Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Ok thank you. I knew something wasn't quite right. It's taken me 2 days to drink one whole bottle of Water - I knew that couldn't be right. I don't even like water much, but I'm trying to do whatever I can to keep the hungry's from pulling me down. Besides, I was starting to feel a bit anemic.

I don't like water either, Sharon. I get mine in by adding Crystal Lite... (store brands are cheaper.... Albertson's, Wal-Mart & others have same thing as Crystal Lite). Keep a large jug of it in the fridge at all times. I use a 20 oz Rubbermaid water bottle and usually make my goal of emptying it 3X every day.

And the first bottle of the day has Benefiber in it to get my Fiber in, too, and it doesn't change the taste at all. I don't think it would matter if you started using it now, during the liquid stage, and it might help the diarrhea problem, too. Anyone else have thoughts on that??

let me share my take on this, I was banded on the 16th 09...My thinking is that when you eat that popsicle or eat that Jello, you arent eating a meal,,,and all the Water you are sipping in between and during this time is just counted at survival and hydration. i think we just arent eating anything but liquids and that doesnt make a meal,,,,not im my book...good luck to you

mary

Toy: You are in my prayers. It sounds miserable. I was so Blessed with a very smooth and uneventful recovery. I am laying hands on you now and standing in the gap for you that Jesus will touch your body and take that nausea and vomiting away. Amen

Thanks for all the kudos and well wishes on hitting my 100 lb mark. Alas, today was not the day, I got 99 1/2!! GRRRR Hubby tells me to round up! But I want to see it on the scale official. It will hit anyday. I'm on the scale every day right now anxious to hit it. Funny, hubby even got up with me at 4am to see if I made it. He's been my biggest supporter. He even goes to my support group meetings with me. And he did my Power 90 workout with me on Sat. and I think he was shocked at how tough it really was and was proud of how much I could do.

Hi Long2beThin,

What a fabulous husband you have. With support like his, I can see you BOTH dancing around the scales anytime now.

Goodonya.

I am now 10 days post op and have been feeling really sick. I am nauseous 24/7 and it gets worst when I am walking.

I can no longer sip my Protein and broth. I am barely getting the Water in me. I sip in small slow sips and no longer can get the 20z down.

Going to bed the last two nights was disastrous as i was fighting to keep from vomiting. I gagged but nothing came up. I am scheduled to see my surgeon this Wednesday in the a.m.

Did anyone go through this? If so what did you do?

Toy

Hi Toyster,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. I know exactly how you're feeling and it's not nice. Prop yourself up as much as you can when going to sleep and try not to eat for at least 2 - 3hours before you go to bed. Sometimes it helps.

Best wishes.

You are right on target! I called and a prescription has been called in and a family member is on the way to pick it up as I write this.

I really appreciate your response and it is great knowing we have the support for each other here.

Toy:drool:

Good news about getting something to help you through this.

There is a nasty intestinal virus going around, it had my daughter out of commission for almost 4 days. THank goodness no one else got it..

Hope you fell better soon

Yep, Katy, hubby celebrated with me this morning. I hit the 100 lbs mark and he got up and hugged me and told me how proud is was of me. Then promptly went back to bed as it was 430am and he doesn't have to get up as early as me. I am just thrilled to have reached that. When I got banded I thought I'd be the one it didn't work for or something. Instead the Lord has blessed me with just the opposite, I've had amazing success and a smooth journey thus far. Now I have visions of actually reaching my goal weight. Only 36 to go!

YAY!!! IT'S TIME FOR THE HAPPY DANCE!

Congratulations, Lori - we are all proud of you, happy for you - and picturing our own futures!

You ARE the WOMAN!!

Long - Great job on reaching the 100 lb mark!! Keep up the good work.

Congrats again Long :cursing:- I am just so proud of you and so happy for you - I know how wonderful it is to say 100 lbs gone - and those 36 will be gone before you know it and we will all be shouting in joy for you when you do hit your goal weight..

WTG GIRL KEEP IT UP !!!

:tt1:

Congrats Long!! You are such an inspiration to all of us. Did you do the happy dance at 4:30am? :cursing:

Reading your post gives me hope....I know I can do this, one pound at a time.