Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

PHYLL & INDIGO GIRL

Hi, hows it going?

Where in the h*ll have you been NMsunshine - I was asking about you a while back - is everything ok...

I am new to this thread. I am getting banded on May 22nd by Dr. Zapata in Monterrey. I am going alone. My family is not being very supportive which is why I am eternally grateful for this web site. I am 53 and have struggled with weight issues all my life. My annual visit in February with my doctor was not very encouraging either. Since i have finally surpassed menopause, she told me that my metabolism will keep slowing and that weight and high blood pressure are at the top of my list of problems. That did it! No more! I am not embarrassed or ashamed at my decision nor do I owe anyone an explanation. It's my life and i am going to take charge. There is enough wonderful information and support here that I believe I will succeed. Even though I don't post often, I feel like i know so many of you from reading your posts and seeing your pix. I look forward to chatting.

Fluffy - GOOD FOR YOU !!!! We are the same age (well I was banded last July and I was 52) It is the BEST THING I have ever done for me..

You are going to have so much more energy, self confidence etc..

I have gone from an 18/20 pant to a size 8 - I feel 10 yrs younger - I have improve the quality of my life 100 fold...

You got US !!!! We got your back - so don't ever be afraid to ask question - rant rave (even about non band issues - we are a family here)

Good Luck and keep us posted....

AMEN!,Fluffycat......I too, am awaiting a surgery date. I look forward to sharing and caring with you and all these wonderful bandsters.

Where in the h*ll have you been NMsunshine - I was asking about you a while back - is everything ok...

sO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. My BF bought us a house in Livingston, Montana. We spent some time house hunting and driving. Livingston is about 1100 miles from here in Silver City New Mexico. Once we got back here, I've been getting stuff ready to take up North in July. It's 3400 sq. ft. and I have to figure out how to survive for 3 months in a giant empty house. Now we have two houses to drain us of all our money and figure out how to double up on everything.

I've been doing real bad on my weight. I've gained back several pounds. I really need a fill and not the time to get one.

The other day I started a thread about fills in Bozeman, MT (about 25 miles from Livingston.) Got some good referals and met someone who lives in tiny little Livingston!!!!!

OH and decided that I need to attend to my diet, excersize and friends at Lapband.

Anything new for you? Hows the weight loss going? :smile2:

Janet, How scary that your DIL was robbed and stabbed. I am so glad she is okay.

I will never be a size 8. I would probably have to los 40 more lbs. I wish I was taller. I am sure I have gained at least 5 lbs here but I am not going to worry about it until I get home into my own

routine.

Welcome to all the new bandsters. We have a wonderful gift around our tummys. I may not be a size 8 but I am thrilled to be a 12. I love that really the only hunger I get is head hunger. I am a happy bandster even though I am not a happy camper right now, trying to empty out my dad's house.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I am new to this thread. I am getting banded on May 22nd by Dr. Zapata in Monterrey. I am going alone. My family is not being very supportive which is why I am eternally grateful for this web site. I am 53 and have struggled with weight issues all my life. My annual visit in February with my doctor was not very encouraging either. Since i have finally surpassed menopause, she told me that my metabolism will keep slowing and that weight and high blood pressure are at the top of my list of problems. That did it! No more! I am not embarrassed or ashamed at my decision nor do I owe anyone an explanation. It's my life and i am going to take charge. There is enough wonderful information and support here that I believe I will succeed. Even though I don't post often, I feel like i know so many of you from reading your posts and seeing your pix. I look forward to chatting.

fluffycat,

Do what you have to for YOU. It is so important that you get healthy. My weight loss has been slow but I feel so much better!!! I'm just 30 minutes north of JIA and go to St Vincent's every 4 weeks for fills. Email me anytime dawgfans@tds.net . You can do this!!!:smile2:

Teresa

NMSunshine

I made my goal last Thursday 5/8/08 158 (160 was goal) 92 lbs gone in 9.5 months... I am on top of the world !!!!!! - I'm 5'4 started 250 am 158 as of last Thursday (my weigh in day) - I really want to get to 150 and did have that as my goal - but before I started with my weight trainer I was really afaird of not getting there and I put it back to 160 - heck when I first had surgery my goal was 170 - I never guessed that I would be able to lose all this weight.

Congrats on your new house - so you will winter in NM and Summer in Montana??

Go get a frickin fill - No Fricken EXCUSES !!!! - come on our 9/11 surgery baby - you had the surgery now get your tool adjusted and work it girl/..

Denise - you don't look that short - heck your weight is less than mine

The guy didn't get anything - I think he had just entered the house when she came in..

oh it's time for me to leave - gotta p/u DGD from preschooll

ck back tonite.. After the gym

WOW Janet, how scary! I am glad your DIL is doing better and you got to see your show.

Yeah, I had surgery yesterday at 0745 and did fantastic. My surgeon said it was a textbook case and all my internal organs looked beautiul:closedeyes:, I am so proud. I was in my room by 0930 and had a great day. No nausea, heartburn, headache or anything, just some mild pain at the port site. Today is a little different story. I was home by 1030 this morning.I started having some moderate pain. My stomach is more swollen. I am taking LorTab elixir which makes me very sleepy but really eases the pain. When I am awake I am walking and sipping the day away. I go to my first postop class next Monday and I see Dr Ludwig on Thurs for my post op visit and clearance to go back to work next Monday. I can't believe how easy it was and thanks to this website and much support from my family and friends I am well onto a speedy recovery for my new life!!! I am so jazzed! Thanks again for your kindness and support, Love, Becky:wub:

Phyl,

We also love Branson and we stay at the RV resort you are referring to, it's called Treasure Lake RV Resort. We actually have a membership there and we are able to stay for $3 per nite. When we first jointed 4 or 5 years ago, we could stay for $1 per nite. It's only a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive for us so we are usually in Branson 2-3 times a year. This year we haven't been yet so I'm looking forward to it. We have to be back to work on Monday, so we'll just be there Thursday thru Sunday and then it's back home. But, in a couple of weeks we'll be off in the RV again to Nashville for a little over a week for the CMA Fest, love that country music.. Costs of diesel scares me, but don't want to waste money on a hotel when we've spent so much money for the RV so have to bite the bullet and just go and buy the fuel and roll on. :tongue2: Someday, after my DH and I retire, maybe we'll be able to meet up with you somewhere in our travels. I'm hoping to retire from AT&T in February of next year. (LAUGHING) I told DH he can't retire from the Fire Department til I retire!!

Becky

So happy to hear that you had an uneventful surgery and are on the road to recovery. You sound GREAT.. I had surgery on Tues and was back to work on Monday (desk job).

Take it easy - walk and follow your doc's instructions - and you will do just fine.

Thanks Indiogirl......any hints on how to get out of bed and chairs without hurtin. Today has been a little rough because I am having some swelling on my stomach and more pain. It is not terrible just uncomfortable. But getting up and down is challenging. Becky

Thanks Indiogirl......any hints on how to get out of bed and chairs without hurtin. Today has been a little rough because I am having some swelling on my stomach and more pain. It is not terrible just uncomfortable. But getting up and down is challenging. Becky

Becky

It's going to hurt a tad - I remember that when I first stood up i would be a little hunched over - I didn't have stairs so can't help there - suggesstion stay down stairs :thumbdown: your port site hurts the longest - 2-3 weeks. also I don't have a recliner so I slept in my bed - and it was a little slow getting out in the mornings..

Take your liquid tylenol - rest & walk - get your fluids & Protein and give yourself time to heal - I was feeling pretty good by the 3rd & 4th day...

Janet, thanks for the good feed back, It helps to know that others had the same symptoms and that it goes away quickly. It has been a challenge getting in all the Protein and water.....I have no hunger...weird, but good weird! Keep in touch, Becky