Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say No To Carbs 2 Day Challenge...come Join Me

Oh hey - can we have coffeee?!!?! Please :eek:

OK... don't hate ME here... but I just HAD to quote my favorite book "Skinny Bitch" here:

"coffee, whether regular or Decaf, is highly acidic. Acidic foods cause your body to produce fat cells, in order to keep the acid away from your organs. (Please do not link this acidic issue to citrus and other fruits. We discuss this in deapth later on page 38.) So coffee equals fat cells."

Lol. Of course, I've never been a coffee drinker... I like the occational (a few times a year) Frappuccino from Starbucks, but still...

ANYWAY...

I have done great so far! I have had 2 Protein shakes, an apple (cause I"ll go crazy if I don't CHEW something, and fruit is natural carbs vs. the manipulated kind in breads, etc) 20oz Crystal light, and about 64oz Water.

Ghost,

Where do you get this low carb pudding? It's low carb and high Protein? I am guessing it's not something you can buy in the store. Do you order it online?

I am glad I hate coffee!

Ghost,

Where do you get this low carb pudding? It's low carb and high Protein? I am guessing it's not something you can buy in the store. Do you order it online?...

I've heard there is a pretty good store bought one called Stallone I think, but I make my own. I have several different recipes.

The one I used today was to mix:

1.4oz sugar free chocolate pudding mix

2 cans of Low Carb Slimfast and

1-1/2 scoops of Protein powder.

The entire batch has 680 calories, 76 Protein, & 36 carbs. I divided it up into 4 servings which breaks it down to (170/19/9).

It tastes pretty good as is but I usually like to put it in the freezer for about 1/2 hour until it starts to freeze then stir until it is about the consistency of a Wendy's Frosty.

I also like to stir in 1/2 tablespoon of P.B. just before I eat it. That bumps the breakdown up to (217/21/10) but is worth it to me.

Another good version is to replace the Slimfast with 2 cups cottage cheese & 1/2 cup skim milk that has been run through the blender until completely smooth before mixing with the pudding mix. The cottage cheese has a better protein to carb ratio than the Protein Powder and is an all natural substitute for those that don't want to use Slim Fast or Protein powders. The end results taste really good, it reminds me of my mothers chocolate pudding made with whole milk. It does NOT taste like cottage cheese in any way. The best thing about the cottage cheese blend is that it works great with all kinds of different flavors. I've used it to make the sugar free cheesecake mix and sugar free lemon pudding. It also makes a thicker pudding which helps fill me up. Actually the only reason I used the slimfast this time is I didn't have any cottage cheese on hand.

Today's Breakdown:

56oz - Water

3 - LowCarb Slimfast (190/20/2 per can)

1 - serving Protein pudding (217/21/10)

1/4 cup - Cashews (188/5/8) YIKES!!! BAD GHOST VERY BAD GHOST!

That brings my total to 975 Calories, 86 Protein & 24 Carbs

Would have been much happier with myself if I hadn't reached for those darned Cashews in the breakroom at work. I told myself I was just going to suck on one to get the flavor but next thing I knew I had already ate 1/4 cup. Thankfully I managed to pull myself away before I eat any more. (OK OK the phone rang, but at least I stopped.) Will try to do better tomorrow. Still not too bad overall I guess.

I am definitely going to try that. It sounds so yummy!

Thanks!

Really is pretty good. Helps curb my cravings for sweets and icecream. You can change it up all kinds of ways. I've mixed in frozen bananas, frozen strawberries. A dash of Lime juice in the cheesecake flavor to make it more like key lime pie. A couple friends of mine also like to add instant coffee to the chocolate pudding (YUCK!)

The pudding mix adds some unnecessary calories and carbs but I just can't hardly stand to not feel like I ate something solid. So the pudding helps me change a diet chore into a diet treat.

Good night all. Only 24 more hours left to go.

Tomorrow I'm going to shoot for (2) Slimfast and (2) puddings. NO, I repeat NO Cashews! That would give me a respectable daily total of 814/82/24.

OK - I survived yesterday without coffee :smile:

Of course I'm sucking a cup down right now because I didn't read Suzzzie's post soon enough - hmmmm.

3 Protein shakes w/ 1% milk - 568cal/11fat/33carb/83protein

2 bananas - 217cal/1fat/55carb/2protein

Total for the day - 785 calories / 12 fat / 88 carb / 85 Protein

I was starving at the end of the day which is why I ended up with the extra banana. I'm supposed to go jogging tonight and go to my community band rehearsal so I hope I have enough energy.

And ... don't you know the scale didn't show a stinkin ounce of a difference this morning!!!! grrrrr

Only one more day .... only one more day .... only one more day!

Ghost that pudding sounds fabulous! I just wish I liked pudding :smile:

Something about the texture grosses me out - it smells fabulously though so all the kids and DH buy SF pudding because they know I won't take it or even want it.

Everyone is doing good. :smile:

Just had my Protein shake. Today is my day off work, so I got to sleep in until 10am, and laid in bed reading my book until about 1045 before my cats protested and insisted that I get up to feed them! So, here I sit, catching up on everything LBT and sipping my vanilla soy banana Protein Shake. Super yum!

Towards the later hours yeaterday I was feeling a bit anxious/moody which happens when my blood glucose levels drop. (Not diabetic, but hypoglycemic... low blood sugar is miserable!!) So I had 1 butterscotch candy, and drank a bottle of Water. And that was like 10pm, so I went to bed. I have no idea how many calorie or carbs are in 1 butterscotch... I suppose I should look it up...

Hey all. I may have to back down from the challenge today. I just went to the restroom and nearly passed out. (Dizzy, cold sweats, etc.) I'm a bit better know but still feel a bit dizzy. I don't know if it is due to the lack of food alone or a reaction to the lack of foods being taken with my meds.

I've got a probable torn rotator cuff at the moment. I've started physical therepy yesterday and can't get insurance to approve an MRI to make an accurate diagnosis until I've been to therapy for 2 weeks. In the meantime I've been taking some prescrption Hydracodone (sp?) for the pain. I took one at 5:30am and another at 7:30 but haven't had any since. I also took a muscle relaxant this morning for the shoulder as well as a prescription "water" pill for some swelling issues related to my Plastic Surgery a couple months ago. It could be the combination of these drugs along with the lack of food is effecting me. I don't know but if it doesn't clear up within the hour I think I'm going to eat something.

So Far today:

2 bottles of Water

1 Low Carb Slimfast

Oh my Ghost! Yes, you should eat something if you feel that badly! thats why i have to have an apple or something during the day.

This may be a bit gross but pain pills usually give me Constipation. Then I think the Water pill softened up the stool "up-stream" to the point I had diarhea trapped behind the constipation. after typing the last post I went running back to the bathroom. Had to then lay on the floor until everthing stopped spinning but I swear after this last trip I've got to be a good 5 pounds lighter than I was this morning.

Just to make the visual even more disgusting. Now that I'm back to my desk again I'm sitting here eating my chocolate Protein pudding with chunky Peanut Butter mixed in. If I have to make a third trip to the restroom I think I'm going to go home. This isn't exactly the kind of thing you want to be going through at work.