Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I'm low on Fluid still after my post appendectomy unfill and partial refill. I've gained weight from that and the stress of DH's layoff, and am anxious to take it back off and start making progress again.

Finally we have something hopeful on the job front. DH is talking to a prospective employer about a job that would involve moving across the country.

We have been in this house 32 years so you can imagine the amount of stuff that needs to be dealt with if we do move. On the bright side, this would finally get my husband to part with his 8 feet of vinyl record albums! (Can you say packrat?) And it would bring us closer to our daughter and my sister.

He has a screening call from them tomorrow that should tell us a lot about if this is at all going to work for us. Any interest in him is heartening. It's been two months now he has been out of work. I wasn't an emotional eater until this. Visions of having to sell our house and what to do about the kitties have been haunting me. Then the unemployment checks didn't arrive, and that was scary because we were counting on them in our budget. Finally something was deposited yesterday! So I guess we won't have to ask our daughter for a loan.

DS is finished with school, his second Bachelor's, and is about to move in with his GF and hopefully start a good job, as long as his clearance goes through. And there is no reason why it shouldn't. DH will be helping him move this weekend.

I'm enjoying "kitchen sink" salads now that it is warm. I throw all kinds of chopped veggies and Proteins in, never quite the same twice. :-)

Cross your fingers!

OMW OREA - HUGS & PRAYERS !!!

What did you have done.........your arms?

Arms & breast if I remember correctly Charlene..

Jb - Where did they put your scar on the inside or back of your arms

How's the pain - how long did it take - this is the one surgery I really really really want...

HI everyone, just wanted to comment-My first fill went bad-I started burping and burping and couldn't stop burping, so the nurse said ok lets take it out and only put half back in. So I went for a month and ate, and ate, and ate,-I still lost 5 lbs but the 2nd fill went fine and now i feel that its probably about right. I am to go for another fill in three days and according to my scales i have lost about 6 lbs so i am going to tell them that i don't need one right now. As long as I am losing about 5-6 lbs per month i am happy. The slower the better I feel.

Good call, JulieJulie!

Exciting possibilities here. DH is talking to two companies. One job would take us to northern CA, the other to the Cincinnati area. We have been in this house for 32 years, so we are determinedly sorting our mass of stuff. It's a huge job. The other question is, how do you get 8 cats across the country in the summer? Keep in mind they don't all like each other. I have two that don't mix with the others or with each other. Yikes!

This week I go in for blood work for my surgeon, next week a badly needed fill.

Good call, JulieJulie!

Exciting possibilities here. DH is talking to two companies. One job would take us to northern CA, the other to the Cincinnati area. We have been in this house for 32 years, so we are determinedly sorting our mass of stuff. It's a huge job. The other question is, how do you get 8 cats across the country in the summer? Keep in mind they don't all like each other. I have two that don't mix with the others or with each other. Yikes!

This week I go in for blood work for my surgeon, next week a badly needed fill.

8 cats, if driving loooks like travel crates may be an option, if flying, they will have to be in travel crates.

My brother is in cincinnati, lovely area where he is.

Good luck to your DH

I moved after 25 years in the same house, my goodness, you never know how much you have collected until you are preparing to move. I had my trash company meda at me for all the stuff I put out each week, and goodwill gots LOTS of donations..

Good luck

Orea, awesome news about your DH. I don't know how you care for 8 cats. I am not a cat person.......barely a one dog person. I just like other peoples animals......except for Charlie. Yeah, I go for a fill next thursday. I have a feeling it will be small. I pb'd all day yesterday after having a confrontation with furniture customer service. Now, my gut is irritated.........just eating soft stuff.

Orea, if you move to Northern CA you won't be too far from me!

I can't imagine moving 8 cats!

8 cats???? I can't imagine owning 8 cats, I'm not a cat person either but am also highly allergic, almost was hospitalized after one encounter with a cat in Delaware. As for moving with them, in the summer the airlines generally have an embargo against shipping pets due to heat issues. We moved from Delaware to Colorado with 2 dogs the end of August. For that reason we had to drive the dogs and they were big dogs so it was hard to find hotels to stay in along the way that took animals. FYI, Motel 6's do.

8 cats???? I can't imagine owning 8 cats, I'm not a cat person either but am also highly allergic, almost was hospitalized after one encounter with a cat in Delaware. As for moving with them, in the summer the airlines generally have an embargo against shipping pets due to heat issues. We moved from Delaware to Colorado with 2 dogs the end of August. For that reason we had to drive the dogs and they were big dogs so it was hard to find hotels to stay in along the way that took animals. FYI, Motel 6's do.

Long,I was just thinking about you while watching QVC. How many calories are you eating now? I started journaling again and was suprised to find I was eating too many calories.....sometimes 1600 a day. All these APPs i use on my Iphone say I need to be eating anywhere from 1400 to 1600. What's up with that? I always put in my profile my height, weight, and that I want to lose 2lbs a week.

Long,I was just thinking about you while watching QVC. How many calories are you eating now? I started journaling again and was suprised to find I was eating too many calories.....sometimes 1600 a day. All these APPs i use on my Iphone say I need to be eating anywhere from 1400 to 1600. What's up with that? I always put in my profile my height, weight, and that I want to lose 2lbs a week.

I think I need to go back to tracking. I haven't tracked my food, calories, Protein in months and have continued to do well. However, lately I seem to be noticing that I am eating more, DH noticed too. I'm still not eating a lot and definitely not like before surgery, but I am basically maintaining. Sure I came home from my cruise a pound lighter, but that pound came back. I go back and forth. I am leary of a small fill since I had to have some taken out about 2 mos ago but maybe it's time to maybe put half of it back or something. Also, exercise has been remiss lately. I am so afraid of becoming complacent, I am 3 or 13 lbs from my goal and it would be a shame to be so close and not hit it, though I am pretty happy with where I am right now which I think is part of the reason I've noticed myself being a little more lax. I've gotten very comfortable. I am happy buying size 10's. I say I am 3 or 13 lbs from goal because my dr.'s highest goal for me is anything under 180 so 179 would hit that. But 169 gives me a normal BMI and is the 'ideal' goal he said. I have basically gone a month w/o losing now and have never done that before. It's freaking me out a little bit.

Got back from Louisana Tues. Had so much fun! Was a long ride though. I had to sit in the very back seat with all the luggage because I get very anxious and try to be a back seat driver. One of the other girls had to sit up front because she gets car sick. What a fine lot we were. The trip was great, but being with friends was best. Since I retired, I don't get to see all the friends I had at work very often. With the economy the way it is,I think I should have kept working.

I very sadly had to have my 14 year old cat euthanized on Wednesday. I found him in the middle of the street in front of our house when he was so tiny and helpless. Casper was a white blue eyed deaf kitten. The vet said that she felt like he had cancer. I always feel like there could have been more that we could do,but I didn't want him to suffer any more than he already had.

Still having trouble with pbing. I had a pretty hard time while we were in Louisiana. All you can eat buffets were just about more than I could stand. I did put way too much on my plate. Just wanted to try everything. Did do better the next night. Just a little and treated myself to a little dessert.

I've rattled on way too long. Hope I didn't bore everyone.

Till next time-----

Theresa

Theresa, my condolences. It cn be a hard call, when is time to let them go. I don't see death as a bad thing, so I have tried to lean toward not letting them suffer too much. My vet said in one case, you'll know it's time when she stops eating. (I still tear up when I think of her, and it has been over six years.)

We love and enjoy each of our 8 cats, but 8 is plenty and I wouldn't recommend any more than that, though we had 10 for a brief while. And the sad fact is, chances are we won't have 8 for too much longer. Sasha is 14or 15, Samoa and Mitzi are 12 or 13, Marissa is 9, Ginger is about 6, Magellan is 5, TK and Miss J are 4. My plan was, when I turned 50, to get my last cats, as they can live for 20 years. I hope to live past 70, but I don't want to burden my kids with my cats when I die. And I wanted a good sized crew to cushion the blow of losing them.

Now, with Bruce being jobless, my worry has been about the cats more than about us. I'd hate to have any thing bad happen to them because we couldn't keep them for some reason. I don't think I could live with betraying their trust. So I pray for a job soon for their sake as much as my own.

I very sadly had to have my 14 year old cat euthanized on Wednesday. I found him in the middle of the street in front of our house when he was so tiny and helpless. Casper was a white blue eyed deaf kitten. The vet said that she felt like he had cancer. I always feel like there could have been more that we could do,but I didn't want him to suffer any more than he already had. Theresa

Theresa, I know how you feel, 1 year ago I had to say a goodbye to my 21 year old cat Sam. I'd had him since his birth, as I also had his mother. It was extremely difficult; however, as the vet had said, I would know when it was time to go and although I miss him horribly, I take comfort in knowing he's no longer in pain. A friend sent me this poem which I think is very beautiful and when I get sad, I remember the poem. I hope you take comfort in it:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, Water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Long, I forgot..........how many calories were you eating when your were journaling?

Generally about 700 to 900 with a day or so of 1000-1200 usuall on the weekend. I am going to start journaling again today I think.

Orea and Angel---Thank you for the sweet notes. Both brought tears to my eyes. I miss Casper so much, but am thankful he is not suffering. After he was gone, I told our sweet vet that Casper was on the Rainbow Bridge. Our vet is so sweet, she and the staff had been sniffling all day about what had to be done. They are all so compasionate. Orea, if I lived close to you, I would try to help you out with your kitties. I swore I would not get another cat again. My dogs didn't like Casper and he sure didn't like them. I know you are worried about where you and your husband may have to move. It will be hard to take them all with you. I had to tranquilize our cat and dog for a trip one time. Maybe your vet can suggest what you could do.

Angel, just hold on to your sweet little cats. You know, when they come to live with us, they are so little and vulnable. It seems like you have forever to spend with them, then before you know it they have aged right along with you,only faster. Every time I have lost a pet, I decide that I'm not going to get another. After time, well..........

Thank you both for the condolences.

Theresa

Edited by mimi 22