Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Janet, I have been wondering where you were! I am flying out tomorrow.

I think I leave Portland around 2:00 and get into Phoenix around 4:00

Will be flying home the 22nd. I wish I could say it was going to be fun, but I know cleaning out my dad's house and getting rid of everything is

going to be anything but fun. I am not worried about the garage sale part of it, it's all the left over junk. I will probably just get a dumpster.

at 7 weeks post op, all i am doing right now is walking and stairs. Go to the DR on Friday and asking for a fill. Seem to able to eat more every day, but being strict on myself to keep the quantity low, but high protein..and of course, always the Water.< /strong>

I am thinking of joining the YMCA. May do more there if I have exercise buddies to do it with. I would also get one on one time and get a personalized exercise program to follow when I exercise. Trying to depend on myself to get that tuff done at home is tough and who has a complete gym in their house :rolleyes:But I have been keeping up with my 3 mile walk, at least 5 X a week.

Great concerts and events to be going to. I am looking into attending some events at our state fair this summer. Carrie Underwood, Trace Atkins.. Have to see if I can get tickets!

Ok, gotta get off to work

Have a great day everyone!

I am 53 and having my surgury this friday on May 9th. I have lost 17 lbs so far on liquid diet.I am so excited .Can't wait for 8am Friday morning. Wish me luck .Thank You All.:tt1::rolleyes:

Welcome to the newbies that have found this fifties thread, this is a great place to be. Ha, newbies, I still consider myself a newbie since I was just banded March 19, so I still chuckle to think that I'm not so new anymore, hehehe.

Anyway, yesterday was weigh day and I lost another 3 lbs last week, for a total of 22 lbs since surgery and 20 lbs pre-op for a grand total of 42 lbs since January, so I can't complain. My short term goal is to lose another 8 lbs by end of May before I leave for vacation on June 1, so I'm on track so far.

I'm increasing the number of days that I do my treadmill from 3-4 days a week to 5 days a week and I do 45 minutes each time. I'm going to stay with this regimen for awhile.

Talk later, better get back to work.

at 7 weeks post op, all i am doing right now is walking and stairs. Go to the DR on Friday and asking for a fill. Seem to able to eat more every day, but being strict on myself to keep the quantity low, but high protein..and of course, always the Water.< /strong>

I am thinking of joining the YMCA. May do more there if I have exercise buddies to do it with. I would also get one on one time and get a personalized exercise program to follow when I exercise. Trying to depend on myself to get that tuff done at home is tough and who has a complete gym in their house :tt1: But I have been keeping up with my 3 mile walk, at least 5 X a week.

You're doing GREAT, Lynn! Off to an exciting start!

I am 53 and having my surgury this friday on May 9th. I have lost 17 lbs so far on liquid diet.I am so excited .Can't wait for 8am Friday morning. Wish me luck .Thank You All.:tt1::rolleyes:

We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, Roses!

You've done really well on the pre-op diet!

Anyway, yesterday was weigh day and I lost another 3 lbs last week, for a total of 22 lbs since surgery and 20 lbs pre-op for a grand total of 42 lbs since January, so I can't complain. My short term goal is to lose another 8 lbs by end of May before I leave for vacation on June 1, so I'm on track so far.

I'm increasing the number of days that I do my treadmill from 3-4 days a week to 5 days a week and I do 45 minutes each time. I'm going to stay with this regimen for awhile.

Talk later, better get back to work.

Wow! 42 lb since January.... great!

Doing well with exercise, too.

Keep up the good work!

Janet, I have been wondering where you were! I am flying out tomorrow.

I think I leave Portland around 2:00 and get into Phoenix around 4:00

Will be flying home the 22nd. I wish I could say it was going to be fun, but I know cleaning out my dad's house and getting rid of everything is

going to be anything but fun. I am not worried about the garage sale part of it, it's all the left over junk. I will probably just get a dumpster.

Denise

I guess you won't be reading this til you get to AZ - Have a safe trip Hugs - I know this has to be hard - call a cancer society - thrift store and see if they will p/u stuff that isn't sold.

I will be waving at you around 3 ish that's what time you should be flying over (i think its like a 30-45 min to Phoenix from PS)

Again Hugs - Janet

Lynn - Way to go :tt1:

Rose - Welcome :rolleyes:

Thin - Congrats :tt1:

Phyl - Good Morning :biggrin2:

Ok just a quick shoutout - cuz I am at work and need to get my butt in gear - TTYL

Bottled Water in your car..... very dangerous for women!!!!!!

This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the

Ellen show and said the same exact thing. This has been "IDENTIFIED"

as the most common cause of the high levels of breast cancer, especially

in Australia.

A friend whose mother wea recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The Doctor told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So please be careful, and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car, and pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!! The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in the breast tissue. So use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!! Newest information...

Shirley

yvonneb3 :You can keep trac of your calories even in the musshie stage. Get a book on calorie counting were they list all the foods.

"good to have" Go on line to calorie counter and feed in the foods,

and it will tell you the calories. Also info is usually on package. Example.

Insant Mashed Potatoes 1/4 cup 120 cal. 2g. protien

chicken Gravy 1/4 cup 25 cal 0g. protien

sugar free instant pudding 1 serv. 45 cal. 2g. protien

It's easy to add them all up, but you can also see why you need a good protien shake to make up the difference. Good Luck.. Shirley..

Diane - I see your surgery is getting close. Good luck.

Thank you so much. I am getting very, very excited!

Bottled Water in your car..... very dangerous for women!!!!!!

This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the

Ellen show and said the same exact thing. This has been "IDENTIFIED"

as the most common cause of the high levels of breast cancer, especially

in Australia.

A friend whose mother wea recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The Doctor told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So please be careful, and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car, and pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!! The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in the breast tissue. So use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!! Newest information...

Shirley

Shirley

I ck'd this out on Snopes - snopes.com: Reuse of Plastic Bottles

You really can't beleive all the emails you get via the internet - I always ck snopes before I forward..

IndioGirl55; I went to the web site and read the info. I do have a couple of concerns though. 1 In Michigan, they are talking about taking plastic baby bottles off the market. Because they have been linked to cancer. 2 The plastic companys are not about to admit to this even if it is true. "It's like the tobacco company saying ciggarettes don't cause cancer." They have to stick to there guns. It's buisness. If you think back when everything was made of glass. I really don't remember this much cancer back then. I think it's worth the thought.

Shirley..

The hard plastic is polycarbonate. A simple way to determine whether a bottle or food container is made

of polycarbonate is to look at the recycling code on the bottom of the

container. If the recycling code is #7, this indicates polycarbonate

plastics. To avoid polycarbonates, choose containers made of glass or

polyethylene (#1, #2, #4 recycling codes), or polypropylene (#5).

Canada is considering banning it. I don't use it and it's best not to use it in a microwave.

The hard plastic is polycarbonate. A simple way to determine whether a bottle or food container is made

of polycarbonate is to look at the recycling code on the bottom of the

container. If the recycling code is #7, this indicates polycarbonate

plastics. To avoid polycarbonates, choose containers made of glass or

polyethylene (#1, #2, #4 recycling codes), or polypropylene (#5).

Canada is considering banning it. I don't use it and it's best not to use it in a microwave.

Yeah, I bought a brand new $12 Camelbak bottle about two days before they came out with that....

sure enough, it has a #7 on the bottom!!

I also bought a much cheaper Rubbermaid bottle a few days before that.. no problem with that one! When I went back to the first store a few days later... almost all the Camelbak bottles had been pulled off the shelves.