Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say No To Carbs 2 Day Challenge...come Join Me

wish i could, but my PS said NO! low carb when recovering.

are you only doing shakes? no meal at night?

I am only doing shakes with the exception of tomorrow night. I'll probably do this for 3-4 days, then start eating solid food again. I'm having major sugar cravings and this worked pretty good last time, so I'll give it another try.

I'm in. I have really been having a hard time during the past week as well. With this stomach bug I am not eating anyway, so it is a good time to work on my cravings. I have been drinking Starbucks Peppermint White Mocha way too much. I think this is why my cravings have returned with a vengeance. I have not had anything today, so I will go drink a shake and get started with ya!!

Hey Renewed! I'm glad I have a buddy to do this with. I haven't been doing very well this past week. It's my TOM and I have been having the worst cravings. I'm usually pretty good at handling them, but this one has got me. I've gained a couple of pounds since last week and I'm sick of feeling crappy. So, I'm glad you're joining me.

Sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon. Have you been throwing up? That is my worst fear, that I'll get sick and throw up too much and mess up my band. I still have some Phenergan suppositories from when I had my surgery, so I guess I could use those if I had to. Hope you get well soon!

Hey guys, I saw this posted on another thread and actually just started doing this myself this morning as well. My hubby was laughing at my self-imposed liquid diet when normally all I do is complain when I have to go on liquids after a fill. But, I had been craving carbs big time lately, and giving in to those cravings so I decided I had to try this.

Georgia, I have not thrown up, and that is one of my worst fears as well. I am very nauseated and afraid to put anything down. The diarrhea is the worst though. I also have phenergan. My dh suggested I take some this morning, but with 4 kids 4 and under to take care of, I am afraid it will make me too sleepy. As soon as he gets home from work if I don't feel better then I am going to take the phenergan. Hopefully I will feel better by then. Surely this will be better soon. Prior to this bug, I have been having a very hard time with cravings as well. I've been eating lots that I shouldn't!! I have to get control of this once again. A lifelong journey, right???

Amy

Hey guys, I saw this posted on another thread and actually just started doing this myself this morning as well. My hubby was laughing at my self-imposed liquid diet when normally all I do is complain when I have to go on liquids after a fill. But, I had been craving carbs big time lately, and giving in to those cravings so I decided I had to try this.

Glad you are joining us, Susan!! My husband said the same thing this morning when I told him, lol! Oh well, we gotta do something to get back on track.

Georgia, I have not thrown up, and that is one of my worst fears as well. I am very nauseated and afraid to put anything down. The diarrhea is the worst though. I also have phenergan. My dh suggested I take some this morning, but with 4 kids 4 and under to take care of, I am afraid it will make me too sleepy. As soon as he gets home from work if I don't feel better then I am going to take the phenergan. Hopefully I will feel better by then. Surely this will be better soon. Prior to this bug, I have been having a very hard time with cravings as well. I've been eating lots that I shouldn't!! I have to get control of this once again. A lifelong journey, right???

Amy

Glad to hear you're not throwing up. Phenergan definitely makes you sleepy, so hopefully you will feel better by the time DH gets home. If not, take the Phenergan and get some rest. Feel better soon!

I haven't had too many carb cravings, but if the scale stalls for 5 days, then I do a liquid day. Here's what I do: I have a Protein drink every three hours starting at 8am and ended at 8pm. I alternate with one Atkins shake and a glass ( 1/2 bottle) of Isopure CLEAR. The high Protein keeps me satisifed. If I feel I need something hot, I'll have some broth.

Getting through dinner time is the hardest. I don;t always make it. If I'm struggling then I have butternut squash Soup at 5pm time. Eliminate the glass of Isopure at that time and have the isopure at 8pm instead of having the shake at 8pm.

If you follow it exactly it's under 700 calories and 85 gms of protein. That should get rid of those carb cravings!

I don;t do this more than twice in a month!

Last time I did this, I didn't feel any different after just one day. It took a few days to break those cravings for me. Once I broke through those cravings, I was good to go for a long while. I'm hoping I have the same experience this time around.

I will probably have some chai tea and Decaf coffee while on this as well.

Okay, I'm very proud of myself! It really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Here's what I had today:

10:00am- low carb slim fast

12:00pm- 1 bottle of Water

4:00pm- 1 bottle of Water

8:00pm- low carb slim fast

9:30pm- 1 bottle of water

I am very suprised that I haven't even been hungry today. I hope this helps me make my St. Patty's Day goal!

How did you guys do?

Two low carb slim fasts only add up to 40 grams of Protein. We are all supposed to have at least 60 per day.

I will join you on the no carbs, but I am not going to do liquid. I have done Protein shakes several times trying to break through a plateau. I have found I actually lose better if I do solid Protein rather than liquid.

(but no carbs)

Two low carb slim fasts only add up to 40 grams of Protein. We are all supposed to have at least 60 per day.

I will join you on the no carbs, but I am not going to do liquid. I have done Protein shakes several times trying to break through a plateau. I have found I actually lose better if I do solid protein rather than liquid.

(but no carbs)

I don't really worry about the protein anymore, as far as counting it, normally I have over the recommended amount when I am eating solids. I'm not really worried about it since it's only for a few days. You should definitely do what works best for you. You are certainly welcome to do the no carb challenge however you want to. Welcome aboard!!

Yeah, I tend to still worry about the Protein grams since my hair is still falling out.

I have done Atkins off and on ever since I was about 13 years old, so it's pretty easy for me to do it short term. That's the thing I love about it the most. All my sugar cravings go away. My biggest downfall during this whole weight loss process are the cravings for sweets and the fact that they go down so easy.

I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but I am going to do the shake challenge again. I've been having a really hard time with the cravings lately, so I need a detox. I'm starting today if anyone wants to join me.

I'll have to eat tomorrow night because some friends of ours invited us over for chili, and I think it would be rude not to eat. So, I will do shakes and Water today and tomorrow and have a small bowl of chili tomorrow night, then it's back to shakes.< /p>

Anyone want to join me?

georgia girl, I'm all for it! I haven't been craving carbs so much but I have been eating nachos for the past three days...perhaps due to TOM...ugh!! I have got to break this trend! Ok, so we are doing it for 3-4 days? What will we do, check in daily and list what we ate/drank?