. This makes me restort to soft, mayo covered foods, shakes, etc. just to get something down and staff of huger pains. THis is no way to life. I would rather go on a salad, fish and fruit diet than this. Any other people tired of living like this? I have had almost all the fill removed. It is embarrassing.

Hi, everyone! What a great place you have here! I am totally new -- still haggling with insurance, and scheduled for initial appointment on June 7. I am learning so much from all of you. Thanks!:)

Yes, I have been banded over a year and am considering having it removed. I get sick on an average of twice a week. This makes me restort to soft, mayo covered foods, shakes, etc. just to get something down and staff of huger pains. THis is no way to life. I would rather go on a salad, fish and fruit diet than this. Any other people tired of living like this? I have had almost all the fill removed. It is embarrassing.

BTK sorry for your problems - I am thankful that I haven't had any problems - The only time I pb is when I have eaten to fast or not chewed well enough or taken one to many bites - my human errs not the band fault.

Hi, everyone! What a great place you have here! I am totally new -- still haggling with insurance, and scheduled for initial appointment on June 7. I am learning so much from all of you. Thanks!:)

Welcome Linda

Yes our thread is great and the whole LBT site is too - It's a GREAT place for info & support.

We are here for you..

Great News! :) My test all came back good! I can have my surgery! :eek: The excess Fluid is going away and I am feeling great! We still don’t know the cause, but it might be something I am allergic to. I have many food allergies! So! I am good to go on the 6th of June!:sleep::lol::sneaky:

Thanks to all of you who kept me in your prayers!

Good news, Cathy. I have been thinking of you and wondering when you would get some answers. Good luck with your surgery!

Hello everyone. I had my lap band done on 5/6/08. I am back at work, no pain, no complications, frankly, it was a breeze. Looking forward to some weight loss. Hope this is some encouragement for someone who is contemplating or afraid.

Thank you, I'll do that. I don't want someone trying that will end up poking me over and over. Someone even suggested having them put it in my neck, but I'm not sure about that!

Good Waynet, You can be assertive without being offensive and if the nurse gives you any guff just ask to speck to her charge nurse. I always listen to my patients because they they usually know about their bodies better than I do. I don't ever want to cause unnecessary pain or grief for my patients. Be nice but proactive. Good luck, Becky

Cathy, I am so happy for you!!! I am glad that things are resolved and you are headed for surgery. I am so happy I had my LB surgery. Now that I am all recovered I feel like a new person. My spirits are soaring! I have come to realize that in this life you have to grab the joy and have gratitude for it. I know that we have to experince both the pain and joys of life and I am riding the wave of joy right now!! I wish you great success and smooth sailing through your surgery. Becky

Sharon....Congrats on coming through with flying colors! I am very happy for you. Keep in touch about your progress. I love to hear how others are doing. Becky

Hi, everyone! What a great place you have here! I am totally new -- still haggling with insurance, and scheduled for initial appointment on June 7. I am learning so much from all of you. Thanks!:rolleyes:

Hi LindaK, I am new here too and love the site. Everyone is so kind. We and my daughter's family leased a condo in March on the West end of Galveston Bay. It was a beautiful area and we loved it. As it was our first time to the area, I had no idea when booking the vacation that we would be around 25 miles one way from the main tourist area! It worked out great though. We had lots of beach time, walking, shell collecting, and playing with the grandchildren. We went to the main strip once an evening to eat dinner. I would do it again in a minute.

Hi everyone,

I went to nutrition class tonight. Next on June 10 is preop tests and then June 18 is surgery. I am so nervous about this. I don't want to get sick and I just can't understand how you get back to eating a little food. I don't know why I am having so many questions in my mind but I am. I have to do a five day fast on liquids and I get shakey when I don't eat so I am nervous about that also. Indio and Phil, you girls know the most about this I think so I need some positive advice. I am scared to death!!!! What is wrong with me? I hope I have energy after surgery so I can start walking again. Email me at ox333@sbcglobal.net. I cant imagine what this is going to be like with the band. Am I going to be able to eat most things again, even in moderation. I will be a good judge of food choices. Well enough, I think I am just nervous,

thanks for all of your positive replys

Beckyo:wub: