Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Uh-Oh, I forgot there are many banded people on this thread. If fact, I think there are only 2 of us who would be sleeve surgery.

OK, I'll spill. The band worked great for me for about 2 years . Then I started throwing up in my sleep. I hadn't had a fill in over a year. I had to have most of my fill removed and then I was hungry all the time.

Really, the best thing you can do if you want to know what is possible with the band is read the stories in the sleeve section of this board, or go to the complications section.

I loved my band for a long time. Then it started causing major problems for me, and a lot of other people as well.

If you are already banded, make sure you never stay tight. If you feel tight, get a slight unfill. Being too tight

is what causes all the problems. Although I have no idea why I was not too tight for over a year, and then all of a sudden I was.

I promise no more tries. I REALLY don't need the agravation! Just screw it.

LOL ... I'm sorry to laugh, I am laughing more at the way you're venting your frustration ... sounds like me.

Where do you live -- perhaps there is someone on the forum who lives near you who can help you out with your ticker ... I was hoping the link I gave you would help as it walked you through step by step with pictures ...

Give a shout-out for help in your area... I know if you lived near me I'd be more than happy to help you out. :thumbup:

Hi Susan I am having lap band on the 28th of May so I am there with you. I have everything done except the 10lbs they want me to lose before then. Good luck.

LOL ... I'm sorry to laugh, I am laughing more at the way you're venting your frustration ... sounds like me. Where do you live -- perhaps there is someone on the forum who lives near you who can help you out with your ticker ... I was hoping the link I gave you would help as it walked you through step by step with pictures ... Give a shout-out for help in your area... I know if you lived near me I'd be more than happy to help you out. :thumbup:

The tricky part is the copy/paste of the BBC code in to the signature box on LBT. Have to go to "edit signature" and paste in the highlighted code. Most people are cussing by the time they figure it out! But then you never have to do it again because whenever you go to the ticker site, it automatically updates the data in your signature.

The tricky part is the copy/paste of the BBC code in to the signature box on LBT. Have to go to "edit signature" and paste in the highlighted code. Most people are cussing by the time they figure it out! But then you never have to do it again because whenever you go to the ticker site, it automatically updates the data in your signature.

For some reason the copy/paste part never did work for me, even though I was doing exactly as the directions told me - bbc code and all. I finally emailed Alex and asked him what I was doing wrong. He helped me get it going and it has been updating just as it's supposed to since. I don't know what he did, but I wonder if a setting on my computer was standing in the way? I kept getting an "invalid file" message... It was very frustrating and I gave up more than once!

Glad to be apart of this group and looking forward to getting as much advise as I can about the lapband. I had surgery on Jan.22, 2009, but I am losing more inches than pounds. Any suggestions.:thumbup:

Hello fifties and sixties: Welcome to all the new women and men if there are any. I was banded on June 5, 2008 and I have lost 60lbs. I have had no trouble with my band at all until 2 weeks ago and had to have 1 cc taken out of my 4 cc band. Started to feel better, went on vacation for 9 days had no issues and now since I've been home and back to work, I'm starting with the indigestion again. Go figure, I know it's the stress I'm under at work, so I'm trying to chill which is hard to do when you have dying people and their families in crisis. I gained 3 lbs while I was in Disney even with the unfill so I feel pretty good about that. This is the first time in 11 months that I have gained any weight.

Oregon: So glad to see you posting and I was happy you clarified your comment about the band to say you were very happy for 2 years before you started with problems. No matter what the outcome is with my band, I consider it a success because I have had it in almost a year and it has helped me to get off the majority of my weight. I've thought about what I'd do if I had to have my band removed and I too would probably have the sleeve done. For me and some others this was the least agressive form of barriatric surgery and I really needed to do baby steps sooooooooooooo, if this fails it's off to the Drs.for a sleeve. Ok, enough rambling. I am really happy for you and I hope the hunger goes away real fast.

Thank you! I did love my band for a long time. Once complications set in, it got expensive because my insurance doesn't cover anything band related.

I think the sleeve is a good option. Everyone I know that has it really loves the sleeve too.

I have lost 9 lbs in a week. I know that is from being on the Clear Liquids, but I am still happy about it!

Livin'....I hope things tame down for you and you start feeling better. Please don't let it go if you don't feel better soon. Get checked out. Pain and problems are a physical sign that something is going on. Happy to hear that you had a nice vacation.

Oregon...you are one in a million. Have never heard of someone being hungry after the sleeve. Have checked in on other threads just to see how you are doing. Hope the hunger subsides for you.

Gonna wish all you fine women Happy Mothers Day early and have a great weekend. I'm off to the lake!

Apples, I want to go to the lake with you. I love the Water. I am most relaxed when I am near the water.28_1_16.gif 7_1_118.gif

Oregondaisy...If I ever need to have a revision it would definatly be to the sleeve. I love my band, but kinda wish I would have gotten the sleeve. That way I wouldn't have to deal with getting fills. Or being loose or tight. Or anything else band related. But without the band I wouldn't have met such great people as I have found here on LBT. I thought the sleeve was another name for gastric-by-pass. So I didn't even look into it.

Hi Ladies, I have a question. I have Leslie Sansone's 40 plus Walking tape. Its a 2 mile walk. Just wondering how many calories I burn off doing this. Anyone know? Thanks :)