Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Oregon...you are one in a million. Have never heard of someone being hungry after the sleeve. Have checked in on other threads just to see how you are doing. Hope the hunger subsides for you.

I am not nearly as hungry as I was the first few days. I started drinking more Protein Drinks and that has helped.

I expect once I move on to foods, that will be the end of hunger. It has been for everyone else. I have heard of some other people being hungry on Clear Liquids.< /p>

I get to move to full liquids on Mother's day, so I can have soup! Yay!

Oregondaisy...If I ever need to have a revision it would definatly be to the sleeve. I love my band, but kinda wish I would have gotten the sleeve. That way I wouldn't have to deal with getting fills. Or being loose or tight. Or anything else band related. But without the band I wouldn't have met such great people as I have found here on LBT. I thought the sleeve was another name for gastric-by-pass. So I didn't even look into it.

I never knew about the sleeve either when I was banded. I too wish I had gotten it straight from the beginning. I went through so much with all the fills, trying to find restriction. Everyone I know that has the sleeve absolutely loves it. You don't have to deal with certain foods getting stuck, or being tight in the morning, or being tighter one day and loose the next. You have restriction right after surgery and there really is no aftercare going back to the doctor because you're so hungry and are not losing weight.

Hi Ladies, I have a question. I have Leslie Sansone's 40 plus Walking tape. Its a 2 mile walk. Just wondering how many calories I burn off doing this. Anyone know? Thanks ;)

Pj it will depend on how fast you walk the 2 miles..

in the beginning I did 2 miles on the treadmill and at 250 burned like 300 calories - now if i do 2 miles on flat surface I burn like 180 calories

Hi Ladies, I have a question. I have Leslie Sansone's 40 plus Walking tape. Its a 2 mile walk. Just wondering how many calories I burn off doing this. Anyone know? Thanks ;)

If it's like the Leslie Sansone tapes I have - 1, 2, 3 and superburn challenge tapes, she does a warm up, pretty fast paced walk, and a cool down. Aslo, do you have the belly belt with the cords that you use for your upper arms, etc.? I am sure that that may add extra calories... I know it definitely helps to keep my upper arms toned so I don't look like a flying squirrel.

My DBF was making fun of me, saying "that's not exercising!" So I challenged him to get up one morning with me and do it. He said "sure, no problem." So, he did get up with me, and we started the 1 mile -- after about 5-8 minutes, Leslie said "OK, we're done with the warm up, let's start the 1 mile." He said "F**K! That was JUST the warm-up?" He couldn't do anymore than that that day and was breathing hard and sweating ... he doesn't give me grief about my "walking tapes" anymore ... he did get so he could do the entire 1 mile... and didn't move on to the 2 mile with me ... we bought bikes instead. However, seeing as it is starting to get warm in LV - 100 already -- I think I'll do my walking tapes and ride the bikes in the evening once it cools down.

GOOD LUCK with your exercise and weight loss program!! ;)

I decided to do that tape one day when I was at my heaviest weight. Needless to say it was a disaster. I herniated two disks. Now, I have to get shots for pain and take therapy. No, that tape is not for sissies or the out of shape.

Hello all. New to this site. I'm from N.E. Pennsylvania, the Poconos.

I'm scheduled for surgery June 1 and I'm 57, which OF COURSE my doc had to point out to me...(like I didn't know it)...that my success might not be the same as my daughter's success. But then I guess it depends on how you define "success." My success is not having a new boy-toy like my daughter. lol. Mine will be not having knees and joints ache going up the steps and not having to live with my CPAP machine. So I'm real easy to please these days...

Glad to see there is an over-50 group on here.

Trisha in da Poconos

Welcome Penn. Good luck with your journey. Are you married? If not maybe a boy toy won't be so bad!:glare::eek: But any questions you have just ask away. Have a great weekend and Happy Mothers Day

Hey Trisha, your goals sound do-able and realistic. We are the same age and the wt has gone very slowly, but it is going!!!!

Welcome and good luck. PS, maybe after a while you will change your mind about the boy toy, LOL!!!!

Mimi

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board, but wanted to introduce myself. I'm just starting the journey to a new me. I have my band date of May 21, 2009. Just 20 more days! I'm really excited and scared to death. I know I'm doing the right thing, just a chciken about the unknown. I've read the surgery stories and they all sound like the worst part of the surgery is the gas pain. I can handle that. Will make this my new instead of eating activity. I like meeting and making new friends.

Will post more later,

Susan

Congrats on your surgery date Sue, its creeping up quickly!!

Soon you'll be on your way to a healthier slimmer you:tt1:

Nah, not so interested in the boy-toy...lol...that is unless he's also a carpenter/plumber/electrician...then any age would be fine. lol

I have no doubt that my weight loss will not be the same as my daughter's but, like I said, different goals. From some of the complications that I read about on here, as long as mine are as minimal as hers have been, I will also be happy and I think she's been on the aggressive side with her fills, but she had a plan/goal and has stuck to it pretty good...although I'm sure the boy-toy has helped her :tt2:

It also helps having someone close that's also had it. I have someone a phone call away to ask. But I think being single may also help in the sense I don't have to cook food for anyone else. The dogs don't count. Although starting next week when I start liquid pre-op, they are so not getting roasted chicken with their dog food for awhile. :biggrin:

thanks all

and a very happy mother's day to all

trisha

Hello Fifties: Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

Trish: Welcome. I am 56, 55 when I had my band placed last June and have lost close to 60 lbs. I am thrilled with that weight loss. I seem to have plateaued tho. Did I spell that right? Anyway, I am still happy with my band and the Dr. is pleased with my weight loss. Don't compare yourself to anyone else, how much you lose is very individual.

Susan

thanks Susan. 60 lbs in less than a year is wonderful. My daughter's loss was 80 in 14 months. So it all sounds like a healthy pace. I can hardly wait. When I first got my surgery date, I was like eating everything I could. That has now worn off. Now I'm looking forward to starting the liquid diet because i know that's my real countdown to THE day.

My daughter and I were going to do the band at the same time, but she has struggled her whole life with weight issues antd I really wanted it to be her time and for her to enjoy the support and attention she has gotten. She so deserved to enjoy her weight loss and it has been life-changing for her, nothing short of a transformation physically and mentally. And at least now I have the knowledge she has from having gone through it.

Very glad to see an over 50 group on here!!

Trisha

Hi all!:biggrin: Why is it so hard for Women of our age to lose weight?:tt2: I eat very little and walk 30 minutes every day like the Dr. says and I get no where.:biggrin:

I lost some weight before I was banded, then I have lost 18 since my surgery in Sept. 2008 for a total of 32 lbs. HELP!! Any suggestions welcome!

weight.png

Hi all!:biggrin: Why is it so hard for Women of our age to lose weight?:tt2: I eat very little and walk 30 minutes every day like the Dr. says and I get no where.:biggrin:

I lost some weight before I was banded, then I have lost 18 since my surgery in Sept. 2008 for a total of 32 lbs. HELP!! Any suggestions welcome!

weight.png

I know it is hard. My friend and I had WLS at the same time. I had the band and she had gastric bypass. She has lost 115lbs and doesn't journal her food or exercise. Me.....I journal and walk 30 minutes a day, and I struggle with weight loss. It is slow and steady. We will get there. If you will go on the pouch test you will jump start your weight loss. You can google "pouch test" to get it.

Looks like plateau is common at this time for many of us. I have bben at a standstill for 5 months..UGH/..o frustrating, but I know I am at a great place now, but want to lose that last 20#..

So much stress at work, which is an issue. I have always been a stress eater and this is top of the pile for my issues now. I survived the layoffs, but we are down 50% in our support staff and no reduction in duties..;)

I knw the next few months will be crazy and am trying to get a grip on my stress eating..