Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say No To Carbs 2 Day Challenge...come Join Me

I added a little bit of coffee to my vanilla Cream shake, along with some ice, I blended it all together and it was really good. I like to switch things up because I tend to get tired of the same ole' thing all the time.

Even if this doesn't break my cravings for sugar and carbs, I've learned a lot about REAL hunger. We need to eat to live, not live to eat. Thanks for getting this started.

Well, mylife changed tonight. We just got 2 foster kids tonight. A girl who is 6 and a boy who is 3.

Wow, that's inspirational. I'm proud of you for taking on that challenge and for helping some little kids in trouble. I'm sure it's a lot of work but one day they'll remember that your family took them in and welcomed them into a safe home!

Well, mylife changed tonight. We just got 2 foster kids tonight. A girl who is 6 and a boy who is 3. Yep, that makes 5 kids at my house and they are 2 months, 13 months, 3, 6 and 9. It is crazy around here tonight. Needless to say I haven't thought much about food tonight. I have only had 1 1/2 shakes today and about 24 oz of Water. That is not near enough Water. I will drink somemore before I go to bed. It is amazing though, I am not hungry. Maybe I didn't need a lap band just 5 kids. LOL Without my band I'm sure I would be eating like crazy.

Congratulations, that's great. I know you are going have such a positive impact on these kids' lives. We need more people like you in this world.

Well everyone, I had the best intentions but only lasted till 6pm today. I had a bad bout of diahaerra (sp) this afternoon and felt off so ended up eating a low fat diet dinner. I also realised that even though I wasn't too hungry through the day I was pretty hungry by the time I got home. Congratulations to those who lasted the duration.

Well, it is finally Wednesday morning, and I must say, I am very ready for a low carb, low fat breakfast!!

Yall are so kind about the foster kids. We are truly the ones who are blessed. They are such prescious children. To see the smiles on their faces over getting a new pair of shoes and a toothbrush. It really makes me thankful for all I have and all I have taken for granted.

Good on you Renewedhope, it's people like you who make this world a better place. Children need people like you to help make them better adults and in turn making this world a better place to live in. :clap2: :clap2:

Didn't know where or if to post this but I just went to Walgreens yesterday. They are having a great deal on Slimfast right now. It hasn't really been advertised well but if you buy 3 boxes of Slimfast (I prefer the Low-Carb) you get a $6 "Register Rewards"coupon off your next purchase at Walgreens. You also get a second Register Reward coupon for $5 from the same purchase because of another promotion going on where you get $5 for spending over $15 on Unilever products (which Slimfast is). Where I live the Slimfast is currently on sale for $18 for 3 boxes.

6.00 - Slimfast Low Carb

6.00 - Slimfast Low Carb

6.00 - Slimfast Low Carb

18.00 - Sub Total

1.36 - Tax

19.36 - Total

(6.00) - Register Reward for buying 3 Slimfast Products

(5.00) - Register Reward for spending over $15 on Unilever Products

$ 8.36 - Final Cost for 12 cans of Slimfast or 70 Cents per Can!

I think I will be crusin' all the different Walgreens near me tonight and buying them out of the Low-Carb Slimfast!

Oh I only wish I had saw this one in time to join in!!! I SOOOOO need to get my butt back on track!!!!!! I'm going to follow y'alls progress but then I think I'm going to try it :D

Go ladies!!!

Hey Wombat! I'll do this with you. Lol. When you wanna start?? Just give me 24 hours notice, haha!

I'll do it again too. I think I needed more than 2 days because I was craving carbs today, fortunately only veggies, but I really want to lose the craving so I don't substitute for a no-no.

I am going to take a couple of days to see how I do, but on Monday I will either begin Atkins induction or go back on shakes. It just depends on how my carb cravings are over the weekend. I am not sure 3 days was enough for me either, but my new kiddos have never eaten in a resteraunt, so we are going to do a few fun things with them this weekend.