Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say No To Carbs 2 Day Challenge...come Join Me

Oh ghost - I'm sorry you're having such a rough day!!!

At this point I'm wishing I had agreed to just eat meat for 2 days - I need to chew!!!!!! and the banana just aint cuttin' it for me :cool:

A few more hours ... no one's dead, yet ....

Well the problem seems to have "passed" (OK bad pun)

I did decide to eat a few more cashews today, though probably only 1/8 cup. I told myself it was to help settle things down but it was probably just another cop-out to cheat.

ONLY 8 more hours until I go to bed!!!! YIPEE!

We can do this.

OMG we're done!!!!

That was tough and ummmm, the scale didn't give me any kudos for it either :)

Oh well - it made my raisen bran taste divine this morning!!!

wombat

Yesterday's Breakdown:

56oz - Water

2 - LowCarb Slimfast (190/20/2 per can)

1 - serving Protein pudding (217/21/10)

1/4 cup - Cashews (188/5/8) (I know 2 days in a row but I really needed it this time)

That brings my total to 785 Calories, 66 Protein & 22 Carbs

Now I'm going to try to take small steps back up to a "normal" diet. Today & Tomorrow I plan on having 1 or 2 Slimfast, 1 salad & 1 Protein pudding.< /p>

Sorry about the scale not moving for you Wombat.

I have to say mine did move and big time. I lost nearly 4 pounds in those 2 days! Of course a most of it probably had more to do with my problems in the bathroom yesterday than the actual liquid diet itself. But I'll take it.

I ended up with this for yesterday:

3 Protein shakes w/ 1% milk - 568cal/11fat/33carb/83protein

2 bananas - 217cal/1fat/55carb/2protein

1 SF diced peaches - 25cal/6carb

1 cup coffee

16 oz Water (I know - I suck at this part)

Total for the day - 810 calories / 12 fat / 94 carb / 85 Protein

Yesterday I had my 2 Protein Shakes, about 250 cals each. Drank approx 70oz water... at 10pm I was about to chew my arm off! I know I should have just gone to bed, but I was restless... My roommate was cooking french fries in the oven and I could smell them. I was rabid by the time they were done and ate the tiniest crumb of one... seriously small... It was like heaven! lol. Makes me soooo glad that my surgeon only required a 2 day liquid diet, vs some who seem to make you go on a 2 week liquid diet. I would have fallen off for sure!

Anyway, scale read me at 295 this morning, so I'll take it!

my email is zenobia_moore@yahoo.com if you don't mind please email me with some meal ideas the dietician is just too vague. I'm a fart factory b/c I eat daily watermelon@ Breakfast, redbeans, 1/2 pc chicken breast, or salad @ lunch, usually meat chicken and ranch dressing for dinner I have lost very little. I am a snacker usually mixed nuts (lightly salted). My main lost was the first couple of weeks I count steps on the treadmill I do 2500 one night and 4000 the next. Fellow bandits I really need help, and advise about gas, Oh!!! I work in the OR so no patient's nostrils have been injured via my gas, they usually have other things to think of upon induction.LOL, LOL.

Banded 11-26-07 24

Start weight: 240

Current wt: 220

Goal: 150-160

Tired of being fluffyz, big zo, fat

Ready to be one hot nurse

New Orleans, Louisiana

Dr. Tom Lavin

I don't know how much proetin you are exactly getting in per meal, but I do know that large amounts of it at a time cannot absorb properly and will cause gas. It sounds weird, but so true. You can take Aminogen to help with Protein absorbtion.

The Beans could do it too...

There is a horrible virus going around too. I spent one entire night

running to the bathroom. Everyone I know has had it.

Well, I did shakes and Water for 5 days and didn't lose any weight. The good news is, I'm not craving carbs and sweets anymore! I started back exercising Monday and I think I'll eat low carb for a while. I'm not necessarily doing Atkins induction, just keeping carbs low for a while. I'm hoping it will break my plateau.

You and me both. The best part of going low carb is it helps with the cravings. I have done well today with sticking to as low as I can get.

I was doing only shakes for awhile and I found that it just made me think about food too much. It's just as easy to go low carb eating food. I love the Atkins bars. The one with the nougat is delicious and there is a Peanut Butter chocolate one that says

Morning on the box that is really good too.